|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(b) The German national character.
(d) The Allies.
2. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A fence is built.
(b) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
(c) A vineyard is planted.
(d) A cellar is excavated.
3. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They want to join the Nazi party.
(b) They agree with them.
(c) They accept them.
(d) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
4. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It does not accept European Jews.
(b) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(c) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
(d) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
5. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(b) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(c) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
(d) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Victor born?
2. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
3. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
4. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
5. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)