|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
(a) The Eighteenth Century.
(b) I Shall Bear Witness.
2. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
(b) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
(c) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
(d) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
3. Klemperer finds the costs of maintaining the car to be extremely ______________.
4. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Jew; Protestantism.
(b) Jew; Catholicism.
(c) Catholic; Judaism.
(d) Protestant; Judaism.
5. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(b) To discuss escape plans.
(c) To see relatives.
(d) To search for retail items.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
2. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
3. At what point during classes are professors expected to give the Nazi salute?
4. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
5. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)