|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
2. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
(a) He closes out a savings account.
(b) He comes into an inheritance.
(c) His brother Georg makes him a financial gift.
(d) He secures a house loan.
3. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Jew; Protestantism.
(b) Protestant; Judaism.
(c) Catholic; Judaism.
(d) Jew; Catholicism.
4. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) The German Revolution.
(b) Franco-Prussian War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
5. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
(b) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
(c) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(d) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
2. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
3. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
4. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
5. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)