|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do the newspapers give the responsibility of breeding Nordic-blooded individuals to escape the taint of Jewry?
(a) The Hitler Youth.
(b) The SS.
(c) The SA.
(d) The Gestapo.
2. What makes food and commercial items increasingly difficult to obtain as 1939 progresses?
(a) The Swedish embargo.
(b) The English blockade.
(c) The Russian embargo.
(d) The American blockade.
3. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A transcription machine.
(c) A telegraph.
(d) A mimeograph machine.
4. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The garden.
(d) The study.
5. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
Short Answer Questions
1. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
2. Jewish bank accounts are _____________ and ready cash is seized.
3. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
4. In November 1939, an unsuccessful attempt is made to assassinate:
5. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)