|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
2. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
(a) The Reich Citizenship Law.
(b) The Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor.
(c) The Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(d) The Reich Laws of Citizenship and Race.
3. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(b) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
(c) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
(d) His theory of German character is incorrect.
4. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
(a) Members of the former German government.
(b) The reporters who work for the media outlets.
(c) Nazi party officials.
5. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
(a) It is not filled.
(b) It remains open but is not filled.
(c) It is filled by another Jew.
(d) It is filled by a non-Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
2. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
3. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
4. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
5. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)