|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Friar Tuck say about his food?
(a) It is tasteless.
(b) It is blessed by the saints.
(c) It is provided by the townspeople.
(d) It is nutritious.
2. Who has Isaac been deserted by in Chapter 19?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His bodyguards.
(c) His scullions.
(d) His business partners.
3. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
(b) Declares war.
(c) Usurps the throne.
(d) Sends a rescue party.
4. What instrument does the Black Knight play?
(a) The cornet.
(b) The lute.
(c) The harp.
(d) The pipe.
5. Who is De Bracy?
(a) Prince John's knight.
(b) Prince John's councellor.
(c) Price John's nephew.
(d) Prince John's archer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Disinherited Knight accept as a reward after the tournament?
2. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of Isaac's cousin?
4. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
5. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
2. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
3. What is De Bracy's plan for marrying Lady Rowena?
4. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
5. Who does Cedric want to marry Rowena and why?
6. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
7. In Chapter 16, where does the Black Knight seek lodging for the night?
8. What happens to King Richard as he is traveling through Europe? How does this affect the leadership of England?
9. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
10. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)