|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) World War II.
(b) Franco-Prussian War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The German Revolution.
2. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
(b) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
(c) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
(d) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
3. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
(a) They support them.
(b) They are neutral.
(c) They are against them.
(d) They are undecided.
4. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
5. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
(b) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(c) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(d) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
2. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
3. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
4. What type of marriages are prohibited?
5. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)