|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(a) The Soviet Union.
(d) The United States.
2. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
(b) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
(c) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
(d) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
3. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
4. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A cellar is excavated.
(b) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
(c) A fence is built.
(d) A vineyard is planted.
5. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Jew; Protestantism.
(b) Jew; Catholicism.
(c) Protestant; Judaism.
(d) Catholic; Judaism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
2. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
3. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
4. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
5. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)