Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
(a) A monk.
(b) A palmer.
(c) A minstrel.
(d) A peddler.
2. What instrument does the Black Knight play?
(a) The lute.
(b) The harp.
(c) The cornet.
(d) The pipe.
3. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
(a) Daniel Defoe.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
4. What does Bois-Guilbert intend to keep as his prize from the attack on the Saxons?
(a) A money chest.
(c) Some armor.
(d) A carriage.
5. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
(b) Declares war.
(c) Usurps the throne.
(d) Sends a rescue party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cedric displeased with Ivanhoe?
2. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
3. What is King Richard known as?
4. Which woman is chosen to preside over the next day's tournament?
5. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight in Chapter 32?
2. In her trial, what does Rebecca do when she is given time to argue her defense?
3. Who does Cedric want to marry Rowena and why?
4. At Athelstane's castle, what are the twenty women in an apartment doing?
5. What are Bois-Guilbert's aspirations, and what does he offer Rebecca in exchange for marrying him?
6. In Chapter 16, where does the Black Knight seek lodging for the night?
7. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
8. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand of Isaac, and with what torture does he threaten Isaac?
9. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
10. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)