|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) History and Renaissance literature.
(b) Romance literature and political science.
(c) Philology and romance literature.
(d) Philology and history.
2. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(b) To discuss escape plans.
(c) To search for retail items.
(d) To see relatives.
3. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
4. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
5. What does Klemperer expect in the wake of the assassination attempt that does not seem to materialize?
(a) Additional anti-Jew laws.
(b) Deportation to concentration camps.
(c) Immediate anti-Semitic reprisals.
(d) Forced relocation to ghettos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Victor's sister, Grete, after she suffers a mental collapse and a heart attack?
2. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
3. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
4. In his entries of 1939, Victor Klemperer spends some time pondering the relationship between Jews and:
5. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)