|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) One month.
2. Although all of the Klemperers are suffering from ill health and depression in 1940, what specifically happens to Grete?
(a) She falls and breaks her arm, which is soon very badly infected.
(b) She switches from fits of hysteria and almost unconsiousness on a daily basis.
(c) She becomes so depressed she stops talking altogether.
(d) She suffers a mental breakdown and has to be hospitalized.
3. Both Victor and Eva appear to be _____________ much of the time in the entries written in 1936.
4. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
5. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) Their political views.
(b) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(c) Their criticism of his political views.
(d) They become members of the Nazi party.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
2. What does Klemperer call the building in which their apartment is located?
3. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
4. One of Victor's entries makes note of the establishment of which automaker's factory?
5. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)