|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does De Bracy ask Rowena for in Chapter 32?
(a) Her forgiveness.
(b) To sing him a song.
(c) Information about Ivanhoe.
(d) Her fortune.
2. What do De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf request in their letter to their opposition?
(a) A signal of surrender.
(b) A priest.
(c) A quick battle.
(d) A flagon of ale.
3. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight as a gift?
(a) A lute.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A bugle.
(d) A dulcimer.
4. How many women are gathered in an apartment in Athelstane's castle?
5. What does the priest suggest to help Cedric escape?
(a) That Cedric pretend to have a heart attack.
(b) That they use poison to knock out their captors.
(c) That Cedric and the priest trade clothing.
(d) That they make a rope from bed linens.
6. Who does the Black Knight first defeat?
(b) De Bracy.
(d) Prince John.
7. Who does Isaac stay with in Chapter 35?
8. Who is the Grand Master of the Templar Knights?
9. What does Rebecca do before Bois-Guilbert leaves her in Chapter 39?
(a) Rebecca forgives Bois-Guilbert.
(b) Rebecca faints.
(c) Rebecca slaps Bois-Guilbert.
(d) Rebecca agrees to marry Bois-Guilbert.
10. When Locksley divides the spoils of the battle, who is first given a portion?
(a) The church.
(b) Prince John.
(d) The outlaws.
11. Which of the following does Cedric NOT request for Ivanhoe to stop wearing?
(a) Short cloaks.
(b) Gay bonnets.
(c) Scarlet dyed clothes.
(d) Fantastic plumage.
12. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he leaves?
(a) A scroll.
(b) A brooch.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A sword.
13. Where is the headquarters of the Templar Knights?
(a) Arundal Castle.
(b) Templestowe Castle.
(c) Bamburgh Castle.
(d) Raglan Castle.
14. What does the Black Knight intend to attend in Chapter 40?
(a) A tournament.
(b) Athelstane's funeral.
(c) A conference held by Prince John.
(d) A wedding in Scotland.
15. Who reads Rebecca's letter to Isaac?
(d) The Black Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does De Bracy think is the Black Knight?
2. What does Bois-Guilbert aspire to become?
3. Who saves Ivanhoe from the castle?
4. What is Urfried's real name?
5. Whose death does Cedric mourn in Chapter 32?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)