|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
(b) It does not accept European Jews.
(c) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(d) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
2. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(b) The United States.
(d) The Soviet Union.
3. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
(b) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
(c) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
(d) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
4. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
(a) Nazi officials.
(b) Nazi hierarchy.
(c) Nazi terminology.
(d) Nazi beliefs.
5. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
2. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
3. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
4. When was Victor born?
5. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)