|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Church attendance.
(b) Work camps.
(c) Military service.
(d) Indoctrination classes.
2. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
(a) It is split between both parties.
(b) It isn't settled; it is thrown out of court.
(d) The defendant's.
3. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
(a) It is a review of eighteenth-century literature.
(b) it is a review of eighteenth-century German history.
(c) It is a review of eighteenth-century art.
(d) It is a review of eighteenth-century politics.
4. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He was discharged for medical reasons.
(b) He deserted.
(c) He was dishonorably discharged.
(d) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
5. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(b) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
(c) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
(d) It does not accept European Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
2. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
3. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
4. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
5. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)