|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
(a) A woman.
(b) A monk.
(c) A minstrel.
(d) A yeoman.
2. What does Prince John take from Cedric?
(a) His seat.
(b) His hat.
(c) His land.
(d) His ward.
3. What does the Disinherited Knight accept as a reward after the tournament?
(a) Twenty zecchins.
(b) Eight zecchins.
(c) One thousand zecchins.
(d) One hundred zecchins.
4. What does the shield of the mysterious knight say?
(c) For God.
5. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
(a) To take the palmer to St. Botoph.
(b) To loan the palmer a horse and armor.
(c) To pay the palmer for his kindness.
(d) To treat the palmer for his illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is De Bracy?
2. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
3. What does Bois-Guilbert intend to keep as his prize from the attack on the Saxons?
4. What does Fitzurse learn that De Bracy is planning to do in Chapter 15?
5. Who is Rowena in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
2. Who does Cedric want to marry Rowena and why?
3. In Chapter 16, where does the Black Knight seek lodging for the night?
4. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
5. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
6. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
7. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
8. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
9. What happens to King Richard as he is traveling through Europe? How does this affect the leadership of England?
10. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)