|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) The German Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) Franco-Prussian War.
(d) World War I.
2. As anti-Jew laws become stricter, what is an example of the type of public facilities from which Jews are excluded in 1936?
(b) Grocery stores.
(c) Public reading rooms.
(d) Police offices.
3. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(b) Protestant and black.
(c) Jewish and Semitic.
(d) Catholic and Aryan.
4. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
(a) He returns to the lecture circuit.
(b) He receives a termination notice.
(c) He retires.
(d) He receives a promotion.
5. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
(c) Former acquaintances and allies of Hitler.
(d) Former acquaintances and allies of Heidelberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
2. The mass _____________ of Jews has had the effect of separating friends and relatives.
3. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
4. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
5. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)