|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although all of the Klemperers are suffering from ill health and depression in 1940, what specifically happens to Grete?
(a) She falls and breaks her arm, which is soon very badly infected.
(b) She suffers a mental breakdown and has to be hospitalized.
(c) She switches from fits of hysteria and almost unconsiousness on a daily basis.
(d) She becomes so depressed she stops talking altogether.
2. What does Klemperer expect in the wake of the assassination attempt that does not seem to materialize?
(a) Additional anti-Jew laws.
(b) Immediate anti-Semitic reprisals.
(c) Deportation to concentration camps.
(d) Forced relocation to ghettos.
3. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
(a) The Transvaal region.
(d) The Saar region.
4. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
(a) Former acquaintances and allies of Hitler.
(d) Former acquaintances and allies of Heidelberg.
5. When Jews are prohibited by law, in 1941, from smoking tobacco, what does Klemperer smoke instead?
(a) Chicory leaves.
(b) Pine needles.
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) Oregano leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
2. During the winter of 1941, why is Klemperer forced to sell his automobile at a loss?
3. When Gusti Weighardt's son, Karl, visits the Klemperers in May 1941, how does Victor describe him?
4. What does Klemperer do with the papers he does not send for safekeeping?
5. One of Victor's entries makes note of the establishment of which automaker's factory?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)