|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca do before Bois-Guilbert leaves her in Chapter 39?
2. What does Friar Tuck proclaim about Isaac?
3. Who kidnaps Rebecca in the middle of the battle?
4. Who falsifies evidence against Rebecca in Chapter 37?
5. Who is given Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx as a prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bois-Guilbert claim was his plan to save Rebecca? What ruins his plan?
2. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
3. How did Ivanhoe come to be with Isaac and Rebecca?
4. In Chapter 38, what does Rebecca ask her father to do in her letter?
5. What does Rebecca realize as she spends time with Ivanhoe?
6. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
7. What proclamation does Friar Tuck make about Isaac?
8. How is the scene outside Athelstane's castle described in Chapter 41?
9. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
10. What confessions do the Black Knight and Robin of Locksley make in Chapter 40?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author, Sir Walter Scott, and his canon. What genre does he usually write in? What similarities can be made between "Ivanhoe" and Scott's other work?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the love triangles in the story. Who is involved in a love triangle? What conflicts arise as a result of these love triangles? How do these love triangles resolve?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ivanhoe." What genre is this novel? What are the elements of this genre? Why is "Ivanhoe" an example of this genre?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)