|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
(a) Former acquaintances and allies of Hitler.
(c) Former acquaintances and allies of Heidelberg.
2. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
(a) Behind a desk.
(b) On the front lines.
(c) In a tank.
(d) In a hospital.
3. When was Victor born?
(a) October 9, 1881.
(b) July 13, 1881.
(c) October 9, 1882.
(d) July 13, 1882.
4. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) They are indeed voluntary.
(b) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(c) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
(d) They are a de facto party membership fee.
5. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
(a) In-patient mental care.
(b) Dental work.
(c) A liver transplant.
(d) Open-heart surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
2. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
3. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
4. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
5. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)