|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
(a) The Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor.
(b) The Reich Citizenship Law.
(c) The Reich Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(d) The Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race.
2. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
(a) It is not filled.
(b) It is filled by a non-Jew.
(c) It remains open but is not filled.
(d) It is filled by another Jew.
3. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
(a) The days of the week.
(b) The names of the months.
(c) The regions of the country.
(d) The names of the cities and towns.
4. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) They become members of the Nazi party.
(b) Their political views.
(c) Their criticism of his political views.
(d) Their criticism of his driving skills.
5. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) A considerable sum of money.
(b) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(c) A year's supply of medicine.
(d) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
2. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
3. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
4. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
5. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)