|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
(a) Prince John has Ivanhoe arrested.
(b) Ivanhoe faints.
(c) The Black Knight attacks Ivanhoe.
(d) Lady Rowena faints.
2. Who did Prince John bestow the honors owed to Ivanhoe on?
(a) De Bracy.
3. Who does Prince John worry the mysterious knight is?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) King Richard.
(d) Waldemar Fitzurse.
4. What do the defeated knights NOT offer the Disinherited Knight after the tournament?
5. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
(a) The Barefooted Friar.
(b) We In Our Wandering.
(c) I, A Wandering Scholar Lad.
(d) Some Are Gaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
2. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
3. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
4. Where is Isaac imprisoned at the castle?
5. Why is Cedric displeased with Ivanhoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand of Isaac, and with what torture does he threaten Isaac?
2. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
3. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
4. What happens to King Richard as he is traveling through Europe? How does this affect the leadership of England?
5. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
6. Who attacks the Disinherited Knight at the second day of the tournament? Who assists the Disinherited Knight?
7. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
8. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
9. Who attacks Gurth? Why do they return Gurth's money to him?
10. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)