|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
2. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(b) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
(c) A year's supply of medicine.
(d) A considerable sum of money.
3. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A cellar is excavated.
(b) A fence is built.
(c) A vineyard is planted.
(d) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
4. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Military service.
(b) Work camps.
(c) Church attendance.
(d) Indoctrination classes.
5. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(b) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
(c) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
(d) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Eva born?
2. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
3. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
4. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
5. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)