|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rebecca do before Bois-Guilbert leaves her in Chapter 39?
(a) Rebecca agrees to marry Bois-Guilbert.
(b) Rebecca faints.
(c) Rebecca forgives Bois-Guilbert.
(d) Rebecca slaps Bois-Guilbert.
2. Realizing that his men are deserting him, what does Prince John suggest?
(a) Kidnapping Ivanhoe.
(b) Kidnapping Robin Hood.
(c) Kidnapping Bois-Guilbert.
(d) Kidnapping King Richard.
3. Who reads Rebecca's letter to Isaac?
(a) The Black Knight.
4. What do the men eat in the forest in Chapter 41?
5. How many brothers did the person Rebecca encountered in her cell have?
6. What proposal does Bois-Guilbert make to Rebecca?
(a) That she marry De Bracy.
(b) That she disguise herself to escape.
(c) That she run away to Spain.
(d) That she convert to Christianity.
7. What is the money Isaac has provided to Prince John to be used for?
(a) To build a new fortress.
(b) To bribe the King of Spain.
(c) A rebellion against King Richard.
(d) To ransom one of Prince John's knights.
8. Why is Urfried content to be alive?
(a) She can still watch the sunrise.
(b) She can hope for freedom.
(c) She can pursue revenge.
(d) She can aid the people in her household.
9. What is Urfried's real name?
10. What does Higg claim in Chapter 37?
(a) That Rebecca taught him to make poison.
(b) That Rebecca had murdered Athelstane.
(c) That Rebecca cured him of palsy.
(d) That Rebecca had been seen fraternizing with men.
11. Who does the Grand Master chastise for allowing Rebecca in the castle?
12. Who sends a letter of warning to De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf?
(a) Friar Tuck.
(b) Prince John.
(d) Wamba and Gurth.
13. Who kidnaps Rebecca in the middle of the battle?
(c) De Bracy.
14. What does Athelstane offer to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Tell the Normans of King Richard's whereabouts.
(b) Trade his life for Cedric's.
(c) Marry Rowena.
(d) Ransom the prisoners.
15. What does Ulrica do after visiting Front-de-Boeuf?
(a) Ulrica prepares a balm.
(b) Ulrica kisses Front-de-Boeuf good-bye.
(c) Ulrica sets Front-de-Boeuf's room on fire.
(d) Ulrica stabs Front-de-Boeuf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bois-Guilbert claim he planned to do to save Rebecca?
2. What symbol appears on a banner above the gate at Athelstane's castle?
3. Who does Rebecca encounter in her cell?
4. Which of the following does Cedric NOT request for Ivanhoe to stop wearing?
5. What does Isaac give to the Grand Master ?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)