|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death does Cedric mourn in Chapter 32?
2. Who does Rebecca encounter in her cell?
(d) A beggar woman.
3. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight as a gift?
(a) A bugle.
(b) A lute.
(c) A dulcimer.
(d) A pipe.
4. What does the priest suggest to help Cedric escape?
(a) That Cedric pretend to have a heart attack.
(b) That Cedric and the priest trade clothing.
(c) That they make a rope from bed linens.
(d) That they use poison to knock out their captors.
5. Where does Prince John plot to usurp his brothers throne in Chapter 34?
(a) The Castle at York.
(b) Templestowe Castle.
(c) Arundal Castle.
(d) Torquilstone Castle.
6. What does Higg claim in Chapter 37?
(a) That Rebecca taught him to make poison.
(b) That Rebecca cured him of palsy.
(c) That Rebecca had murdered Athelstane.
(d) That Rebecca had been seen fraternizing with men.
7. What title does Prince John give De Bracy in Chapter 34?
(a) High Marshall.
8. What do two Christian healers examine in Chapter 37?
(a) Rebecca's tonsils.
(b) A birthmark on Rebecca's arm.
(c) The food that Prince John is about to eat.
(d) A balm.
9. Who does the Black Knight first defeat?
(b) Prince John.
(c) De Bracy.
10. How many brothers did the person Rebecca encountered in her cell have?
11. What does Rebecca realize as she is nursing Ivanhoe?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That he is the heroic knight she has heard stories about.
(c) That she is becoming attached to him.
(d) That she dislikes him.
12. Where do King Richard and his men depart for in Chapter 41?
13. What disgusts Cedric about Urfried?
(a) That she now hates the Saxons.
(b) That she did not commit suicide.
(c) That she is insane.
(d) That she finds pleasure in misery.
14. What do De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf request in their letter to their opposition?
(a) A signal of surrender.
(b) A flagon of ale.
(c) A priest.
(d) A quick battle.
15. Who delivers a message to Isaac in Chapter 38?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, who wants to release the prisoners?
2. What are the women gathered in the apartment in Athelstane's castle doing?
3. How far away is Isaac from Templestowe Castle in Chapter 38?
4. How does the battle between the Normans and Saxons commence?
5. After revealing his identity in Chapter 42, what does King Richard request of Cedric?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)