|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
2. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
3. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
(a) Giving up coffee.
(b) Stopping smoking.
(c) Stopping drinking.
(d) Cancelling his newspaper subscription.
4. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A vineyard is planted.
(b) A fence is built.
(c) A cellar is excavated.
(d) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
5. One of Victor's entries makes note of the establishment of which automaker's factory?
(a) General Motors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In October 1938, when Victor becomes ill, why can't he obtain medical attention?
2. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
3. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
4. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
5. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)