|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cedric's Norman guests complain about?
(a) That Cedric allows Isaac of York in.
(b) The Saxon decor.
(c) That Cedric does not present them with gifts.
(d) That the castle is cold and damp.
2. What does Friar Tuck say about his food?
(a) It is nutritious.
(b) It is provided by the townspeople.
(c) It is tasteless.
(d) It is blessed by the saints.
3. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
(a) I, A Wandering Scholar Lad.
(b) The Barefooted Friar.
(c) We In Our Wandering.
(d) Some Are Gaming.
4. Who attacks Cedric's party in the woods?
(c) De Bracy.
5. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
(c) Front-de-Boeuf's slaves.
(d) Prince John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
2. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
3. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
4. What color horse does the mysterious knight ride?
5. How does Front-de-Boeuf threaten to torture Isaac?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
2. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
3. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
4. Why does Cedric forbid Lady Rowena from appearing before the Normans?
5. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
6. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
7. Why is Prince John concerned to learn that the Disinherited Knight is Ivanhoe?
8. Who attacks Gurth? Why do they return Gurth's money to him?
9. Who does Cedric want to marry Rowena and why?
10. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)