|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
(a) A visit from the Red Cross.
(b) The Olympics.
(c) The G-20 summit.
(d) A visit from President Roosevelt.
2. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Support annexation of.
(b) Become disenchanted with.
(c) Emigrate to.
(d) Establish diplomatic ties to.
3. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
(a) Nazi terminology.
(b) Nazi officials.
(c) Nazi hierarchy.
(d) Nazi beliefs.
4. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(b) They are indeed voluntary.
(c) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
(d) They are a de facto party membership fee.
5. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
2. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
3. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
4. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
5. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)