|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ambrose?
(a) A forest outlaw.
(b) A monk.
(c) A yeoman.
(d) A knight.
2. What does Higg claim in Chapter 37?
(a) That Rebecca taught him to make poison.
(b) That Rebecca cured him of palsy.
(c) That Rebecca had been seen fraternizing with men.
(d) That Rebecca had murdered Athelstane.
3. What does Athelstane offer to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Marry Rowena.
(b) Trade his life for Cedric's.
(c) Ransom the prisoners.
(d) Tell the Normans of King Richard's whereabouts.
4. What symbol appears on a banner above the gate at Athelstane's castle?
(a) A horse.
(b) A crown.
(c) A serpent.
(d) A lion.
5. Who does Rebecca encounter in her cell?
(d) A beggar woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Isaac set the Prior's ransom for?
2. Who delivers a message to Isaac in Chapter 38?
3. Who was Urfried's father?
4. How many women are gathered in an apartment in Athelstane's castle?
5. Who is given Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx as a prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What request does King Richard make of Cedric in Chapter 42? What request does Cedric make of Ivanhoe?
2. How did Ivanhoe come to be with Isaac and Rebecca?
3. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
4. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he escapes?
5. What confessions do the Black Knight and Robin of Locksley make in Chapter 40?
6. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight in Chapter 32?
7. What does Bois-Guilbert say which greatly upsets Rebecca in Chapter 24?
8. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
9. What does Ulrica say to Front-de-Boeuf as he lays dying?
10. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)