|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Protestant; Judaism.
(b) Catholic; Judaism.
(c) Jew; Protestantism.
(d) Jew; Catholicism.
2. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
3. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
4. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(a) Seventh-Day Adventists.
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
5. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
(a) His ability to remain in Germany.
(b) His ability to be considered a Protestant.
(c) His ability to keep his job.
(d) His theory of national characteristics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
2. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
3. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
4. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
5. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)