|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(a) The Soviet Union.
(b) The United States.
2. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
(a) New Philadelphia.
3. What happens to Victor's sister, Grete, after she suffers a mental collapse and a heart attack?
(a) She is placed in a nursing home.
(b) She is placed in a sanatorium.
(c) She is sent to the hospital.
(d) She is sent to Buchenwald and put to death.
4. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He has nearly abandoned it.
(b) He has entirely abandoned it.
(c) He is seriously doubting it.
(d) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
5. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
(a) They are asked to resign.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They are offered buyout packages.
(d) They are fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1938, _____________ is partitioned and Germany claims a huge part of the country.
2. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
3. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
4. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
5. Jewish bank accounts are _____________ and ready cash is seized.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)