|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
2. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
(b) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
(c) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(d) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
3. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
(a) They support them.
(b) They are undecided.
(c) They are neutral.
(d) They are against them.
4. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(b) Burglaries and murders.
(c) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(d) Riots and looting.
5. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
2. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
3. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
4. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
5. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)