|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Declares war.
(b) Usurps the throne.
(c) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
(d) Sends a rescue party.
2. Who does the mysterious knight challenge to mortal combat?
(a) Brian de Bois-Guilbert.
(b) Prince John.
3. What item left behind by the keeper of the forest does Friar Tuck offer the Black Knight?
(a) A piece of venison.
(b) A pastry.
(c) An apple.
(d) A bottle of ale.
4. Where do the horsemen follow Wamba's directions to?
(b) Toquilstone castle.
(c) A broken bridge.
(d) The Sunken Cross.
5. Who does Prince John ask to toast a worthy Norman?
(a) The Palmer.
(b) Lady Rowena.
(d) De Bracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince John take from Cedric?
2. Who does Cedric hope to marry Rowena to?
3. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
4. What activity are Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx and Brian de Bois-Guilbert traveling to?
5. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
2. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand of Isaac, and with what torture does he threaten Isaac?
3. What is De Bracy's plan for marrying Lady Rowena?
4. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
5. Why do the people of England prefer King Richard over Prince John?
6. In Chapter 16, where does the Black Knight seek lodging for the night?
7. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
8. What happens to King Richard as he is traveling through Europe? How does this affect the leadership of England?
9. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
10. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)