|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Sends a rescue party.
(b) Declares war.
(c) Usurps the throne.
(d) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
2. Who does Cedric hope to marry Rowena to?
(a) Robin of Locksley.
(c) Lucas Beaumanoir.
(d) Waldemar Fitzurse.
3. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
(a) Cedric did not approve of Gurth's marriage.
(b) Cedric injured Gurth's dog.
(c) Cedric locked Gurth up for two months.
(d) Cedric disinherited Ivanhoe.
4. What does Rebecca do in secret after the tournament?
(a) Visits a Christian church.
(b) Returns the Disinherited Knight's money.
(c) Makes a deal with Bois-Guilbert.
(d) Follows Cedric the Saxon.
5. What job does Prince John offer the archery contest winner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes tension between the Saxons and Normans at Prince John's banquet?
2. Who does the Disinherited Knight refuse to accept a reward from?
3. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
4. How does Rowena displease Cedric in Chapter 3?
5. Who is Rebecca?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
2. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
3. Who attacks Gurth? Why do they return Gurth's money to him?
4. Who attacks the Saxons in the forest? Who intends to come to the aid of the Saxons?
5. Where are Cedric and Athelstane imprisoned in Torquilstone? What do they think about while being held captive in Chapter 21?
6. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
7. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
8. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
9. Who attacks the Disinherited Knight at the second day of the tournament? Who assists the Disinherited Knight?
10. What is De Bracy's plan for marrying Lady Rowena?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)