|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
(b) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
(c) It does not accept European Jews.
(d) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
2. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
(a) The Röhm Revolt.
(b) The Anschluss.
(c) The Kristallnacht.
(d) The Shoah.
3. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
(b) The reporters who work for the media outlets.
(c) Nazi party officials.
(d) Members of the former German government.
4. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(b) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
(c) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(d) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
5. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
(a) His ability to remain in Germany.
(b) His ability to be considered a Protestant.
(c) His ability to keep his job.
(d) His theory of national characteristics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
2. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
3. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
4. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
5. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)