|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women are gathered in an apartment in Athelstane's castle?
2. What does the Black Knight intend to attend in Chapter 40?
(a) Athelstane's funeral.
(b) A tournament.
(c) A wedding in Scotland.
(d) A conference held by Prince John.
3. What do the men eat in the forest in Chapter 41?
4. Who is Robin Hood's lieutenant?
(a) Little John.
(c) Will Scarlet.
(d) Friar Tuck.
5. How does the battle between the Normans and Saxons commence?
(a) With boulders being catapaulted.
(b) With the cavalry advancing.
(c) With fires being set.
(d) With arrows being shot.
6. Who does Isaac stay with in Chapter 35?
7. What is Urfried's real name?
8. What disgusts Cedric about Urfried?
(a) That she finds pleasure in misery.
(b) That she did not commit suicide.
(c) That she now hates the Saxons.
(d) That she is insane.
9. What does the priest suggest to help Cedric escape?
(a) That Cedric pretend to have a heart attack.
(b) That Cedric and the priest trade clothing.
(c) That they use poison to knock out their captors.
(d) That they make a rope from bed linens.
10. What does Bois-Guilbert aspire to become?
(b) King of England.
(c) Grand Master of the Templar Knights.
(d) A laird.
11. Where does De Bracy decide to relocate to in Chapter 34?
12. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight as a gift?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A lute.
(c) A dulcimer.
(d) A bugle.
13. What does Rebecca realize as she is nursing Ivanhoe?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That she dislikes him.
(c) That he is the heroic knight she has heard stories about.
(d) That she is becoming attached to him.
14. What proposal does Bois-Guilbert make to Rebecca?
(a) That she run away to Spain.
(b) That she convert to Christianity.
(c) That she marry De Bracy.
(d) That she disguise herself to escape.
15. Who does De Bracy think is the Black Knight?
(b) Prince John.
(d) King Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the money Isaac has provided to Prince John to be used for?
2. Who does the Grand Master chastise for allowing Rebecca in the castle?
3. How many brothers did the person Rebecca encountered in her cell have?
4. Who is said to be captured by the forest outlaws in Chapter 27?
5. Who is Ambrose?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)