|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Emigrate to.
(b) Support annexation of.
(c) Become disenchanted with.
(d) Establish diplomatic ties to.
2. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
3. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
(a) Seek high interest home loans.
(b) Bribe the government to keep their positions.
(d) Change their identities.
4. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) His employer.
(b) A student.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A fellow author.
5. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) They are indeed voluntary.
(b) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(c) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
(d) They are a de facto party membership fee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
2. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
3. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
4. When was Victor born?
5. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)