|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women are gathered in an apartment in Athelstane's castle?
2. Why is Urfried content to be alive?
(a) She can aid the people in her household.
(b) She can still watch the sunrise.
(c) She can hope for freedom.
(d) She can pursue revenge.
3. What do the invaders build during the battle?
(a) A battering ram.
(b) A raft.
(c) A catapault.
(d) A ladder.
4. Who is knocked unconscious in the castle in Chapter 31?
5. Who was Urfried's father?
(a) Torquil Wolfganger.
(b) Steafan Wolfganger.
(c) Cuithbrig Wolfganger.
(d) Ailbeart Wolfganger.
6. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight as a gift?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A lute.
(c) A dulcimer.
(d) A bugle.
7. What is Ulrica seen doing before her death?
(a) Running through the castle halls.
(b) Dousing herself with oil.
(c) Singing crazily.
(d) Sounding a bugle.
8. What are the women gathered in the apartment in Athelstane's castle doing?
9. Where does Prince John plot to usurp his brothers throne in Chapter 34?
(a) Arundal Castle.
(b) Templestowe Castle.
(c) Torquilstone Castle.
(d) The Castle at York.
10. What does Higg claim in Chapter 37?
(a) That Rebecca had been seen fraternizing with men.
(b) That Rebecca cured him of palsy.
(c) That Rebecca had murdered Athelstane.
(d) That Rebecca taught him to make poison.
11. In Chapter 30, who wants to release the prisoners?
(b) De Bracy.
(c) Prince John.
12. What symbol appears on a banner above the gate at Athelstane's castle?
(a) A horse.
(b) A lion.
(c) A serpent.
(d) A crown.
13. What does Rebecca do before Bois-Guilbert leaves her in Chapter 39?
(a) Rebecca forgives Bois-Guilbert.
(b) Rebecca slaps Bois-Guilbert.
(c) Rebecca faints.
(d) Rebecca agrees to marry Bois-Guilbert.
14. Where is the headquarters of the Templar Knights?
(a) Bamburgh Castle.
(b) Arundal Castle.
(c) Raglan Castle.
(d) Templestowe Castle.
15. After revealing his identity in Chapter 42, what does King Richard request of Cedric?
(a) For Cedric to create a diversion while King Richard escapes.
(b) For Cedric to fight in King Richard's army.
(c) For Cedric to allow Ivanhoe and Rowena to marry.
(d) For Cedric to forgive Ivanhoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest suggest to help Cedric escape?
2. Who delivers a message to Isaac in Chapter 38?
3. Where do King Richard and his men depart for in Chapter 41?
4. What is the money Isaac has provided to Prince John to be used for?
5. How many brothers did the person Rebecca encountered in her cell have?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)