|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fitzurse learn that De Bracy is planning to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Go looking for King Richard.
(b) Set the castle on fire.
(c) Investigate the Black Knight.
(d) Kidnap Lady Rowena.
2. What is the name of Cedric's estate?
3. What does Athelstane worry about while being held prisoner?
(a) What will become of Rowena.
(b) What he will be fed.
(c) Whether he will have a comfortable place to sleep.
(d) Whether his property will be stolen.
4. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
(a) Prince John.
(b) The previous tournament's Sovereign of Love and Beauty.
(c) The loser of the tournament.
(d) The champion knight.
5. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
(a) That Isaac kill Cedric.
(b) Isaac's land.
(c) One thousand silver pounds.
(d) Rebecca's hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rowena displease Cedric in Chapter 3?
2. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
3. Who assists the Disinherited Knight when he is ambushed on the second day of the tournament?
4. Where do the horsemen follow Wamba's directions to?
5. What is held immediately after the tournament is canceled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
2. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
3. What is the Disinherited Knight offered for his win in the tournament? What does he accept?
4. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
5. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
6. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
7. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
8. Who attacks the Saxons in the forest? Who intends to come to the aid of the Saxons?
9. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
10. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)