|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
2. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(c) Seventh-Day Adventists.
3. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
(b) The Saar region.
(d) The Transvaal region.
4. At what point during classes are professors expected to give the Nazi salute?
(a) At the beginning.
(b) While giving out homework.
(c) In the middle.
(d) At the end.
5. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(b) The United States.
(c) The Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
2. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
3. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
4. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
5. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)