|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
(a) The Barefooted Friar.
(b) Some Are Gaming.
(c) I, A Wandering Scholar Lad.
(d) We In Our Wandering.
2. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
(a) Use it to pay a ransom.
(b) Buy alcohol.
(c) Give it to Prince John.
(d) Give it to the poor.
3. What does Athelstane worry about while being held prisoner?
(a) What will become of Rowena.
(b) What he will be fed.
(c) Whether his property will be stolen.
(d) Whether he will have a comfortable place to sleep.
4. What does Prince John take from Cedric?
(a) His seat.
(b) His land.
(c) His ward.
(d) His hat.
5. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
(a) Lady Rowena faints.
(b) Ivanhoe faints.
(c) The Black Knight attacks Ivanhoe.
(d) Prince John has Ivanhoe arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the shield of the mysterious knight say?
2. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
3. Who does Cedric hope to marry Rowena to?
4. Which woman is chosen to preside over the next day's tournament?
5. What color horse does the mysterious knight ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
2. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
3. Why do the people of England prefer King Richard over Prince John?
4. What is the Disinherited Knight offered for his win in the tournament? What does he accept?
5. Who attacks the Disinherited Knight at the second day of the tournament? Who assists the Disinherited Knight?
6. Who attacks the Saxons in the forest? Who intends to come to the aid of the Saxons?
7. What does the Palmer warn Isaac of Kent about? Where does the Palmer take Isaac?
8. What is De Bracy's plan for marrying Lady Rowena?
9. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
10. Why is Prince John concerned to learn that the Disinherited Knight is Ivanhoe?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)