|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
(a) He comes into an inheritance.
(b) His brother Georg makes him a financial gift.
(c) He secures a house loan.
(d) He closes out a savings account.
2. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
3. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
4. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
5. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The study.
(c) The garden.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
2. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
3. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
4. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
5. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)