|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
2. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(a) The Allies.
(b) The German national character.
3. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He deserted.
(b) He was dishonorably discharged.
(c) He was discharged for medical reasons.
(d) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
4. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) His employer.
(b) A fellow author.
(c) A student.
(d) A publisher.
5. What illness does Victor contract during 1935?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
2. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
3. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
4. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
5. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)