|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realizing that his men are deserting him, what does Prince John suggest?
(a) Kidnapping King Richard.
(b) Kidnapping Bois-Guilbert.
(c) Kidnapping Robin Hood.
(d) Kidnapping Ivanhoe.
2. What does Athelstane offer to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Trade his life for Cedric's.
(b) Marry Rowena.
(c) Ransom the prisoners.
(d) Tell the Normans of King Richard's whereabouts.
3. As expressed in Chapter 29, what does Rebecca see no value in?
4. What does Rebecca realize as she is nursing Ivanhoe?
(a) That she dislikes him.
(b) That he is the heroic knight she has heard stories about.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That she is becoming attached to him.
5. What title does Prince John give De Bracy in Chapter 34?
(b) High Marshall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Urfried's father?
2. Where does Prince John plot to usurp his brothers throne in Chapter 34?
3. What disgusts Cedric about Urfried?
4. Whose death does Cedric mourn in Chapter 32?
5. What do De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf request in their letter to their opposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
2. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he escapes?
3. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
4. How does Robin of Locksley distribute the spoils of the battle?
5. What does Urfried tell Cedric about her past?
6. What does Ulrica say to Front-de-Boeuf as he lays dying?
7. Who is sent to Torquilstone posing as a priest, and what does he do to help Cedric escape?
8. What advice does Nathan offer Isaac in Chapter 35?
9. What happens when the Black Knight and Wamba are traveling through the forest in Chapter 40?
10. What request does King Richard make of Cedric in Chapter 42? What request does Cedric make of Ivanhoe?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)