Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
(a) To travel with the Normans.
(b) To see the castle's healer.
(c) To visit the chapel.
(d) To the kitchen for drinks.
2. How much money does Prince John want to collect from Isaac?
(a) One thousand crowns.
(b) Five thousand crowns.
(c) Two thousand crowns.
(d) Five hundred crowns.
3. What does Cedric insist when Isaac of York comes in?
(a) That he sit at a separate table.
(b) That he not speak to the Normans.
(c) That he be given extra bread.
(d) That he pay for the privilege of staying at the castle.
4. Who attacks Cedric's party in the woods?
(d) De Bracy.
5. What language is the word on the mysterious knight's shield written in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rowena displease Cedric in Chapter 3?
2. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
3. Who assists the Disinherited Knight when he is ambushed on the second day of the tournament?
4. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
5. Who does Prince John worry the mysterious knight is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
2. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
3. In Chapter 16, where does the Black Knight seek lodging for the night?
4. Why do the people of England prefer King Richard over Prince John?
5. What does Bois-Guilbert claim was his plan to save Rebecca? What ruins his plan?
6. In Chapter 38, what does Rebecca ask her father to do in her letter?
7. What request does King Richard make of Cedric in Chapter 42? What request does Cedric make of Ivanhoe?
8. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he escapes?
9. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
10. Why is Prince John concerned to learn that the Disinherited Knight is Ivanhoe?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)