|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Victor born?
(a) July 13, 1881.
(b) October 9, 1881.
(c) October 9, 1882.
(d) July 13, 1882.
2. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
(b) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(c) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
(d) His theory of German character is incorrect.
3. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
(a) He receives a termination notice.
(b) He returns to the lecture circuit.
(c) He retires.
(d) He receives a promotion.
4. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
(a) It is a review of eighteenth-century literature.
(b) It is a review of eighteenth-century art.
(c) it is a review of eighteenth-century German history.
(d) It is a review of eighteenth-century politics.
5. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
(a) The Shoah.
(b) The Kristallnacht.
(c) The Röhm Revolt.
(d) The Anschluss.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
2. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
3. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
4. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
5. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)