|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
(a) A woman.
(b) A yeoman.
(c) A monk.
(d) A minstrel.
2. Why does Prince John cancel the third day of the tournament?
(a) Prince John learns King Richard is free.
(b) Prince John finds the tournament boring.
(c) Prince John falls ill.
(d) Prince John fears a Saxon will win again.
3. Who does Prince John worry the mysterious knight is?
(b) Robin Hood.
(c) Waldemar Fitzurse.
(d) King Richard.
4. How does Rowena displease Cedric in Chapter 3?
(a) By not hiding her face with a veil.
(b) By wearing an old dress.
(c) By being late for dinner.
(d) By speaking to a stranger.
5. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Daniel Defoe.
(d) Sir Walter Scott.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
2. Who does the Disinherited Knight send money to?
3. What is the name of Front-de-Boeuf's castle?
4. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
5. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, where does the Black Knight seek lodging for the night?
2. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
3. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
4. Who attacks the Saxons in the forest? Who intends to come to the aid of the Saxons?
5. Who does Cedric want to marry Rowena and why?
6. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
7. In Chapter 14, how does Cedric show his displeasure with his son? Why is Cedric displeased with his son?
8. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
9. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
10. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)