|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cedric hope to marry Rowena to?
(a) Lucas Beaumanoir.
(c) Robin of Locksley.
(d) Waldemar Fitzurse.
2. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
(a) To travel with the Normans.
(b) To visit the chapel.
(c) To the kitchen for drinks.
(d) To see the castle's healer.
3. What does Athelstane worry about while being held prisoner?
(a) What will become of Rowena.
(b) Whether he will have a comfortable place to sleep.
(c) What he will be fed.
(d) Whether his property will be stolen.
4. What language becomes the official language of England as a result of Norman royalty?
5. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
(a) That Isaac kill Cedric.
(b) Rebecca's hand in marriage.
(c) One thousand silver pounds.
(d) Isaac's land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
2. Who does the Disinherited Knight send money to?
3. What does Friar Tuck say about his food?
4. Who is victorious at the second day of the tournament?
5. Who is De Bracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
2. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
3. Why does Cedric forbid Lady Rowena from appearing before the Normans?
4. What does De Bracy tell Rowena to convince her to marry him?
5. Where are Cedric and Athelstane imprisoned in Torquilstone? What do they think about while being held captive in Chapter 21?
6. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
7. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
8. What is the Disinherited Knight offered for his win in the tournament? What does he accept?
9. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
10. In Chapter 16, where does the Black Knight seek lodging for the night?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)