|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1935'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) Franco-Prussian War.
(b) The German Revolution.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
2. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) His employer.
(b) A fellow author.
(c) A student.
(d) A publisher.
3. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
(a) Nazi party officials.
(b) The reporters who work for the media outlets.
(d) Members of the former German government.
4. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Support annexation of.
(b) Establish diplomatic ties to.
(c) Become disenchanted with.
(d) Emigrate to.
5. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(b) The United States.
(d) The Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
2. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
3. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
4. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
5. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)