|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Jewish and Semitic.
(b) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(c) Catholic and Aryan.
(d) Protestant and black.
2. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) His employer.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A student.
(d) A fellow author.
3. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
(a) A transcription machine.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A mimeograph machine.
(d) A telegraph.
4. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Military service.
(b) Church attendance.
(c) Indoctrination classes.
(d) Work camps.
5. With which political ideology is the Klemperers' friend, Gusti Wieghardt, enamored?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
2. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
3. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
4. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
5. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)