|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
(a) it is a review of eighteenth-century German history.
(b) It is a review of eighteenth-century politics.
(c) It is a review of eighteenth-century literature.
(d) It is a review of eighteenth-century art.
2. What does nearly every Jew remaining in Germany, including the Klemperers, try to do in response to the rumors of ghettos?
(b) Kill themselves.
(c) Join the resistance.
(d) Hide in neighbors' attics and basements.
3. How many times does Georg send the Klemperers money in 1938?
4. When was Victor born?
(a) July 13, 1882.
(b) July 13, 1881.
(c) October 9, 1882.
(d) October 9, 1881.
5. By what name is the November 1938 pogrom conducted by the Nazis commonly referred to?
(a) The Catastrophe.
(c) The Shoah.
(d) The Night of the Long Knives.
Short Answer Questions
1. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
2. Credible rumors circulate that Jews in occupied __________ are treated very severely.
3. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
4. The Nazis call the invasion of which country off?
5. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)