|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In October 1938, when Victor becomes ill, why can't he obtain medical attention?
(a) Because he is a Jew.
(b) Because he has no money.
(c) Because he is in a mixed-race marriage.
(d) Because he has no insurance.
2. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
3. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
4. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
(a) Behind a desk.
(b) On the front lines.
(c) In a tank.
(d) In a hospital.
5. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
(a) The city manager.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The police chief.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
2. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
3. When Klemperer applies to the American Consulate in Berlin, what number is he given when he is assigned to the immigrant waiting list?
4. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
5. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)