|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Locksley divides the spoils of the battle, who is first given a portion?
(a) The outlaws.
(c) Prince John.
(d) The church.
2. How many brothers did the person Rebecca encountered in her cell have?
3. As expressed in Chapter 29, what does Rebecca see no value in?
4. What do the invaders build during the battle?
(a) A raft.
(b) A catapault.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A battering ram.
5. What does Athelstane offer to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Tell the Normans of King Richard's whereabouts.
(b) Trade his life for Cedric's.
(c) Ransom the prisoners.
(d) Marry Rowena.
6. What does Friar Tuck proclaim about Isaac?
(a) That he has stolen money from Cedric.
(b) That he has promised Rebecca to Bois-Guilbert.
(c) That he has converted to Christianity.
(d) That he killed his wife.
7. What does Rebecca do before Bois-Guilbert leaves her in Chapter 39?
(a) Rebecca agrees to marry Bois-Guilbert.
(b) Rebecca faints.
(c) Rebecca forgives Bois-Guilbert.
(d) Rebecca slaps Bois-Guilbert.
8. Who kidnaps Rebecca in the middle of the battle?
(a) De Bracy.
9. After revealing his identity in Chapter 42, what does King Richard request of Cedric?
(a) For Cedric to allow Ivanhoe and Rowena to marry.
(b) For Cedric to forgive Ivanhoe.
(c) For Cedric to fight in King Richard's army.
(d) For Cedric to create a diversion while King Richard escapes.
10. Who is the Grand Master of the Templar Knights?
11. What did Urfried set about doing after being imprisoned by the Front-de-Boeufs?
(a) Stealing from the Front-de-Boeufs.
(b) Marrying one of the Front-de-Boeufs.
(c) Poisoning the Front-de-Boeufs.
(d) Making the Front-de-Boeufs each other.
12. What is Ulrica seen doing before her death?
(a) Running through the castle halls.
(b) Sounding a bugle.
(c) Singing crazily.
(d) Dousing herself with oil.
13. Who delivers a message to Isaac in Chapter 38?
14. What does Bois-Guilbert aspire to become?
(a) A laird.
(c) Grand Master of the Templar Knights.
(d) King of England.
15. Who Is Conrad Mont-Fitchet?
(a) The castle's marshall.
(b) The Grand Master's assistant.
(c) A chaplain.
(d) A powerful lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads Rebecca's letter to Isaac?
2. Who comes to the Black Knight's aid in Chapter 40?
3. Who is knocked unconscious in the castle in Chapter 31?
4. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight as a gift?
5. How many men are said to be backing the opposition to De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)