|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) A considerable sum of money.
(b) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(c) A year's supply of medicine.
(d) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
2. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
(a) The names of the months.
(b) The names of the cities and towns.
(c) The days of the week.
(d) The regions of the country.
3. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
(a) The Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(b) The Reich Citizenship Law.
(c) The Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor.
(d) The Reich Laws of Citizenship and Race.
4. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(a) The United States.
(b) The Soviet Union.
5. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
(b) The Führer.
(d) The Third Reich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
2. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
3. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
4. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
5. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)