|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Ivanhoe from the castle?
2. How does the battle between the Normans and Saxons commence?
3. Where does De Bracy decide to relocate to in Chapter 34?
4. What does the message Rebecca was given in Chapter 37 instruct her to do?
5. Who does Rebecca encounter in her cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he escapes?
2. What does Bois-Guilbert claim was his plan to save Rebecca? What ruins his plan?
3. In Chapter 38, what does Rebecca ask her father to do in her letter?
4. What proclamation does Friar Tuck make about Isaac?
5. What ruse does Robin Hood create for the sake of King Richard's safety in Chapter 41?
6. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
7. In Chapter 36, what does de Baumanoir chastise Malvoisin for, and what does Malvoisin say in his defense?
8. How is the scene outside Athelstane's castle described in Chapter 41?
9. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
10. What are Bois-Guilbert's aspirations, and what does he offer Rebecca in exchange for marrying him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the antagonist(s) of the story. Who are they? Who is the central antagonist of the story? Who are the antagonists of the sub-plot? How do these characters shape the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Normans and the Saxons and the sub-plot surrounding these groups. Who were these groups? Why were they fighting? Are they portrayed accurately? How does their feud affect the storyline?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the female leads of the story, Lady Rowena and Rebecca, as well as their relationships with Ivanhoe.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)