|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higg claim in Chapter 37?
2. What do the invaders build during the battle?
3. Who is assigned to be champion of the Templars in Chapter 38?
4. Who is the Grand Master of the Templar Knights?
5. Where do King Richard and his men depart for in Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Nathan offer Isaac in Chapter 35?
2. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight in Chapter 32?
3. Who is Urfried? What does she explain to Rebecca?
4. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
5. Who is sent to Torquilstone posing as a priest, and what does he do to help Cedric escape?
6. What does Bois-Guilbert say which greatly upsets Rebecca in Chapter 24?
7. At Athelstane's castle, what are the twenty women in an apartment doing?
8. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he escapes?
9. How is the scene outside Athelstane's castle described in Chapter 41?
10. What ruse does Robin Hood create for the sake of King Richard's safety in Chapter 41?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of disguise. Who wears a disguise in the novel and why? Who chooses not to disguise himself and how does it affect his life? How does Scott depict the revealing of these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the protagonist of the novel, Ivanhoe. What are his defining character traits? What are his motives and how does he go about achieving his goals? Why is he fighting with his father? Why might Scott have chosen to have the protagonist of the novel be injured throughout much of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Normans and the Saxons and the sub-plot surrounding these groups. Who were these groups? Why were they fighting? Are they portrayed accurately? How does their feud affect the storyline?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)