|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1938, Germany annexes __________ in a non-violent political victory known today as the Anschluss.
(a) The Sudetenland.
2. The Nazis call the invasion of which country off?
(b) The United States.
3. In 1939, what is issued to the Jews?
(a) Special 'Jew' identity cards.
(b) The dates on which they must move to the nearest ghetto.
(c) Rationing cards.
(d) Special 'Jew' armbands.
4. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It does not accept European Jews.
(b) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(c) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
(d) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
5. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
(a) Eva's anxiety.
(b) His eyesight.
(c) His heart condition.
(d) Eva's teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jewish bank accounts are _____________ and ready cash is seized.
2. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
3. In his entries of 1939, Victor Klemperer spends some time pondering the relationship between Jews and:
4. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
5. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)