|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Black Knight intend to attend in Chapter 40?
(a) Athelstane's funeral.
(b) A wedding in Scotland.
(c) A tournament.
(d) A conference held by Prince John.
2. Who reads Rebecca's letter to Isaac?
(d) The Black Knight.
3. What symbol appears on a banner above the gate at Athelstane's castle?
(a) A crown.
(b) A serpent.
(c) A horse.
(d) A lion.
4. Where do King Richard and his men depart for in Chapter 41?
5. Who is Ambrose?
(a) A yeoman.
(b) A monk.
(c) A knight.
(d) A forest outlaw.
6. Who does De Bracy think is the Black Knight?
(a) Prince John.
(d) King Richard.
7. Who does Isaac stay with in Chapter 35?
8. Who is assigned to be champion of the Templars in Chapter 38?
(d) De Bracy.
9. What does Ulrica do after visiting Front-de-Boeuf?
(a) Ulrica sets Front-de-Boeuf's room on fire.
(b) Ulrica kisses Front-de-Boeuf good-bye.
(c) Ulrica stabs Front-de-Boeuf.
(d) Ulrica prepares a balm.
10. Who delivers a message to Isaac in Chapter 38?
11. What does Higg claim in Chapter 37?
(a) That Rebecca had been seen fraternizing with men.
(b) That Rebecca had murdered Athelstane.
(c) That Rebecca cured him of palsy.
(d) That Rebecca taught him to make poison.
12. Who does Front-de-Boeuf tell Cedric to deliver something to?
(b) Prince John.
(c) De Bracy.
13. What does Athelstane offer to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Ransom the prisoners.
(b) Trade his life for Cedric's.
(c) Marry Rowena.
(d) Tell the Normans of King Richard's whereabouts.
14. What is Ulrica seen doing before her death?
(a) Dousing herself with oil.
(b) Running through the castle halls.
(c) Singing crazily.
(d) Sounding a bugle.
15. As expressed in Chapter 29, what does Rebecca see no value in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the money Isaac has provided to Prince John to be used for?
2. How does the battle between the Normans and Saxons commence?
3. Who does Cedric encounter while he is making his escape?
4. Whose death does Cedric mourn in Chapter 32?
5. What does the message Rebecca was given in Chapter 37 instruct her to do?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)