|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
(a) The G-20 summit.
(b) The Olympics.
(c) A visit from the Red Cross.
(d) A visit from President Roosevelt.
2. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
3. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) Philology and history.
(b) Philology and romance literature.
(c) Romance literature and political science.
(d) History and Renaissance literature.
4. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
5. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
2. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
3. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
4. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
5. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)