|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Front-de-Boeuf tell Cedric to deliver something to?
(a) Prince John.
(c) De Bracy.
2. What is the name of Athelstane's mother?
3. Who does the Grand Master chastise for allowing Rebecca in the castle?
4. Who saves Ivanhoe from the castle?
(b) Robin Hood.
(d) The Black Knight.
5. Who is Higg?
(a) A knight.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A healer.
(d) A clergyman.
6. What are the women gathered in the apartment in Athelstane's castle doing?
7. How many days is Rebecca given to find a champion?
(a) Seven days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Eight days.
8. Where does De Bracy decide to relocate to in Chapter 34?
9. What does Bois-Guilbert claim he planned to do to save Rebecca?
(a) Have King Richard intervene on her behalf.
(b) Fight as her champion in disguise.
(c) Prove that the evidence against her was false.
(d) Kidnap her and run away together.
10. What does Isaac give to the Grand Master ?
(a) A purse of coins.
(b) A scroll.
(c) A ceremonial sword.
(d) A letter from Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx.
11. Who does the Black Knight first defeat?
(a) De Bracy.
(d) Prince John.
12. How does the battle between the Normans and Saxons commence?
(a) With boulders being catapaulted.
(b) With the cavalry advancing.
(c) With arrows being shot.
(d) With fires being set.
13. Who Is Conrad Mont-Fitchet?
(a) The castle's marshall.
(b) A chaplain.
(c) A powerful lord.
(d) The Grand Master's assistant.
14. What do the men eat in the forest in Chapter 41?
15. Who falsifies evidence against Rebecca in Chapter 37?
(a) Two soldiers.
(b) A monk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol appears on a banner above the gate at Athelstane's castle?
2. Where does Bois-Guilbert want to flee with Rebecca in Chapter 39?
3. What does Friar Tuck proclaim about Isaac?
4. How many women are gathered in an apartment in Athelstane's castle?
5. Who comes to the Black Knight's aid in Chapter 40?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)