|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(b) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
(c) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
(d) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
2. In October 1938, when Victor becomes ill, why can't he obtain medical attention?
(a) Because he has no money.
(b) Because he is in a mixed-race marriage.
(c) Because he is a Jew.
(d) Because he has no insurance.
3. Which major World War II battle begins in 1940?
(a) The Battle of Britain.
(b) The invasion of Normandy.
(c) The Battle of Leyte Gulf.
(d) The Battle of Midway.
4. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Church attendance.
(b) Work camps.
(c) Indoctrination classes.
(d) Military service.
5. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
2. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
3. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
4. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
5. What happens to Victor's sister, Grete, after she suffers a mental collapse and a heart attack?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)