|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
(a) He decides to emigrate if the Nazis are still in control in 1936.
(b) He emigrates immediately.
(c) He can't make up his mind; he is paralyzed by fear.
(d) He declines to emigrate.
2. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
3. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(b) It does not accept European Jews.
(c) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
(d) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
4. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
(a) A 1932 Ford.
(b) A 1936 Volkswagen.
(c) A 1934 Volvo.
(d) A 1932 Opel.
5. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Protestant and black.
(b) Jewish and Semitic.
(c) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(d) Catholic and Aryan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
2. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
3. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
4. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
5. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)