|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It does not accept European Jews.
(b) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
(c) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(d) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
2. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
3. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a convert to Christianity.
(b) He is a veteran of World War I.
(c) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
(d) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
4. What type of marriages are prohibited?
(a) Anything other than civil marriages.
5. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
(a) The Kristallnacht.
(b) The Anschluss.
(c) The Shoah.
(d) The Röhm Revolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
2. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
3. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
4. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
5. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)