|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Become disenchanted with.
(b) Establish diplomatic ties to.
(c) Support annexation of.
(d) Emigrate to.
2. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They want to join the Nazi party.
(b) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
(c) They accept them.
(d) They agree with them.
3. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) World War II.
(b) Franco-Prussian War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The German Revolution.
4. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
(b) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(c) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
(d) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
5. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
(a) It is filled by another Jew.
(b) It remains open but is not filled.
(c) It is not filled.
(d) It is filled by a non-Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
2. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
3. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
4. With which political ideology is the Klemperers' friend, Gusti Wieghardt, enamored?
5. Both Victor and Eva appear to be _____________ much of the time in the entries written in 1936.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)