|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(b) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(c) Burglaries and murders.
(d) Riots and looting.
2. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(b) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
(c) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(d) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
3. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Support annexation of.
(b) Establish diplomatic ties to.
(c) Become disenchanted with.
(d) Emigrate to.
4. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) A publisher.
(b) His employer.
(c) A fellow author.
(d) A student.
5. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
(a) Former acquaintances and allies of Hitler.
(b) Former acquaintances and allies of Heidelberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
2. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
3. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
4. At what point during classes are professors expected to give the Nazi salute?
5. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)