|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fitzurse learn that De Bracy is planning to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Go looking for King Richard.
(b) Set the castle on fire.
(c) Investigate the Black Knight.
(d) Kidnap Lady Rowena.
2. Where does Isaac's cousin live?
3. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
(a) A yeoman.
(b) A minstrel.
(c) A woman.
(d) A monk.
4. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
(a) To loan the palmer a horse and armor.
(b) To treat the palmer for his illness.
(c) To take the palmer to St. Botoph.
(d) To pay the palmer for his kindness.
5. What does Bois-Guilbert intend to keep as his prize from the attack on the Saxons?
(a) A money chest.
(c) Some armor.
(d) A carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
2. Who assists the Disinherited Knight when he is ambushed on the second day of the tournament?
3. How much money does Prince John want to collect from Isaac?
4. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
5. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
2. In Chapter 14, how does Cedric show his displeasure with his son? Why is Cedric displeased with his son?
3. What does the Palmer warn Isaac of Kent about? Where does the Palmer take Isaac?
4. Who attacks the Disinherited Knight at the second day of the tournament? Who assists the Disinherited Knight?
5. Where are Cedric and Athelstane imprisoned in Torquilstone? What do they think about while being held captive in Chapter 21?
6. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
7. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
8. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
9. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
10. Why is Prince John concerned to learn that the Disinherited Knight is Ivanhoe?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)