|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest suggest to help Cedric escape?
(a) That Cedric and the priest trade clothing.
(b) That they make a rope from bed linens.
(c) That they use poison to knock out their captors.
(d) That Cedric pretend to have a heart attack.
2. What title does Prince John give De Bracy in Chapter 34?
(c) High Marshall.
3. Who Is Conrad Mont-Fitchet?
(a) The Grand Master's assistant.
(b) The castle's marshall.
(c) A chaplain.
(d) A powerful lord.
4. What are the women gathered in the apartment in Athelstane's castle doing?
5. What does the Grand Master decide to try Rebecca for?
(a) Being a witch.
6. What does Friar Tuck proclaim about Isaac?
(a) That he has stolen money from Cedric.
(b) That he killed his wife.
(c) That he has converted to Christianity.
(d) That he has promised Rebecca to Bois-Guilbert.
7. How much does Isaac set the Prior's ransom for?
(a) One thousand crowns.
(b) Five hundred crowns.
(c) Eighty crowns.
(d) Six hundred crowns.
8. How many women are gathered in an apartment in Athelstane's castle?
9. What does Higg claim in Chapter 37?
(a) That Rebecca cured him of palsy.
(b) That Rebecca had been seen fraternizing with men.
(c) That Rebecca taught him to make poison.
(d) That Rebecca had murdered Athelstane.
10. Where do King Richard and his men depart for in Chapter 41?
11. What do the invaders build during the battle?
(a) A raft.
(b) A catapault.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A battering ram.
12. What does Robin of Locksley fake in Chapter 41?
(a) A kidnapping.
(c) A Norman attack.
(d) An illness.
13. How does the battle between the Normans and Saxons commence?
(a) With the cavalry advancing.
(b) With boulders being catapaulted.
(c) With arrows being shot.
(d) With fires being set.
14. What did Urfried set about doing after being imprisoned by the Front-de-Boeufs?
(a) Stealing from the Front-de-Boeufs.
(b) Poisoning the Front-de-Boeufs.
(c) Making the Front-de-Boeufs each other.
(d) Marrying one of the Front-de-Boeufs.
15. What does Bois-Guilbert claim he planned to do to save Rebecca?
(a) Have King Richard intervene on her behalf.
(b) Fight as her champion in disguise.
(c) Prove that the evidence against her was false.
(d) Kidnap her and run away together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do two Christian healers examine in Chapter 37?
2. What does Rebecca realize as she is nursing Ivanhoe?
3. What does Ulrica do after visiting Front-de-Boeuf?
4. In what way does Rebecca realize she is being insensible in Chapter 29?
5. Why is Urfried content to be alive?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)