|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound interrupts De Bracy's conversation with Rowena?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) Yelling outside.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A bugle call.
2. Who is Rebecca?
(a) Isaac the Jew's daughter.
(b) Athelstane's daughter.
(c) Prince John's fiancee.
(d) The nurse who cares for Ivanhoe.
3. How many men attack the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
4. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
(a) I, A Wandering Scholar Lad.
(b) Some Are Gaming.
(c) The Barefooted Friar.
(d) We In Our Wandering.
5. What does Bois-Guilbert intend to keep as his prize from the attack on the Saxons?
(b) Some armor.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A money chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Front-de-Boeuf claim to have believed Rebecca was?
2. Where does the Palmer take Isaac the Jew?
3. How does Front-de-Boeuf threaten to torture Isaac?
4. What is King Richard known as?
5. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand of Isaac, and with what torture does he threaten Isaac?
2. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
3. What is De Bracy's plan for marrying Lady Rowena?
4. What is the Disinherited Knight offered for his win in the tournament? What does he accept?
5. What does De Bracy tell Rowena to convince her to marry him?
6. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
7. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
8. Why does Cedric forbid Lady Rowena from appearing before the Normans?
9. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
10. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)