|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
(a) A valid national election.
(b) A workers' revolution.
(c) A military coup.
(d) A rigged national election.
2. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(b) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
(c) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
(d) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
3. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Protestant; Judaism.
(b) Jew; Protestantism.
(c) Jew; Catholicism.
(d) Catholic; Judaism.
4. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
(b) It isn't settled; it is thrown out of court.
(c) The defendant's.
(d) It is split between both parties.
5. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
2. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
3. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
4. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
5. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)