|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 60 and 50.
(b) 52 and 61.
(c) 50 and 60.
(d) 61 and 52.
2. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
(a) His brother Georg makes him a financial gift.
(b) He closes out a savings account.
(c) He comes into an inheritance.
(d) He secures a house loan.
3. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
4. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Jew; Protestantism.
(b) Protestant; Judaism.
(c) Jew; Catholicism.
(d) Catholic; Judaism.
5. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
2. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
3. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
4. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
5. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)