|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The city manager.
2. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
3. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
(a) Three years.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Three months.
4. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It does not accept European Jews.
(b) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
(c) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
(d) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
5. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
(c) Anxiety and diabetes.
(d) Depression and hypochondria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Klemperer begin to send out job applications to other countries?
2. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
3. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
4. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
5. What does nearly every Jew remaining in Germany, including the Klemperers, try to do in response to the rumors of ghettos?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)