|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dominates much of Victor's diary entries for 1939?
(a) War with England.
(b) War with Poland.
(c) War with France.
(d) War with Russia.
2. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
(b) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
(c) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
(d) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
3. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
(c) Former acquaintances and allies of Hitler.
(d) Former acquaintances and allies of Heidelberg.
4. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
(a) Eva's anxiety.
(b) His heart condition.
(c) His eyesight.
(d) Eva's teeth.
5. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
(a) The North Sea.
(b) The Baltic Sea.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Aegean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Victor contract during 1935?
2. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
3. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
4. In 1938, _____________ is partitioned and Germany claims a huge part of the country.
5. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)