|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is said to be captured by the forest outlaws in Chapter 27?
(a) The Black Knight.
(b) The Prior of Jorvaulx.
(c) Prince John.
2. What does Athelstane offer to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Ransom the prisoners.
(b) Tell the Normans of King Richard's whereabouts.
(c) Trade his life for Cedric's.
(d) Marry Rowena.
3. What is the money Isaac has provided to Prince John to be used for?
(a) To bribe the King of Spain.
(b) To build a new fortress.
(c) To ransom one of Prince John's knights.
(d) A rebellion against King Richard.
4. Who does Athelstane say drugged him in Chapter 42?
(b) A Templar Knight.
(c) De Bracy.
(d) A robber.
5. Who sends a letter of warning to De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf?
(a) Wamba and Gurth.
(b) Prince John.
(d) Friar Tuck.
6. Who does the Grand Master chastise for allowing Rebecca in the castle?
7. What do the invaders build during the battle?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A raft.
(c) A battering ram.
(d) A catapault.
8. What does Higg claim in Chapter 37?
(a) That Rebecca cured him of palsy.
(b) That Rebecca had been seen fraternizing with men.
(c) That Rebecca taught him to make poison.
(d) That Rebecca had murdered Athelstane.
9. How many brothers did the person Rebecca encountered in her cell have?
10. Where do King Richard and his men depart for in Chapter 41?
11. What does Rebecca realize as she is nursing Ivanhoe?
(a) That she dislikes him.
(b) That he is the heroic knight she has heard stories about.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That she is becoming attached to him.
12. Who kidnaps Rebecca in the middle of the battle?
(d) De Bracy.
13. What did Urfried set about doing after being imprisoned by the Front-de-Boeufs?
(a) Marrying one of the Front-de-Boeufs.
(b) Making the Front-de-Boeufs each other.
(c) Poisoning the Front-de-Boeufs.
(d) Stealing from the Front-de-Boeufs.
14. Who is Robin Hood's lieutenant?
(b) Friar Tuck.
(c) Will Scarlet.
(d) Little John.
15. In what way does Rebecca realize she is being insensible in Chapter 29?
(a) She is putting her life at risk to help a dying man.
(b) She is refusing to accept a wealthy man as her husband.
(c) She is worrying more over Ivanhoe than her own father.
(d) She is risking her health to save material possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assigned to be champion of the Templars in Chapter 38?
2. What does Robin of Locksley fake in Chapter 41?
3. Which of the following does Cedric NOT request for Ivanhoe to stop wearing?
4. Who is Higg?
5. Who does Cedric encounter while he is making his escape?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)