|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
2. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Burglaries and murders.
(b) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(c) Riots and looting.
(d) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
3. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
(a) Bribe the government to keep their positions.
(c) Change their identities.
(d) Seek high interest home loans.
4. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
(b) He was discharged for medical reasons.
(c) He deserted.
(d) He was dishonorably discharged.
5. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) Franco-Prussian War.
(d) The German Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
2. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
3. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
4. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
5. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)