|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
(b) Members of the former German government.
(c) Nazi party officials.
(d) The reporters who work for the media outlets.
2. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A cellar is excavated.
(b) A fence is built.
(c) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
(d) A vineyard is planted.
3. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(b) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
(c) They are a de facto party membership fee.
(d) They are indeed voluntary.
4. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) His employer.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A student.
(d) A fellow author.
5. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
(b) They want to join the Nazi party.
(c) They agree with them.
(d) They accept them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
2. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
3. At what point during classes are professors expected to give the Nazi salute?
4. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
5. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)