|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
2. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They accept them.
(b) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
(c) They want to join the Nazi party.
(d) They agree with them.
3. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 50 and 60.
(b) 52 and 61.
(c) 61 and 52.
(d) 60 and 50.
4. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
(a) it is a review of eighteenth-century German history.
(b) It is a review of eighteenth-century art.
(c) It is a review of eighteenth-century politics.
(d) It is a review of eighteenth-century literature.
5. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The city manager.
(d) The police chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Klemperer's manuscript of The Eighteenth Century rejected?
2. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
3. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
4. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
5. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)