|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(b) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
(c) They are indeed voluntary.
(d) They are a de facto party membership fee.
2. In late 1937, Hjalmar Schacht retires as the minister of ____________.
3. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
(b) He has nearly abandoned it.
(c) He has entirely abandoned it.
(d) He is seriously doubting it.
4. For most of 1937, Klemperer finds himself believing that most Germans have always been somewhat ____________.
5. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(a) To see relatives.
(b) To discuss escape plans.
(d) To search for retail items.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
2. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
3. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
4. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
5. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)