|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men attack the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
2. Why does Prince John cancel the third day of the tournament?
(a) Prince John fears a Saxon will win again.
(b) Prince John falls ill.
(c) Prince John finds the tournament boring.
(d) Prince John learns King Richard is free.
3. What is the name of Isaac's cousin?
4. Who is Rebecca?
(a) Isaac the Jew's daughter.
(b) Prince John's fiancee.
(c) Athelstane's daughter.
(d) The nurse who cares for Ivanhoe.
5. Who does the Disinherited Knight refuse to accept a reward from?
(c) De Bracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does the Black Knight play?
2. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
3. What language is the word on the mysterious knight's shield written in?
4. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
5. Who is the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
2. Why do the people of England prefer King Richard over Prince John?
3. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
4. What advice does Nathan offer Isaac in Chapter 35?
5. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
6. Who attacks the Saxons in the forest? Who intends to come to the aid of the Saxons?
7. In her trial, what does Rebecca do when she is given time to argue her defense?
8. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
9. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
10. What request does King Richard make of Cedric in Chapter 42? What request does Cedric make of Ivanhoe?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)