|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
2. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
(b) The Saar region.
(d) The Transvaal region.
3. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) Romance literature and political science.
(b) Philology and history.
(c) History and Renaissance literature.
(d) Philology and romance literature.
4. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 60 and 50.
(b) 61 and 52.
(c) 50 and 60.
(d) 52 and 61.
5. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
(a) He can't make up his mind; he is paralyzed by fear.
(b) He emigrates immediately.
(c) He declines to emigrate.
(d) He decides to emigrate if the Nazis are still in control in 1936.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
2. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
3. What illness does Victor contract during 1935?
4. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
5. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)