Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1934'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, <I>The Eighteenth Century</I>?
(a) it is a review of eighteenth-century German history.
(b) It is a review of eighteenth-century literature.
(c) It is a review of eighteenth-century politics.
(d) It is a review of eighteenth-century art.
2. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
3. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(b) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
(c) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
(d) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
4. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Riots and looting.
(b) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(c) Burglaries and murders.
(d) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
5. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
2. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
3. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
4. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
5. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)