|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
(b) Farm coalitions.
2. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) Philology and history.
(b) Romance literature and political science.
(c) History and Renaissance literature.
(d) Philology and romance literature.
3. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
(a) The Olympics.
(b) The G-20 summit.
(c) A visit from the Red Cross.
(d) A visit from President Roosevelt.
4. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
(a) The Reich Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(b) The Reich Citizenship Law.
(c) The Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(d) The Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor.
5. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
(a) Old age.
(b) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
2. When was Victor born?
3. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
4. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
5. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)