|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
2. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
(a) The collapse of a construction trench.
(b) The collapse of a billboard.
(c) The sinking of a passenger ferry.
(d) A multiple-car collision.
3. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Three years.
4. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
5. When was Victor born?
(a) October 9, 1882.
(b) July 13, 1882.
(c) October 9, 1881.
(d) July 13, 1881.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
2. What illness does Victor contract during 1935?
3. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
4. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
5. With which political ideology is the Klemperers' friend, Gusti Wieghardt, enamored?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)