|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer's book <I>LTI</I> deal with?
(a) Nazi hierarchy.
(b) Nazi terminology.
(c) Nazi beliefs.
(d) Nazi officials.
2. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
(a) Stopping drinking.
(b) Cancelling his newspaper subscription.
(c) Giving up coffee.
(d) Stopping smoking.
3. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(b) They become members of the Nazi party.
(c) Their political views.
(d) Their criticism of his political views.
4. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
(a) He retires.
(b) He returns to the lecture circuit.
(c) He receives a promotion.
(d) He receives a termination notice.
5. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
(b) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
(c) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
(d) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
2. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
3. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
4. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
5. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)