|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) History and Renaissance literature.
(b) Romance literature and political science.
(c) Philology and romance literature.
(d) Philology and history.
2. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
(a) A 1932 Opel.
(b) A 1934 Volvo.
(c) A 1936 Volkswagen.
(d) A 1932 Ford.
3. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
(a) Open-heart surgery.
(b) A liver transplant.
(c) Dental work.
(d) In-patient mental care.
4. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
(a) Farm coalitions.
5. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(b) They become members of the Nazi party.
(c) Their political views.
(d) Their criticism of his political views.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
2. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
3. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
4. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
5. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)