|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
(a) it is a review of eighteenth-century German history.
(b) It is a review of eighteenth-century literature.
(c) It is a review of eighteenth-century art.
(d) It is a review of eighteenth-century politics.
2. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 50 and 60.
(b) 61 and 52.
(c) 60 and 50.
(d) 52 and 61.
3. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a convert to Christianity.
(b) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
(c) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
(d) He is a veteran of World War I.
4. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
(b) The Führer.
(d) The Third Reich.
5. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
Short Answer Questions
1. With which political ideology is the Klemperers' friend, Gusti Wieghardt, enamored?
2. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
3. As anti-Jew laws become stricter, what is an example of the type of public facilities from which Jews are excluded in 1936?
4. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
5. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)