|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
(a) Behind a desk.
(b) On the front lines.
(c) In a tank.
(d) In a hospital.
2. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) A year's supply of medicine.
(b) A considerable sum of money.
(c) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
(d) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
3. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He has nearly abandoned it.
(b) He is seriously doubting it.
(c) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
(d) He has entirely abandoned it.
4. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Burglaries and murders.
(b) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(c) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(d) Riots and looting.
5. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
(a) They are undecided.
(b) They are neutral.
(c) They support them.
(d) They are against them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of marriages are prohibited?
2. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
3. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
4. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
5. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)