|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a tank.
(c) On the front lines.
(d) Behind a desk.
2. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(a) The Soviet Union.
(c) The United States.
3. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
4. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
5. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Support annexation of.
(b) Emigrate to.
(c) Become disenchanted with.
(d) Establish diplomatic ties to.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
2. When was Eva born?
3. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
4. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
5. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)