|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) A considerable sum of money.
(b) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(c) A year's supply of medicine.
(d) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
2. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They accept them.
(b) They want to join the Nazi party.
(c) They agree with them.
(d) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
3. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
(a) It is a review of eighteenth-century art.
(b) It is a review of eighteenth-century literature.
(c) It is a review of eighteenth-century politics.
(d) it is a review of eighteenth-century German history.
4. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
(a) He retires.
(b) He returns to the lecture circuit.
(c) He receives a termination notice.
(d) He receives a promotion.
5. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Riots and looting.
(b) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(c) Burglaries and murders.
(d) Demonstrations and assemblies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
2. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
3. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
4. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
5. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)