|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prince John cancel the third day of the tournament?
(a) Prince John finds the tournament boring.
(b) Prince John learns King Richard is free.
(c) Prince John fears a Saxon will win again.
(d) Prince John falls ill.
2. Who attacks Cedric's party in the woods?
(d) De Bracy.
3. What color horse does the mysterious knight ride?
4. Which woman is chosen to preside over the next day's tournament?
(a) Lady Millicent.
(b) Lady Rowena.
(c) Lady Rebecca.
(d) Lady Ulrica.
5. Who assists the Disinherited Knight when he is ambushed on the second day of the tournament?
(b) The Black Knight.
(c) Lady Rowena.
(d) Robin Hood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Front-de-Boeuf threaten to torture Isaac?
2. Who is Rowena in love with?
3. What does Prince John take from Cedric?
4. What does De Bracy promise Rowena should she marry him?
5. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
2. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
3. Why do the people of England prefer King Richard over Prince John?
4. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
5. Who attacks the Disinherited Knight at the second day of the tournament? Who assists the Disinherited Knight?
6. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
7. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
8. What happens to King Richard as he is traveling through Europe? How does this affect the leadership of England?
9. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
10. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)