|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He was dishonorably discharged.
(b) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
(c) He deserted.
(d) He was discharged for medical reasons.
2. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
(c) Complete unavailability.
3. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
(a) One-third retirement pay.
(b) Full retirement pay.
(c) Half retirement pay.
4. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) A student.
(b) A fellow author.
(c) A publisher.
(d) His employer.
5. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a veteran of World War I.
(b) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
(c) He is a convert to Christianity.
(d) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
2. At what point during classes are professors expected to give the Nazi salute?
3. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
4. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
5. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)