|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) One month.
(d) Three months.
2. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
3. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
4. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
(a) The sinking of the Bismarck.
(b) The crashing of the Hindenburg.
(c) The Black Famine.
(d) The natural gas explosion in New London, Texas.
5. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It does not accept European Jews.
(b) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(c) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
(d) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
2. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
3. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
4. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
5. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)