|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(b) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
(c) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
(d) It does not accept European Jews.
2. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Establish diplomatic ties to.
(b) Become disenchanted with.
(c) Support annexation of.
(d) Emigrate to.
3. The mass _____________ of Jews has had the effect of separating friends and relatives.
4. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) A student.
(b) A fellow author.
(c) His employer.
(d) A publisher.
5. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) Franco-Prussian War.
(b) The German Revolution.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
2. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
3. Why does Klemperer begin to send out job applications to other countries?
4. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
5. Bombings occur in the West, then in Berlin, and then occasionally in:
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)