|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Realizing that his men are deserting him, what does Prince John suggest?
2. Who is given Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx as a prisoner?
3. In Chapter 30, who wants to release the prisoners?
4. What proposal does Bois-Guilbert make to Rebecca?
5. Who does Cedric encounter while he is making his escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robin of Locksley distribute the spoils of the battle?
2. What role does the Black Knight play in the Battle at Torquilstone?
3. What request does King Richard make of Cedric in Chapter 42? What request does Cedric make of Ivanhoe?
4. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
5. What does Urfried tell Cedric about her past?
6. What advice does Nathan offer Isaac in Chapter 35?
7. What does Bois-Guilbert say which greatly upsets Rebecca in Chapter 24?
8. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
9. In Chapter 36, what does de Baumanoir chastise Malvoisin for, and what does Malvoisin say in his defense?
10. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ivanhoe." What genre is this novel? What are the elements of this genre? Why is "Ivanhoe" an example of this genre?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the love triangles in the story. Who is involved in a love triangle? What conflicts arise as a result of these love triangles? How do these love triangles resolve?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of disguise. Who wears a disguise in the novel and why? Who chooses not to disguise himself and how does it affect his life? How does Scott depict the revealing of these characters?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)