|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the keeper of the forest that Friar Tuck referred to?
(a) Robin of Locksley.
(c) Prince John.
2. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
(c) Prince John.
3. Who is De Bracy?
(a) Prince John's knight.
(b) Prince John's archer.
(c) Prince John's councellor.
(d) Price John's nephew.
4. Who wins the archery contest?
(b) The Black Knight.
(d) Robin of Locksley.
5. What does Fitzurse learn that De Bracy is planning to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Go looking for King Richard.
(b) Set the castle on fire.
(c) Investigate the Black Knight.
(d) Kidnap Lady Rowena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
2. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
3. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
4. Who is Rebecca?
5. Who does the mysterious knight challenge to mortal combat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
2. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
3. What does De Bracy tell Rowena to convince her to marry him?
4. Who attacks Gurth? Why do they return Gurth's money to him?
5. Why does Cedric forbid Lady Rowena from appearing before the Normans?
6. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
7. Why is Prince John concerned to learn that the Disinherited Knight is Ivanhoe?
8. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
9. Who attacks the Disinherited Knight at the second day of the tournament? Who assists the Disinherited Knight?
10. Where are Cedric and Athelstane imprisoned in Torquilstone? What do they think about while being held captive in Chapter 21?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)