|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item left behind by the keeper of the forest does Friar Tuck offer the Black Knight?
(a) A bottle of ale.
(b) A piece of venison.
(c) An apple.
(d) A pastry.
2. Why do the robbers return the money to the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
(a) Because the Disinherited Knight appears to challenge the robbers.
(b) Because the Disinherited Knight defeated the robbers' enemies.
(c) Because the robbers discover the Disinherited Knight is their leader.
(d) Because the messenger earnestly begs for it.
3. What does Prince John take from Cedric?
(a) His hat.
(b) His seat.
(c) His ward.
(d) His land.
4. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
(b) Prince John.
5. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
(a) A yeoman.
(b) A minstrel.
(c) A woman.
(d) A monk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Isaac imprisoned at the castle?
2. Who does the Disinherited Knight send money to?
3. How does Rowena displease Cedric in Chapter 3?
4. What is Cedric's son named?
5. Who is De Bracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
2. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
3. What does the Palmer warn Isaac of Kent about? Where does the Palmer take Isaac?
4. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
5. Where are Cedric and Athelstane imprisoned in Torquilstone? What do they think about while being held captive in Chapter 21?
6. What is De Bracy's plan for marrying Lady Rowena?
7. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
8. Why does Cedric forbid Lady Rowena from appearing before the Normans?
9. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
10. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)