|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
2. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
(a) It remains open but is not filled.
(b) It is filled by a non-Jew.
(c) It is filled by another Jew.
(d) It is not filled.
3. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
(b) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(c) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(d) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
4. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
(a) Full retirement pay.
(c) Half retirement pay.
(d) One-third retirement pay.
5. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
(a) Dental work.
(b) In-patient mental care.
(c) A liver transplant.
(d) Open-heart surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
2. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
3. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
4. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
5. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)