Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he leaves?
2. Who Is Conrad Mont-Fitchet?
3. What sign does Urfried say the invaders should look for before attacking?
4. Who leads the attack on the Black Knight in Chapter 40?
5. What do the invaders build during the battle?
Discuss the author, Sir Walter Scott, and his canon. What genre does he usually write in? What similarities can be made between "Ivanhoe" and Scott's other work?
Discuss Scott's use of symbolism in "Ivanhoe." What are some examples of symbols and what is the meaning behind them?
Discuss the motif of anti-semitism in "Ivanhoe." What are some examples of antisemitism in the novel? Is this an accurate portrayal of how Jewish people were regarded at this time?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)