|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1940'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
(a) Italy and Switzerland.
(b) France and Italy.
(c) Albania and Turkey.
(d) England and France.
2. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
3. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
(a) In the United States.
(b) On underground printing presses.
(c) By hand.
(d) At printing companies in neutral countries.
4. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
5. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They accept them.
(b) They want to join the Nazi party.
(c) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
(d) They agree with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
2. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
3. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
4. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
5. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)