|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(b) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(c) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
(d) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
2. Which war begins in August 1936?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Spanish Civil War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Crimean War.
3. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He has nearly abandoned it.
(b) He has entirely abandoned it.
(c) He is seriously doubting it.
(d) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
4. The mass _____________ of Jews has had the effect of separating friends and relatives.
5. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(a) The Allies.
(d) The German national character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer's book <I>LTI</I> deal with?
2. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
3. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
4. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
5. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)