|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(a) The United States.
(d) The Soviet Union.
2. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Emigrate to.
(b) Become disenchanted with.
(c) Establish diplomatic ties to.
(d) Support annexation of.
3. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
(b) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(c) A year's supply of medicine.
(d) A considerable sum of money.
4. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
(a) Old age.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A stroke.
5. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
(a) A multiple-car collision.
(b) The collapse of a billboard.
(c) The sinking of a passenger ferry.
(d) The collapse of a construction trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
2. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
3. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
4. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
5. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)