|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
(a) He comes into an inheritance.
(b) His brother Georg makes him a financial gift.
(c) He closes out a savings account.
(d) He secures a house loan.
2. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He deserted.
(b) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
(c) He was dishonorably discharged.
(d) He was discharged for medical reasons.
3. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
(b) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(c) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
(d) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
4. When was Eva born?
(a) July 13, 1881.
(b) October 9, 1881.
(c) October, 9, 1882.
(d) July 13, 1882.
5. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Protestant and black.
(b) Catholic and Aryan.
(c) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(d) Jewish and Semitic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
2. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
3. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
4. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
5. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)