|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cedric insist when Isaac of York comes in?
(a) That he not speak to the Normans.
(b) That he be given extra bread.
(c) That he sit at a separate table.
(d) That he pay for the privilege of staying at the castle.
2. What type of work does Gurth do?
3. Who is victorious at the second day of the tournament?
(a) The Disinherited Knight.
(b) The Black Knight.
(c) Robin Hood.
4. Who does Prince John worry the mysterious knight is?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) King Richard.
(d) Waldemar Fitzurse.
5. Who attacks Cedric's party in the woods?
(c) De Bracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
2. What does Prince John take from Cedric?
3. Who is Rowena in love with?
4. Why is Cedric displeased with Ivanhoe?
5. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Disinherited Knight offered for his win in the tournament? What does he accept?
2. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
3. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
4. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
5. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
6. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
7. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
8. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
9. Who attacks the Saxons in the forest? Who intends to come to the aid of the Saxons?
10. What does De Bracy tell Rowena to convince her to marry him?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)