|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bois-Guilbert want to flee with Rebecca in Chapter 39?
2. What did Urfried set about doing after being imprisoned by the Front-de-Boeufs?
3. Who sends a letter of warning to De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf?
4. What time does Bois-Guilbert say the prisoners will be killed by?
5. What does Athelstane offer to do in Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the protagonist of the novel, Ivanhoe. What are his defining character traits? What are his motives and how does he go about achieving his goals? Why is he fighting with his father? Why might Scott have chosen to have the protagonist of the novel be injured throughout much of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character Locksley. What is his role in the novel? How has Scott's depiction of this character shaped the modern-day character of Robin Hood?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of disguise. Who wears a disguise in the novel and why? Who chooses not to disguise himself and how does it affect his life? How does Scott depict the revealing of these characters?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)