|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
(a) The Reich Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(b) The Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor.
(c) The Reich Citizenship Law.
(d) The Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race.
2. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He has nearly abandoned it.
(b) He is seriously doubting it.
(c) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
(d) He has entirely abandoned it.
3. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
(a) A visit from the Red Cross.
(b) The G-20 summit.
(c) The Olympics.
(d) A visit from President Roosevelt.
4. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
5. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 61 and 52.
(b) 52 and 61.
(c) 60 and 50.
(d) 50 and 60.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
2. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
3. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
4. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
5. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)