|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Prince John plot to usurp his brothers throne in Chapter 34?
2. What is Urfried's real name?
3. As expressed in Chapter 29, what does Rebecca see no value in?
4. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight as a gift?
5. Who delivers a message to Isaac in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
2. What are Bois-Guilbert's aspirations, and what does he offer Rebecca in exchange for marrying him?
3. What does Urfried tell Cedric about her past?
4. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
5. What happens when the Black Knight and Wamba are traveling through the forest in Chapter 40?
6. In her trial, what does Rebecca do when she is given time to argue her defense?
7. At Athelstane's castle, what are the twenty women in an apartment doing?
8. What advice does Nathan offer Isaac in Chapter 35?
9. What role does the Black Knight play in the Battle at Torquilstone?
10. Who is Urfried? What does she explain to Rebecca?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Normans and the Saxons and the sub-plot surrounding these groups. Who were these groups? Why were they fighting? Are they portrayed accurately? How does their feud affect the storyline?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of "Ivanhoe." How does Scott convey the tone of the novel? How does the tone of the novel connect to the themes and motifs of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the love triangles in the story. Who is involved in a love triangle? What conflicts arise as a result of these love triangles? How do these love triangles resolve?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)