|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the attack on the Black Knight in Chapter 40?
2. Who is Higg?
(a) A peasant.
(b) A clergyman.
(c) A knight.
(d) A healer.
3. What does Ivanhoe tell King Richard is threatening his kingdom in Chapter 41?
(c) The Spanish.
(d) Civil war.
4. What does the message Rebecca was given in Chapter 37 instruct her to do?
(a) Pretend to be crazy.
(b) Accuse Malvoisin of treason.
(c) Claim to know King Richard.
(d) Demand a champion.
5. Who is given Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx as a prisoner?
(b) Robin of Locksley.
(c) The Black Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Urfried content to be alive?
2. Who comes to the Black Knight's aid in Chapter 40?
3. What does Ulrica do after visiting Front-de-Boeuf?
4. Which of the following does Cedric NOT request for Ivanhoe to stop wearing?
5. Who goes to Torquilstone posing as a priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rebecca realize as she spends time with Ivanhoe?
2. What does Ulrica say to Front-de-Boeuf as he lays dying?
3. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
4. What does Bois-Guilbert say which greatly upsets Rebecca in Chapter 24?
5. What does Bois-Guilbert claim was his plan to save Rebecca? What ruins his plan?
6. What are Bois-Guilbert's aspirations, and what does he offer Rebecca in exchange for marrying him?
7. In her trial, what does Rebecca do when she is given time to argue her defense?
8. In Chapter 36, what does de Baumanoir chastise Malvoisin for, and what does Malvoisin say in his defense?
9. At Athelstane's castle, what are the twenty women in an apartment doing?
10. What confessions do the Black Knight and Robin of Locksley make in Chapter 40?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)