|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
(a) Behind a desk.
(b) In a tank.
(c) On the front lines.
(d) In a hospital.
2. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Riots and looting.
(b) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(c) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(d) Burglaries and murders.
3. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) Romance literature and political science.
(b) Philology and history.
(c) Philology and romance literature.
(d) History and Renaissance literature.
4. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
(b) <I>The Eighteenth Century</I>.
(d) <I>I Shall Bear Witness</I>.
5. In which city does Klemperer note that Jews are rumored to have been forcibly relocated to ghettos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Victor's sister, Grete, after she suffers a mental collapse and a heart attack?
2. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
3. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
4. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
5. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)