|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
(a) Stopping drinking.
(b) Giving up coffee.
(c) Stopping smoking.
(d) Cancelling his newspaper subscription.
2. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 60 and 50.
(b) 61 and 52.
(c) 52 and 61.
(d) 50 and 60.
3. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
(a) A 1932 Ford.
(b) A 1934 Volvo.
(c) A 1932 Opel.
(d) A 1936 Volkswagen.
4. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) One month.
5. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(b) Protestant and black.
(c) Jewish and Semitic.
(d) Catholic and Aryan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
2. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
3. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
4. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
5. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)