Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he leaves?
2. Who Is Conrad Mont-Fitchet?
3. What sign does Urfried say the invaders should look for before attacking?
4. Who leads the attack on the Black Knight in Chapter 40?
5. What do the invaders build during the battle?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the antagonist(s) of the story. Who are they? Who is the central antagonist of the story? Who are the antagonists of the sub-plot? How do these characters shape the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of anti-semitism in "Ivanhoe." What are some examples of antisemitism in the novel? Is this an accurate portrayal of how Jewish people were regarded at this time?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Scott's use of irony in the novel "Ivanhoe." What are some examples of irony in the novel? How do these examples affect the tone and plot of the novel?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)