|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Athelstane's mother?
2. Where does De Bracy decide to relocate to in Chapter 34?
3. What do the men eat in the forest in Chapter 41?
4. What does the priest suggest to help Cedric escape?
5. Who was Urfried's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
2. What role does the Black Knight play in the Battle at Torquilstone?
3. How does Robin of Locksley distribute the spoils of the battle?
4. What happens when the Black Knight and Wamba are traveling through the forest in Chapter 40?
5. At Athelstane's castle, what are the twenty women in an apartment doing?
6. How did Ivanhoe come to be with Isaac and Rebecca?
7. What does Rebecca realize as she spends time with Ivanhoe?
8. In Chapter 38, what does Rebecca ask her father to do in her letter?
9. What ruse does Robin Hood create for the sake of King Richard's safety in Chapter 41?
10. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight in Chapter 32?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of disguise. Who wears a disguise in the novel and why? Who chooses not to disguise himself and how does it affect his life? How does Scott depict the revealing of these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ivanhoe." What genre is this novel? What are the elements of this genre? Why is "Ivanhoe" an example of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the real historical figures of the novel. Who are the historical figures depicted in the novel? Has Scott portrayed them as they are remembered in history? Why or why not?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)