|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
2. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(b) To see relatives.
(c) To search for retail items.
(d) To discuss escape plans.
3. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He was discharged for medical reasons.
(b) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
(c) He was dishonorably discharged.
(d) He deserted.
4. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
5. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
(a) Victor serves as an amateur mechanic.
(b) Eva serves as an amateur mechanic.
(c) The Klemperers' neighbor, who is a mechanic, does most of the work on their car.
(d) The Klemperers neglect all but the most major mechanical needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
2. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
3. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
4. In what month does Klemperer receive his driving permit?
5. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)