|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
(a) The Anschluss.
(b) The Shoah.
(c) The Kristallnacht.
(d) The Röhm Revolt.
2. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
(a) Nazi party officials.
(b) Members of the former German government.
(c) The reporters who work for the media outlets.
3. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
4. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(b) The United States.
(c) The Soviet Union.
5. What city does Gusti Weighardt write the Klemperers she is moving to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Klemperer speculate and report rumor and innuendo instead of actual news?
2. In October 1938, when Victor becomes ill, why can't he obtain medical attention?
3. What does Klemperer expect in the wake of the assassination attempt that does not seem to materialize?
4. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
5. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)