|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
(a) Nazi terminology.
(b) Nazi hierarchy.
(c) Nazi officials.
(d) Nazi beliefs.
2. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
(a) Eva's anxiety.
(b) Eva's teeth.
(c) His eyesight.
(d) His heart condition.
3. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
4. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) They are indeed voluntary.
(b) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
(c) They are a de facto party membership fee.
(d) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
5. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which concentration camp does Victor report hearing rumors of?
2. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
3. When Hitler visits Italy in 1938, it becomes evident that he is Mussolini's ____________.
4. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
5. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)