|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca realize as she is nursing Ivanhoe?
2. After revealing his identity in Chapter 42, what does King Richard request of Cedric?
3. Who makes apologies to King Richard in Chapter 40?
4. Where does De Bracy decide to relocate to in Chapter 34?
5. What does Ivanhoe tell King Richard is threatening his kingdom in Chapter 41?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the female leads of the story, Lady Rowena and Rebecca, as well as their relationships with Ivanhoe.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character Locksley. What is his role in the novel? How has Scott's depiction of this character shaped the modern-day character of Robin Hood?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the historical inaccuracies in the novel "Ivanhoe." Were these inaccuracies deliberate? If so, why might Scott have chosen to depict the story in a way that is not historically accurate?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)