|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
2. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(b) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(c) Burglaries and murders.
(d) Riots and looting.
3. When was Eva born?
(a) October, 9, 1882.
(b) October 9, 1881.
(c) July 13, 1881.
(d) July 13, 1882.
4. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
(b) Anxiety and diabetes.
(d) Depression and hypochondria.
5. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
Short Answer Questions
1. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
2. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, <I>The Eighteenth Century</I>?
3. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
4. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
5. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)