|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1936'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The study.
(c) The garden.
(d) The living room.
2. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(b) The Soviet Union.
(c) The United States.
3. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
(b) Complete unavailability.
4. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three years.
5. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
(a) The collapse of a construction trench.
(b) The sinking of a passenger ferry.
(c) A multiple-car collision.
(d) The collapse of a billboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
2. When was Victor born?
3. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
4. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
5. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)