|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In October 1938, when Victor becomes ill, why can't he obtain medical attention?
(a) Because he has no money.
(b) Because he is in a mixed-race marriage.
(c) Because he has no insurance.
(d) Because he is a Jew.
2. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
3. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
(a) It is split between both parties.
(b) The defendant's.
(c) It isn't settled; it is thrown out of court.
4. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(b) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
(c) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(d) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
5. In which city does Klemperer note that Jews are rumored to have been forcibly relocated to ghettos?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
2. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
3. Which war begins in August 1936?
4. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
5. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)