|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Athelstane's mother?
2. What does Rebecca do before Bois-Guilbert leaves her in Chapter 39?
3. Who sends a letter of warning to De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf?
4. What is the money Isaac has provided to Prince John to be used for?
5. What does Athelstane offer to do in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he escapes?
2. Who is sent to Torquilstone posing as a priest, and what does he do to help Cedric escape?
3. What advice does Nathan offer Isaac in Chapter 35?
4. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
5. What role does the Black Knight play in the Battle at Torquilstone?
6. What ruse does Robin Hood create for the sake of King Richard's safety in Chapter 41?
7. What does Bois-Guilbert claim was his plan to save Rebecca? What ruins his plan?
8. What happens when the Black Knight and Wamba are traveling through the forest in Chapter 40?
9. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
10. What are Bois-Guilbert's aspirations, and what does he offer Rebecca in exchange for marrying him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character Locksley. What is his role in the novel? How has Scott's depiction of this character shaped the modern-day character of Robin Hood?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of anti-semitism in "Ivanhoe." What are some examples of antisemitism in the novel? Is this an accurate portrayal of how Jewish people were regarded at this time?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters Prince John and King Richard.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)