|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Higg?
(a) A knight.
(b) A healer.
(c) A clergyman.
(d) A peasant.
2. Who Is Conrad Mont-Fitchet?
(a) A chaplain.
(b) The Grand Master's assistant.
(c) A powerful lord.
(d) The castle's marshall.
3. What does the message Rebecca was given in Chapter 37 instruct her to do?
(a) Demand a champion.
(b) Claim to know King Richard.
(c) Accuse Malvoisin of treason.
(d) Pretend to be crazy.
4. What does the Black Knight intend to attend in Chapter 40?
(a) Athelstane's funeral.
(b) A tournament.
(c) A conference held by Prince John.
(d) A wedding in Scotland.
5. What do De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf request in their letter to their opposition?
(a) A signal of surrender.
(b) A quick battle.
(c) A flagon of ale.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ambrose?
2. In Chapter 30, who wants to release the prisoners?
3. Who goes to Torquilstone posing as a priest?
4. What sign does Urfried say the invaders should look for before attacking?
5. What does Friar Tuck proclaim about Isaac?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ivanhoe come to be with Isaac and Rebecca?
2. What proclamation does Friar Tuck make about Isaac?
3. What does Ulrica say to Front-de-Boeuf as he lays dying?
4. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight in Chapter 32?
5. How is the scene outside Athelstane's castle described in Chapter 41?
6. How does Robin of Locksley distribute the spoils of the battle?
7. What are Bois-Guilbert's aspirations, and what does he offer Rebecca in exchange for marrying him?
8. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
9. What does Rebecca realize as she spends time with Ivanhoe?
10. What happens when the Black Knight and Wamba are traveling through the forest in Chapter 40?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)