|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(b) The Soviet Union.
(d) The United States.
2. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
(a) Propagandistic slogans used as postmarks.
(b) The production of coloring books that indoctrinate children.
(c) Mein Kampf replacing Bibles in churches and synagogues.
(d) Propagandistic slogans used as fortunes in fortune cookies.
3. Why is Klemperer's manuscript of The Eighteenth Century rejected?
(a) Because it is poorly written.
(b) Because he is a Christian.
(c) Lack of market interest.
(d) Because he is a Jew.
4. In 1938, Germany annexes __________ in a non-violent political victory known today as the Anschluss.
(c) The Sudetenland.
5. By 1940, war _________ commonplace.
(a) Crimes are.
(b) Profiteering is.
(c) Talk is.
(d) Related viruses are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
2. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
3. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
4. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
5. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)