|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
(a) He decides to emigrate if the Nazis are still in control in 1936.
(b) He can't make up his mind; he is paralyzed by fear.
(c) He declines to emigrate.
(d) He emigrates immediately.
2. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
3. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
4. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
(b) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(c) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(d) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
5. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Indoctrination classes.
(b) Work camps.
(c) Church attendance.
(d) Military service.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
2. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
3. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
4. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
5. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)