|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Isaac imprisoned at the castle?
(a) In an apartment.
(b) In the dungeon.
(c) In the chapel.
(d) In the tower.
2. What does Isaac ask for in return for meeting Front-de-Boeuf's demands?
(a) That the Saxons be freed.
(b) That Front-de-Boeuf provide Rebecca with medicine.
(c) That he be allowed to leave England.
(d) That King Richard's life is spared.
3. What does De Bracy promise Rowena should she marry him?
(a) That he will become a powerful man.
(b) That he will not harm Ivanhoe.
(c) That Rebecca will not die.
(d) That the Saxons will no longer face prejudice.
4. What do Cedric's Norman guests complain about?
(a) That Cedric does not present them with gifts.
(b) That Cedric allows Isaac of York in.
(c) That the castle is cold and damp.
(d) The Saxon decor.
5. Who is the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
2. Who is De Bracy?
3. What color horse does the mysterious knight ride?
4. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
5. What is the name of Cedric's ward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand of Isaac, and with what torture does he threaten Isaac?
2. What happens to King Richard as he is traveling through Europe? How does this affect the leadership of England?
3. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
4. Who attacks the Saxons in the forest? Who intends to come to the aid of the Saxons?
5. Why do the people of England prefer King Richard over Prince John?
6. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
7. What does the Palmer warn Isaac of Kent about? Where does the Palmer take Isaac?
8. Why does Cedric forbid Lady Rowena from appearing before the Normans?
9. In Chapter 14, how does Cedric show his displeasure with his son? Why is Cedric displeased with his son?
10. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)