|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language is the word on the mysterious knight's shield written in?
2. Who does Prince John ask to toast a worthy Norman?
(a) De Bracy.
(c) The Palmer.
(d) Lady Rowena.
3. How many men attack the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
4. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
(a) I, A Wandering Scholar Lad.
(b) We In Our Wandering.
(c) The Barefooted Friar.
(d) Some Are Gaming.
5. What does the shield of the mysterious knight say?
(a) For God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language becomes the official language of England as a result of Norman royalty?
2. Who assists the Disinherited Knight when he is ambushed on the second day of the tournament?
3. What does Prince John take from Cedric?
4. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
5. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
2. Who attacks Gurth? Why do they return Gurth's money to him?
3. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
4. Who attacks the Disinherited Knight at the second day of the tournament? Who assists the Disinherited Knight?
5. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
6. In Chapter 14, how does Cedric show his displeasure with his son? Why is Cedric displeased with his son?
7. Who does Cedric want to marry Rowena and why?
8. Where are Cedric and Athelstane imprisoned in Torquilstone? What do they think about while being held captive in Chapter 21?
9. Why is Prince John concerned to learn that the Disinherited Knight is Ivanhoe?
10. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)