|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
2. Which war begins in August 1936?
(a) The Spanish Civil War.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Crimean War.
(d) World War II.
3. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
(a) By hand.
(b) On underground printing presses.
(c) In the United States.
(d) At printing companies in neutral countries.
4. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
(a) The Anschluss.
(b) The Röhm Revolt.
(c) The Kristallnacht.
(d) The Shoah.
5. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
(a) The names of the months.
(b) The days of the week.
(c) The regions of the country.
(d) The names of the cities and towns.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Klemperer receive his driving permit?
2. In 1938, Germany annexes __________ in a non-violent political victory known today as the Anschluss.
3. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
4. When Hitler visits Italy in 1938, it becomes evident that he is Mussolini's ____________.
5. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)