|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
(b) Complete unavailability.
2. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
(a) The garden.
(b) The study.
(c) The living room.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
(a) She is confined to a wheelchair.
(b) She is very healthy and never gets sick.
(c) She is infirm and sickly on a nearly daily basis.
(d) She is generally healthy but occasionally falls ill.
4. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Emigrate to.
(b) Establish diplomatic ties to.
(c) Become disenchanted with.
(d) Support annexation of.
5. When was Eva born?
(a) July 13, 1882.
(b) July 13, 1881.
(c) October 9, 1881.
(d) October, 9, 1882.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
2. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
3. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
4. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
5. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)