|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higg claim in Chapter 37?
2. What time does Bois-Guilbert say the prisoners will be killed by?
3. What does Ivanhoe tell King Richard is threatening his kingdom in Chapter 41?
4. Who does Front-de-Boeuf tell Cedric to deliver something to?
5. Who sends a letter of warning to De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of anti-semitism in "Ivanhoe." What are some examples of antisemitism in the novel? Is this an accurate portrayal of how Jewish people were regarded at this time?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of "Ivanhoe." How does Scott convey the tone of the novel? How does the tone of the novel connect to the themes and motifs of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the love triangles in the story. Who is involved in a love triangle? What conflicts arise as a result of these love triangles? How do these love triangles resolve?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)