|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
(b) He was dishonorably discharged.
(c) He deserted.
(d) He was discharged for medical reasons.
2. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
3. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
(b) A considerable sum of money.
(c) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(d) A year's supply of medicine.
4. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
(b) Former acquaintances and allies of Hitler.
(d) Former acquaintances and allies of Heidelberg.
5. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(a) To see relatives.
(b) To discuss escape plans.
(d) To search for retail items.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
2. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
3. In 1938, _____________ is partitioned and Germany claims a huge part of the country.
4. Whom do the newspapers give the responsibility of breeding Nordic-blooded individuals to escape the taint of Jewry?
5. Klemperer finds the costs of maintaining the car to be extremely ______________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)