|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
(a) A military coup.
(b) A workers' revolution.
(c) A rigged national election.
(d) A valid national election.
2. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
3. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
(a) He emigrates immediately.
(b) He declines to emigrate.
(c) He decides to emigrate if the Nazis are still in control in 1936.
(d) He can't make up his mind; he is paralyzed by fear.
4. Klemperer finds the costs of maintaining the car to be extremely ______________.
5. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
(a) Cancelling his newspaper subscription.
(b) Stopping drinking.
(c) Stopping smoking.
(d) Giving up coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
2. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
3. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
4. As anti-Jew laws become stricter, what is an example of the type of public facilities from which Jews are excluded in 1936?
5. The mass _____________ of Jews has had the effect of separating friends and relatives.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)