|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
(a) The defendant's.
(b) It is split between both parties.
(d) It isn't settled; it is thrown out of court.
2. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
(a) A valid national election.
(b) A workers' revolution.
(c) A rigged national election.
(d) A military coup.
3. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
(a) Dental work.
(b) A liver transplant.
(c) Open-heart surgery.
(d) In-patient mental care.
4. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
(b) Complete unavailability.
5. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
(b) A year's supply of medicine.
(c) A considerable sum of money.
(d) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
2. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
3. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
4. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
5. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)