|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bois-Guilbert intend to keep as his prize from the attack on the Saxons?
(a) A money chest.
(b) A carriage.
(d) Some armor.
2. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
(a) Give it to Prince John.
(b) Use it to pay a ransom.
(c) Give it to the poor.
(d) Buy alcohol.
3. Which woman is chosen to preside over the next day's tournament?
(a) Lady Ulrica.
(b) Lady Rowena.
(c) Lady Millicent.
(d) Lady Rebecca.
4. Why do the robbers return the money to the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
(a) Because the messenger earnestly begs for it.
(b) Because the Disinherited Knight appears to challenge the robbers.
(c) Because the Disinherited Knight defeated the robbers' enemies.
(d) Because the robbers discover the Disinherited Knight is their leader.
5. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
(a) A monk.
(b) A palmer.
(c) A peddler.
(d) A minstrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound interrupts De Bracy's conversation with Rowena?
2. Who is De Bracy?
3. What type of work does Gurth do?
4. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
5. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
2. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
3. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
4. Why do the people of England prefer King Richard over Prince John?
5. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
6. What does De Bracy tell Rowena to convince her to marry him?
7. What is De Bracy's plan for marrying Lady Rowena?
8. What is the Disinherited Knight offered for his win in the tournament? What does he accept?
9. Who attacks Gurth? Why do they return Gurth's money to him?
10. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)