|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
(b) A vineyard is planted.
(c) A cellar is excavated.
(d) A fence is built.
2. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
(a) The Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor.
(b) The Reich Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(c) The Reich Citizenship Law.
(d) The Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race.
3. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) History and Renaissance literature.
(b) Philology and romance literature.
(c) Philology and history.
(d) Romance literature and political science.
4. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) They are indeed voluntary.
(b) They are a de facto party membership fee.
(c) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(d) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
5. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
(a) His ability to keep his job.
(b) His ability to be considered a Protestant.
(c) His theory of national characteristics.
(d) His ability to remain in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of marriages are prohibited?
2. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
3. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
4. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
5. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)