|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rebecca threaten to do while speaking to Bois-Guilbert?
(a) Yell for help.
(b) Jump out of the window.
(c) Slap Bois-Guilbert.
(d) Marry Ivanhoe.
2. Realizing that his men are deserting him, what does Prince John suggest?
(a) Kidnapping Ivanhoe.
(b) Kidnapping Robin Hood.
(c) Kidnapping Bois-Guilbert.
(d) Kidnapping King Richard.
3. Who leads the attack on the Black Knight in Chapter 40?
4. What time does Bois-Guilbert say the prisoners will be killed by?
(a) By midnight.
(b) By dusk.
(c) By noon.
(d) By dawn.
5. Who delivers a message to Isaac in Chapter 38?
6. After revealing his identity in Chapter 42, what does King Richard request of Cedric?
(a) For Cedric to allow Ivanhoe and Rowena to marry.
(b) For Cedric to forgive Ivanhoe.
(c) For Cedric to create a diversion while King Richard escapes.
(d) For Cedric to fight in King Richard's army.
7. What does the Black Knight intend to attend in Chapter 40?
(a) A wedding in Scotland.
(b) A tournament.
(c) Athelstane's funeral.
(d) A conference held by Prince John.
8. Who does Cedric encounter while he is making his escape?
(a) The palmer.
9. Who comes to the Black Knight's aid in Chapter 40?
(a) Isaac and his friends.
(c) Prince John.
(d) Robin of Locksley.
10. How many brothers did the person Rebecca encountered in her cell have?
11. Where do King Richard and his men depart for in Chapter 41?
12. What does the Grand Master decide to try Rebecca for?
(a) Being a witch.
13. What does Ivanhoe tell King Richard is threatening his kingdom in Chapter 41?
(a) The Spanish.
(d) Civil war.
14. What do De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf request in their letter to their opposition?
(a) A quick battle.
(b) A priest.
(c) A signal of surrender.
(d) A flagon of ale.
15. What does De Bracy ask Rowena for in Chapter 32?
(a) Her fortune.
(b) Her forgiveness.
(c) To sing him a song.
(d) Information about Ivanhoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higg claim in Chapter 37?
2. Who does De Bracy think is the Black Knight?
3. What do the men eat in the forest in Chapter 41?
4. What is the name of Athelstane's mother?
5. Why is Urfried content to be alive?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)