|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(b) Their political views.
(c) They become members of the Nazi party.
(d) Their criticism of his political views.
2. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
(b) The Transvaal region.
(c) The Saar region.
3. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
(b) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(c) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
(d) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
4. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) The Balkan War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Armenian War.
(d) The Abyssinian War.
5. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Protestant and black.
(b) Jewish and Semitic.
(c) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(d) Catholic and Aryan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Klemperer's manuscript of The Eighteenth Century rejected?
2. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
3. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
4. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
5. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)