|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the headquarters of the Templar Knights?
(a) Arundal Castle.
(b) Bamburgh Castle.
(c) Raglan Castle.
(d) Templestowe Castle.
2. What do the men eat in the forest in Chapter 41?
3. What does the priest suggest to help Cedric escape?
(a) That Cedric pretend to have a heart attack.
(b) That they make a rope from bed linens.
(c) That they use poison to knock out their captors.
(d) That Cedric and the priest trade clothing.
4. Who is knocked unconscious in the castle in Chapter 31?
5. Who does Front-de-Boeuf tell Cedric to deliver something to?
(b) Prince John.
(c) De Bracy.
6. As expressed in Chapter 29, what does Rebecca see no value in?
7. How does the battle between the Normans and Saxons commence?
(a) With arrows being shot.
(b) With fires being set.
(c) With boulders being catapaulted.
(d) With the cavalry advancing.
8. Who is said to be captured by the forest outlaws in Chapter 27?
(a) The Prior of Jorvaulx.
(c) The Black Knight.
(d) Prince John.
9. Where does Prince John plot to usurp his brothers throne in Chapter 34?
(a) Templestowe Castle.
(b) Arundal Castle.
(c) The Castle at York.
(d) Torquilstone Castle.
10. Who is Higg?
(a) A healer.
(b) A clergyman.
(c) A knight.
(d) A peasant.
11. Who is the Grand Master of the Templar Knights?
12. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he leaves?
(a) A sword.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A scroll.
13. What does Athelstane offer to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Marry Rowena.
(b) Tell the Normans of King Richard's whereabouts.
(c) Ransom the prisoners.
(d) Trade his life for Cedric's.
14. Who reads Rebecca's letter to Isaac?
(d) The Black Knight.
15. What do De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf request in their letter to their opposition?
(a) A flagon of ale.
(b) A priest.
(c) A signal of surrender.
(d) A quick battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Black Knight first defeat?
2. In Chapter 30, who wants to release the prisoners?
3. Who does Athelstane say drugged him in Chapter 42?
4. Who comes to the Black Knight's aid in Chapter 40?
5. Who kidnaps Rebecca in the middle of the battle?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)