|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
2. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
(a) Bribe the government to keep their positions.
(b) Seek high interest home loans.
(c) Change their identities.
3. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
(a) The Third Reich.
(b) The Führer.
4. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) Their criticism of his political views.
(b) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(c) Their political views.
(d) They become members of the Nazi party.
5. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
2. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
3. Which of Victor's relatives dies in October 1937?
4. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
5. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)