|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca do before Bois-Guilbert leaves her in Chapter 39?
2. In Chapter 30, who wants to release the prisoners?
3. What does the Black Knight intend to attend in Chapter 40?
4. Who is Higg?
5. What do two Christian healers examine in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Urfried tell Cedric about her past?
2. Who is Urfried? What does she explain to Rebecca?
3. What proclamation does Friar Tuck make about Isaac?
4. In her trial, what does Rebecca do when she is given time to argue her defense?
5. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
6. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
7. What does Ulrica say to Front-de-Boeuf as he lays dying?
8. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
9. How did Ivanhoe come to be with Isaac and Rebecca?
10. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Scott's use of irony in the novel "Ivanhoe." What are some examples of irony in the novel? How do these examples affect the tone and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflicts in "Ivanhoe." What causes them and how are they resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the female leads of the story, Lady Rowena and Rebecca, as well as their relationships with Ivanhoe.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)