|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
(a) France and Italy.
(b) Italy and Switzerland.
(c) England and France.
(d) Albania and Turkey.
2. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) The German Revolution.
(b) Franco-Prussian War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
3. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
(a) The Aegean.
(b) The Baltic Sea.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The North Sea.
4. In 1938, Germany annexes __________ in a non-violent political victory known today as the Anschluss.
(a) The Sudetenland.
5. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(a) The German national character.
(c) The Allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
2. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
3. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
4. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
5. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)