|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(b) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(c) Riots and looting.
(d) Burglaries and murders.
2. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
3. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
(b) To develop an atomic weapon.
(c) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
(d) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
4. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
(a) A 1936 Volkswagen.
(b) A 1932 Opel.
(c) A 1934 Volvo.
(d) A 1932 Ford.
5. What does Klemperer expect in the wake of the assassination attempt that does not seem to materialize?
(a) Deportation to concentration camps.
(b) Forced relocation to ghettos.
(c) Additional anti-Jew laws.
(d) Immediate anti-Semitic reprisals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
2. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
3. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
4. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
5. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)