|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the police search the Klemperers' home in November, what besides books is taken?
(a) Eva's jewelry.
(b) Victor's automobile.
(c) Victor's saber, which he carried in World War I.
(d) Victor's musket, which he carried in World War I.
2. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(b) To discuss escape plans.
(c) To see relatives.
(d) To search for retail items.
3. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
(b) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
(c) To develop an atomic weapon.
(d) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
4. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
5. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Jewish and Semitic.
(b) Protestant and black.
(c) Catholic and Aryan.
(d) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
2. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
3. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
4. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
5. In his entries of 1939, Victor Klemperer spends some time pondering the relationship between Jews and:
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)