|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does De Bracy decide to relocate to in Chapter 34?
2. What does Bois-Guilbert aspire to become?
3. How many brothers did the person Rebecca encountered in her cell have?
4. In what way does Rebecca realize she is being insensible in Chapter 29?
5. What does Rebecca do before Bois-Guilbert leaves her in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. In her trial, what does Rebecca do when she is given time to argue her defense?
2. Who is sent to Torquilstone posing as a priest, and what does he do to help Cedric escape?
3. What proclamation does Friar Tuck make about Isaac?
4. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight in Chapter 32?
5. In Chapter 38, what does Rebecca ask her father to do in her letter?
6. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
7. How does Robin of Locksley distribute the spoils of the battle?
8. What confessions do the Black Knight and Robin of Locksley make in Chapter 40?
9. What ruse does Robin Hood create for the sake of King Richard's safety in Chapter 41?
10. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character Locksley. What is his role in the novel? How has Scott's depiction of this character shaped the modern-day character of Robin Hood?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of "Ivanhoe." How does Scott convey the tone of the novel? How does the tone of the novel connect to the themes and motifs of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the female leads of the story, Lady Rowena and Rebecca, as well as their relationships with Ivanhoe.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)