|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
2. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) They become members of the Nazi party.
(b) Their political views.
(c) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(d) Their criticism of his political views.
3. Klemperer notes with surprise that many troops are being sent to:
(a) The south.
(b) The east.
(c) The west.
4. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 60 and 50.
(b) 61 and 52.
(c) 50 and 60.
(d) 52 and 61.
5. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He is seriously doubting it.
(b) He has entirely abandoned it.
(c) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
(d) He has nearly abandoned it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1939, what is issued to the Jews?
2. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
3. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
4. In December 1940, what are Jews ordered to begin wearing?
5. For most of 1937, Klemperer finds himself believing that most Germans have always been somewhat ____________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)