|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) Romance literature and political science.
(b) Philology and history.
(c) History and Renaissance literature.
(d) Philology and romance literature.
2. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(b) Jewish and Semitic.
(c) Protestant and black.
(d) Catholic and Aryan.
3. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
(a) It is a review of eighteenth-century literature.
(b) It is a review of eighteenth-century politics.
(c) It is a review of eighteenth-century art.
(d) it is a review of eighteenth-century German history.
4. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
(a) They are undecided.
(b) They are against them.
(c) They support them.
(d) They are neutral.
5. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
(a) A liver transplant.
(b) Open-heart surgery.
(c) In-patient mental care.
(d) Dental work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
2. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
3. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
4. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
5. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)