|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
(a) The sinking of a passenger ferry.
(b) The collapse of a construction trench.
(c) A multiple-car collision.
(d) The collapse of a billboard.
2. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Burglaries and murders.
(b) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(c) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(d) Riots and looting.
3. What does Klemperer's book <I>LTI</I> deal with?
(a) Nazi hierarchy.
(b) Nazi terminology.
(c) Nazi beliefs.
(d) Nazi officials.
4. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
(b) He deserted.
(c) He was discharged for medical reasons.
(d) He was dishonorably discharged.
5. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He is seriously doubting it.
(b) He has nearly abandoned it.
(c) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
(d) He has entirely abandoned it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
2. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
3. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
4. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
5. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)