|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(b) Their criticism of his political views.
(c) Their political views.
(d) They become members of the Nazi party.
2. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
(a) Complete unavailability.
3. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
(a) His ability to keep his job.
(b) His ability to be considered a Protestant.
(c) His ability to remain in Germany.
(d) His theory of national characteristics.
4. At what point during classes are professors expected to give the Nazi salute?
(a) In the middle.
(b) While giving out homework.
(c) At the beginning.
(d) At the end.
5. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
2. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
3. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
4. Both Victor and Eva appear to be _____________ much of the time in the entries written in 1936.
5. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)