|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
(a) The police chief.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The city manager.
(d) The sheriff.
2. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
(a) Victor serves as an amateur mechanic.
(b) The Klemperers' neighbor, who is a mechanic, does most of the work on their car.
(c) The Klemperers neglect all but the most major mechanical needs.
(d) Eva serves as an amateur mechanic.
3. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(b) They are a <I>de facto</I> party membership fee.
(c) They are a <I>de facto</I> mandatory tax.
(d) They are indeed voluntary.
4. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A student.
(c) His employer.
(d) A fellow author.
5. When was Eva born?
(a) October 9, 1881.
(b) October, 9, 1882.
(c) July 13, 1881.
(d) July 13, 1882.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Victor born?
2. In 1938, Germany annexes __________ in a non-violent political victory known today as the Anschluss.
3. In 1938, _____________ is partitioned and Germany claims a huge part of the country.
4. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
5. Why is Klemperer's manuscript of <I>The Eighteenth Century</I> rejected?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)