|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Urfried set about doing after being imprisoned by the Front-de-Boeufs?
(a) Marrying one of the Front-de-Boeufs.
(b) Stealing from the Front-de-Boeufs.
(c) Making the Front-de-Boeufs each other.
(d) Poisoning the Front-de-Boeufs.
2. Who does Front-de-Boeuf tell Cedric to deliver something to?
(a) Prince John.
(b) De Bracy.
3. Who does Rebecca encounter in her cell?
(b) A beggar woman.
4. Who falsifies evidence against Rebecca in Chapter 37?
(a) A monk.
(d) Two soldiers.
5. Who does De Bracy think is the Black Knight?
(a) Prince John.
(d) King Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Urfried's real name?
2. What is the name of Athelstane's mother?
3. How many days is Rebecca given to find a champion?
4. What do two Christian healers examine in Chapter 37?
5. Who leads the attack on the Black Knight in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Nathan offer Isaac in Chapter 35?
2. What role does the Black Knight play in the Battle at Torquilstone?
3. What are Bois-Guilbert's aspirations, and what does he offer Rebecca in exchange for marrying him?
4. What does Bois-Guilbert say which greatly upsets Rebecca in Chapter 24?
5. Who is sent to Torquilstone posing as a priest, and what does he do to help Cedric escape?
6. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
7. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
8. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he escapes?
9. What does Ulrica say to Front-de-Boeuf as he lays dying?
10. In Chapter 36, what does de Baumanoir chastise Malvoisin for, and what does Malvoisin say in his defense?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)