Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1937'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(a) To see relatives.
(b) To search for retail items.
(d) To discuss escape plans.
2. The mass _____________ of Jews has had the effect of separating friends and relatives.
3. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They agree with them.
(b) They want to join the Nazi party.
(c) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
(d) They accept them.
4. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
(b) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(c) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
(d) It does not accept European Jews.
5. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
(a) <I>The Eighteenth Century</I>.
(c) <I>I Shall Bear Witness</I>.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
2. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
3. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
4. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
5. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)