|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
(b) He deserted.
(c) He was discharged for medical reasons.
(d) He was dishonorably discharged.
2. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The city manager.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The police chief.
3. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
4. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
5. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) Philology and romance literature.
(b) Romance literature and political science.
(c) History and Renaissance literature.
(d) Philology and history.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
2. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
3. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
4. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
5. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)