|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin of Locksley fake in Chapter 41?
2. How far away is Isaac from Templestowe Castle in Chapter 38?
3. Where does Bois-Guilbert want to flee with Rebecca in Chapter 39?
4. What is Urfried's real name?
5. What does Bois-Guilbert aspire to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 38, what does Rebecca ask her father to do in her letter?
2. What advice does Nathan offer Isaac in Chapter 35?
3. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
4. How does Robin of Locksley distribute the spoils of the battle?
5. How is the scene outside Athelstane's castle described in Chapter 41?
6. What proclamation does Friar Tuck make about Isaac?
7. What happens when the Black Knight and Wamba are traveling through the forest in Chapter 40?
8. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight in Chapter 32?
9. What ruse does Robin Hood create for the sake of King Richard's safety in Chapter 41?
10. Who is sent to Torquilstone posing as a priest, and what does he do to help Cedric escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the historical inaccuracies in the novel "Ivanhoe." Were these inaccuracies deliberate? If so, why might Scott have chosen to depict the story in a way that is not historically accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the hero archetype. What characteristics are associated with the hero archetype? Why is Ivanhoe an example of a hero? Are there other examples of the hero archetype in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of disguise. Who wears a disguise in the novel and why? Who chooses not to disguise himself and how does it affect his life? How does Scott depict the revealing of these characters?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)