|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
(a) A military coup.
(b) A valid national election.
(c) A workers' revolution.
(d) A rigged national election.
2. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
(a) It is split between both parties.
(c) It isn't settled; it is thrown out of court.
(d) The defendant's.
3. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
(a) Behind a desk.
(b) In a tank.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) On the front lines.
4. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(c) The Allies.
(d) The German national character.
5. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) Philology and romance literature.
(b) History and Renaissance literature.
(c) Romance literature and political science.
(d) Philology and history.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
2. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
3. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
4. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
5. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)