|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
(c) Loss of employment.
2. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
(a) He decides to emigrate if the Nazis are still in control in 1936.
(b) He declines to emigrate.
(c) He can't make up his mind; he is paralyzed by fear.
(d) He emigrates immediately.
3. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
(a) The defendant's.
(c) It is split between both parties.
(d) It isn't settled; it is thrown out of court.
4. What does Klemperer's book <I>LTI</I> deal with?
(a) Nazi hierarchy.
(b) Nazi terminology.
(c) Nazi beliefs.
(d) Nazi officials.
5. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
(b) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(c) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(d) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
2. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
3. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
4. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
5. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)