|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
(a) Give it to Prince John.
(b) Use it to pay a ransom.
(c) Buy alcohol.
(d) Give it to the poor.
2. Who is Rebecca?
(a) Athelstane's daughter.
(b) Isaac the Jew's daughter.
(c) The nurse who cares for Ivanhoe.
(d) Prince John's fiancee.
3. What do the defeated knights NOT offer the Disinherited Knight after the tournament?
4. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
(a) To loan the palmer a horse and armor.
(b) To pay the palmer for his kindness.
(c) To take the palmer to St. Botoph.
(d) To treat the palmer for his illness.
5. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
(a) Fitzurse's visit.
(b) Front-de-Boeuf's visit.
(c) Malvoisin's visit.
(d) Bois-Guilbert's visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
2. Where does Isaac's cousin live?
3. What instrument does the Black Knight play?
4. What is Cedric's son named?
5. What is the name of Cedric's ward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
2. What does De Bracy tell Rowena to convince her to marry him?
3. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
4. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
5. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
6. What does the Palmer warn Isaac of Kent about? Where does the Palmer take Isaac?
7. In Chapter 16, where does the Black Knight seek lodging for the night?
8. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand of Isaac, and with what torture does he threaten Isaac?
9. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
10. What happens to King Richard as he is traveling through Europe? How does this affect the leadership of England?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)