|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As expressed in Chapter 29, what does Rebecca see no value in?
2. How far away is Isaac from Templestowe Castle in Chapter 38?
3. Who is Robin Hood's lieutenant?
4. What does Robin of Locksley fake in Chapter 41?
5. Who makes apologies to King Richard in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
2. Who is Urfried? What does she explain to Rebecca?
3. What does Urfried tell Cedric about her past?
4. In Chapter 38, what does Rebecca ask her father to do in her letter?
5. What does Bois-Guilbert claim was his plan to save Rebecca? What ruins his plan?
6. How does Robin of Locksley distribute the spoils of the battle?
7. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
8. What role does the Black Knight play in the Battle at Torquilstone?
9. What does Rebecca realize as she spends time with Ivanhoe?
10. What does Bois-Guilbert say which greatly upsets Rebecca in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the female leads of the story, Lady Rowena and Rebecca, as well as their relationships with Ivanhoe.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflicts in "Ivanhoe." What causes them and how are they resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author, Sir Walter Scott, and his canon. What genre does he usually write in? What similarities can be made between "Ivanhoe" and Scott's other work?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)