|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) A fellow author.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A student.
(d) His employer.
2. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
(a) A visit from President Roosevelt.
(b) The G-20 summit.
(c) The Olympics.
(d) A visit from the Red Cross.
3. In late 1937, Hjalmar Schacht retires as the minister of ____________.
4. Whom do the newspapers give the responsibility of breeding Nordic-blooded individuals to escape the taint of Jewry?
(a) The Gestapo.
(b) The SA.
(c) The Hitler Youth.
(d) The SS.
5. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A fence is built.
(b) A vineyard is planted.
(c) A cellar is excavated.
(d) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
2. When the police search the Klemperers' home in November, what besides books is taken?
3. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
4. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
5. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)