|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the yellow sign that the government puts on Klemperer's fence corners?
(a) It announces that the property is for sale.
(b) It announces that the property belongs to a Jew.
(c) It announces that the property is under construction.
(d) It announces that the property belongs to a mixed-race couple.
2. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
3. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(b) Burglaries and murders.
(c) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(d) Riots and looting.
4. In November 1939, an unsuccessful attempt is made to assassinate:
5. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) They are indeed voluntary.
(b) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
(c) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(d) They are a de facto party membership fee.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
2. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
3. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
4. In 1939, what is issued to the Jews?
5. What does Klemperer do with the papers he does not send for safekeeping?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)