|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 52 and 61.
(b) 60 and 50.
(c) 50 and 60.
(d) 61 and 52.
2. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
(b) Seek high interest home loans.
(c) Change their identities.
(d) Bribe the government to keep their positions.
3. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) They become members of the Nazi party.
(b) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(c) Their political views.
(d) Their criticism of his political views.
4. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
(a) Behind a desk.
(b) In a tank.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) On the front lines.
5. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
(a) She is generally healthy but occasionally falls ill.
(b) She is very healthy and never gets sick.
(c) She is confined to a wheelchair.
(d) She is infirm and sickly on a nearly daily basis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
2. Which war begins in August 1936?
3. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
4. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
5. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)