|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
2. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
(a) The Olympics.
(b) A visit from President Roosevelt.
(c) The G-20 summit.
(d) A visit from the Red Cross.
3. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
(a) He retires.
(b) He receives a termination notice.
(c) He receives a promotion.
(d) He returns to the lecture circuit.
4. In what month of 1940 does Klemperer send his stamp collection and important papers to his friend Annemarie for safeguarding?
5. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
(a) She is infirm and sickly on a nearly daily basis.
(b) She is generally healthy but occasionally falls ill.
(c) She is confined to a wheelchair.
(d) She is very healthy and never gets sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
2. When the police search the Klemperers' home in November, what besides books is taken?
3. With which political ideology is the Klemperers' friend, Gusti Wieghardt, enamored?
4. In 1938, _____________ is partitioned and Germany claims a huge part of the country.
5. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)