|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Catholic; Judaism.
(b) Jew; Catholicism.
(c) Jew; Protestantism.
(d) Protestant; Judaism.
2. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
(a) It is split between both parties.
(b) It isn't settled; it is thrown out of court.
(d) The defendant's.
3. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) A considerable sum of money.
(b) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(c) A year's supply of medicine.
(d) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
4. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
(a) The reporters who work for the media outlets.
(b) Members of the former German government.
(c) Nazi party officials.
5. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
(a) The names of the months.
(b) The regions of the country.
(c) The names of the cities and towns.
(d) The days of the week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
2. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
3. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
4. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
5. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)