|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
(a) They are neutral.
(b) They are against them.
(c) They support them.
(d) They are undecided.
2. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A fellow author.
(c) A student.
(d) His employer.
3. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
(a) Propagandistic slogans used as fortunes in fortune cookies.
(b) Propagandistic slogans used as postmarks.
(c) Mein Kampf replacing Bibles in churches and synagogues.
(d) The production of coloring books that indoctrinate children.
4. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They agree with them.
(b) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
(c) They want to join the Nazi party.
(d) They accept them.
5. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
(d) Loss of employment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
2. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
3. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
4. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
5. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)