|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
(a) A minstrel.
(b) A woman.
(c) A monk.
(d) A yeoman.
2. What is held immediately after the tournament is canceled?
(a) A sheep herding contest.
(b) An archery contest.
(c) A wrestling contest.
(d) A foot race.
3. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
(a) One thousand silver pounds.
(b) Isaac's land.
(c) That Isaac kill Cedric.
(d) Rebecca's hand in marriage.
4. Who does Cedric hope to marry Rowena to?
(b) Robin of Locksley.
(c) Waldemar Fitzurse.
(d) Lucas Beaumanoir.
5. What instrument does the Black Knight play?
(a) The cornet.
(b) The pipe.
(c) The harp.
(d) The lute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rebecca?
2. What language is the word on the mysterious knight's shield written in?
3. Who assists the Disinherited Knight when he is ambushed on the second day of the tournament?
4. What does Friar Tuck say about his food?
5. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Disinherited Knight offered for his win in the tournament? What does he accept?
2. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
3. In Chapter 14, how does Cedric show his displeasure with his son? Why is Cedric displeased with his son?
4. In Chapter 16, where does the Black Knight seek lodging for the night?
5. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
6. What happens to King Richard as he is traveling through Europe? How does this affect the leadership of England?
7. Why does Cedric forbid Lady Rowena from appearing before the Normans?
8. Who attacks Gurth? Why do they return Gurth's money to him?
9. Who does Cedric want to marry Rowena and why?
10. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)