|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rebecca realize as she is nursing Ivanhoe?
(a) That she dislikes him.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That she is becoming attached to him.
(d) That he is the heroic knight she has heard stories about.
2. Who is knocked unconscious in the castle in Chapter 31?
3. What is the name of Athelstane's mother?
4. What does the Black Knight intend to attend in Chapter 40?
(a) A wedding in Scotland.
(b) A tournament.
(c) Athelstane's funeral.
(d) A conference held by Prince John.
5. Where is the headquarters of the Templar Knights?
(a) Raglan Castle.
(b) Bamburgh Castle.
(c) Arundal Castle.
(d) Templestowe Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. As expressed in Chapter 29, what does Rebecca see no value in?
2. What sign does Urfried say the invaders should look for before attacking?
3. Who saves Ivanhoe from the castle?
4. Who is given Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx as a prisoner?
5. Why is Urfried content to be alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bois-Guilbert claim was his plan to save Rebecca? What ruins his plan?
2. What does Urfried tell Cedric about her past?
3. What does Rebecca realize as she spends time with Ivanhoe?
4. In Chapter 36, what does de Baumanoir chastise Malvoisin for, and what does Malvoisin say in his defense?
5. What proclamation does Friar Tuck make about Isaac?
6. How did Ivanhoe come to be with Isaac and Rebecca?
7. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
8. At Athelstane's castle, what are the twenty women in an apartment doing?
9. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
10. What does Bois-Guilbert say which greatly upsets Rebecca in Chapter 24?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)