|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
(a) His guardsmen.
(b) His Muslim slaves.
(d) De Bracy.
2. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
(a) Front-de-Boeuf's visit.
(b) Fitzurse's visit.
(c) Malvoisin's visit.
(d) Bois-Guilbert's visit.
3. What do the defeated knights NOT offer the Disinherited Knight after the tournament?
4. Who wins the archery contest?
(c) Robin of Locksley.
(d) The Black Knight.
5. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) Daniel Defoe.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Sir Walter Scott.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Isaac's cousin live?
2. What job does Prince John offer the archery contest winner?
3. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
4. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
5. What does the Disinherited Knight accept as a reward after the tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the battle for Rebecca's innocence between Ivanhoe and Bois-Guilbert end?
2. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight in Chapter 32?
3. What is De Bracy's plan for marrying Lady Rowena?
4. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
5. What confessions do the Black Knight and Robin of Locksley make in Chapter 40?
6. In Chapter 36, what does de Baumanoir chastise Malvoisin for, and what does Malvoisin say in his defense?
7. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
8. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
9. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
10. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)