|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the money Isaac has provided to Prince John to be used for?
2. In what way does Rebecca realize she is being insensible in Chapter 29?
3. What does the message Rebecca was given in Chapter 37 instruct her to do?
4. Who does Front-de-Boeuf tell Cedric to deliver something to?
5. What sign does Urfried say the invaders should look for before attacking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ivanhoe come to be with Isaac and Rebecca?
2. What confessions do the Black Knight and Robin of Locksley make in Chapter 40?
3. What does Ulrica say to Front-de-Boeuf as he lays dying?
4. What happens when the Black Knight and Wamba are traveling through the forest in Chapter 40?
5. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
6. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
7. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he escapes?
8. What are Bois-Guilbert's aspirations, and what does he offer Rebecca in exchange for marrying him?
9. What does Urfried tell Cedric about her past?
10. In Chapter 38, what does Rebecca ask her father to do in her letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone of "Ivanhoe." How does Scott convey the tone of the novel? How does the tone of the novel connect to the themes and motifs of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ivanhoe." What genre is this novel? What are the elements of this genre? Why is "Ivanhoe" an example of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Normans and the Saxons and the sub-plot surrounding these groups. Who were these groups? Why were they fighting? Are they portrayed accurately? How does their feud affect the storyline?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)