|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As anti-Jew laws become stricter, what is an example of the type of public facilities from which Jews are excluded in 1936?
(a) Grocery stores.
(b) Police offices.
(c) Public reading rooms.
2. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
(a) Loss of employment.
3. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) Franco-Prussian War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The German Revolution.
(d) World War II.
4. At what point during classes are professors expected to give the Nazi salute?
(a) While giving out homework.
(b) In the middle.
(c) At the end.
(d) At the beginning.
5. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
(a) He comes into an inheritance.
(b) His brother Georg makes him a financial gift.
(c) He closes out a savings account.
(d) He secures a house loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
2. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
3. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
4. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
5. In late 1937, Hjalmar Schacht retires as the minister of ____________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)