|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes food and commercial items increasingly difficult to obtain as 1939 progresses?
(a) The Swedish embargo.
(b) The Russian embargo.
(c) The English blockade.
(d) The American blockade.
2. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
(a) His eyesight.
(b) Eva's anxiety.
(c) Eva's teeth.
(d) His heart condition.
3. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
(b) Depression and hypochondria.
(d) Anxiety and diabetes.
4. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
5. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
(a) A military coup.
(b) A workers' revolution.
(c) A rigged national election.
(d) A valid national election.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month of 1940 does Klemperer send his stamp collection and important papers to his friend Annemarie for safeguarding?
2. What happens to Victor's sister, Grete, after she suffers a mental collapse and a heart attack?
3. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
4. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
5. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)