|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Klemperer applies to the American Consulate in Berlin, what number is he given when he is assigned to the immigrant waiting list?
2. Which of the following countries is NOT one of those the Nazis first occupy in 1940?
3. In 1939, what is issued to the Jews?
(a) Special 'Jew' armbands.
(b) Rationing cards.
(c) Special 'Jew' identity cards.
(d) The dates on which they must move to the nearest ghetto.
4. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He has nearly abandoned it.
(b) He is seriously doubting it.
(c) He has entirely abandoned it.
(d) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
5. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Old age.
(c) A stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
2. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
3. What does Klemperer call the building in which their apartment is located?
4. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
5. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)