|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1940, war _________ commonplace.
(a) Related viruses are.
(b) Talk is.
(c) Profiteering is.
(d) Crimes are.
2. One of Victor's entries makes note of the establishment of which automaker's factory?
(d) General Motors.
3. When the police search the Klemperers' home in November, what besides books is taken?
(a) Victor's automobile.
(b) Eva's jewelry.
(c) Victor's musket, which he carried in World War I.
(d) Victor's saber, which he carried in World War I.
4. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(a) Seventh-Day Adventists.
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
5. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
(b) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
(c) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
(d) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
2. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
3. By what name is the November 1938 pogrom conducted by the Nazis commonly referred to?
4. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
5. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)