|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivanhoe tell King Richard is threatening his kingdom in Chapter 41?
2. Who delivers a message to Isaac in Chapter 38?
3. Who Is Conrad Mont-Fitchet?
4. What is the name of Athelstane's mother?
5. What sign does Urfried say the invaders should look for before attacking?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the antagonist(s) of the story. Who are they? Who is the central antagonist of the story? Who are the antagonists of the sub-plot? How do these characters shape the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Ivanhoe." What happens at the end of the novel? Is it a happy ending? Why or why not? Are there any surprising developments? How does Ivanhoe overcome the obstacles he faced?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the love triangles in the story. Who is involved in a love triangle? What conflicts arise as a result of these love triangles? How do these love triangles resolve?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)