|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
2. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
(a) Half retirement pay.
(b) One-third retirement pay.
(c) Full retirement pay.
3. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
(a) The Shoah.
(b) The Kristallnacht.
(c) The Anschluss.
(d) The Röhm Revolt.
4. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) The Balkan War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Armenian War.
(d) The Abyssinian War.
5. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
(a) His theory of national characteristics.
(b) His ability to be considered a Protestant.
(c) His ability to remain in Germany.
(d) His ability to keep his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
2. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
3. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
4. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
5. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)