|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
(a) A military coup.
(b) A workers' revolution.
(c) A valid national election.
(d) A rigged national election.
2. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
(a) She is infirm and sickly on a nearly daily basis.
(b) She is generally healthy but occasionally falls ill.
(c) She is very healthy and never gets sick.
(d) She is confined to a wheelchair.
3. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
(a) The Third Reich.
(d) The Führer.
4. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
(a) They are neutral.
(b) They are against them.
(c) They support them.
(d) They are undecided.
5. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
(a) The garden.
(b) The study.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
2. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
3. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
4. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
5. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)