|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(a) To see relatives.
(b) To search for retail items.
(c) To discuss escape plans.
2. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
3. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Indoctrination classes.
(b) Military service.
(c) Work camps.
(d) Church attendance.
4. Which major World War II battle begins in 1940?
(a) The invasion of Normandy.
(b) The Battle of Leyte Gulf.
(c) The Battle of Midway.
(d) The Battle of Britain.
5. The Nazis call the invasion of which country off?
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
2. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
3. Klemperer finds the costs of maintaining the car to be extremely ______________.
4. What does Klemperer call the building in which their apartment is located?
5. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)