|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
2. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
3. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
(a) The collapse of a billboard.
(b) A multiple-car collision.
(c) The collapse of a construction trench.
(d) The sinking of a passenger ferry.
4. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
(a) The production of coloring books that indoctrinate children.
(b) Propagandistic slogans used as postmarks.
(c) Mein Kampf replacing Bibles in churches and synagogues.
(d) Propagandistic slogans used as fortunes in fortune cookies.
5. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They agree with them.
(b) They accept them.
(c) They want to join the Nazi party.
(d) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
2. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
3. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
4. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
5. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)