|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) History and Renaissance literature.
(b) Philology and history.
(c) Philology and romance literature.
(d) Romance literature and political science.
2. With which political ideology is the Klemperers' friend, Gusti Wieghardt, enamored?
3. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(b) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(c) Burglaries and murders.
(d) Riots and looting.
4. When was Eva born?
(a) October, 9, 1882.
(b) July 13, 1881.
(c) July 13, 1882.
(d) October 9, 1881.
5. Most of the Jews in the ghetto consider an amphibious landing in England:
(a) Absolutely possible.
(b) A huge risk, but worth the attempt.
(c) Completely impossible.
(d) The only way to end the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
2. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
3. Jewish bank accounts are _____________ and ready cash is seized.
4. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
5. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)