|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bois-Guilbert claim he planned to do to save Rebecca?
(a) Have King Richard intervene on her behalf.
(b) Fight as her champion in disguise.
(c) Kidnap her and run away together.
(d) Prove that the evidence against her was false.
2. What do two Christian healers examine in Chapter 37?
(a) A birthmark on Rebecca's arm.
(b) A balm.
(c) Rebecca's tonsils.
(d) The food that Prince John is about to eat.
3. What is Ulrica seen doing before her death?
(a) Sounding a bugle.
(b) Dousing herself with oil.
(c) Singing crazily.
(d) Running through the castle halls.
4. How many brothers did the person Rebecca encountered in her cell have?
5. Where does Bois-Guilbert want to flee with Rebecca in Chapter 39?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest suggest to help Cedric escape?
2. Who does Cedric encounter while he is making his escape?
3. What does Rebecca threaten to do while speaking to Bois-Guilbert?
4. What do the men eat in the forest in Chapter 41?
5. Who comes to the Black Knight's aid in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is sent to Torquilstone posing as a priest, and what does he do to help Cedric escape?
2. What does Urfried tell Cedric about her past?
3. What are Bois-Guilbert's aspirations, and what does he offer Rebecca in exchange for marrying him?
4. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
5. What does Bois-Guilbert say which greatly upsets Rebecca in Chapter 24?
6. In Chapter 36, what does de Baumanoir chastise Malvoisin for, and what does Malvoisin say in his defense?
7. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
8. What request does King Richard make of Cedric in Chapter 42? What request does Cedric make of Ivanhoe?
9. At Athelstane's castle, what are the twenty women in an apartment doing?
10. Who is Urfried? What does she explain to Rebecca?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)