|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
(b) The reporters who work for the media outlets.
(c) Members of the former German government.
(d) Nazi party officials.
2. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) World War I.
(b) Franco-Prussian War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The German Revolution.
3. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
4. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
5. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) They are indeed voluntary.
(b) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(c) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
(d) They are a de facto party membership fee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
2. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
3. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
4. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
5. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)