|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
(b) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
(c) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
(d) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
2. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
(a) One-third retirement pay.
(b) Half retirement pay.
(c) Full retirement pay.
3. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
(a) The Baltic Sea.
(b) The North Sea.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Aegean.
4. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
(a) I Shall Bear Witness.
(b) The Eighteenth Century.
5. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
(a) The Klemperers' neighbor, who is a mechanic, does most of the work on their car.
(b) Victor serves as an amateur mechanic.
(c) Eva serves as an amateur mechanic.
(d) The Klemperers neglect all but the most major mechanical needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
2. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
3. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
4. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
5. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)