|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is given Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx as a prisoner?
(b) The Black Knight.
(d) Robin of Locksley.
2. What does Bois-Guilbert aspire to become?
(a) A laird.
(b) King of England.
(d) Grand Master of the Templar Knights.
3. After revealing his identity in Chapter 42, what does King Richard request of Cedric?
(a) For Cedric to create a diversion while King Richard escapes.
(b) For Cedric to fight in King Richard's army.
(c) For Cedric to allow Ivanhoe and Rowena to marry.
(d) For Cedric to forgive Ivanhoe.
4. What does Rebecca realize as she is nursing Ivanhoe?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That she dislikes him.
(c) That he is the heroic knight she has heard stories about.
(d) That she is becoming attached to him.
5. What does the Black Knight intend to attend in Chapter 40?
(a) Athelstane's funeral.
(b) A conference held by Prince John.
(c) A tournament.
(d) A wedding in Scotland.
6. What proposal does Bois-Guilbert make to Rebecca?
(a) That she disguise herself to escape.
(b) That she run away to Spain.
(c) That she convert to Christianity.
(d) That she marry De Bracy.
7. Who does Isaac stay with in Chapter 35?
8. What does Rebecca threaten to do while speaking to Bois-Guilbert?
(a) Yell for help.
(b) Slap Bois-Guilbert.
(c) Marry Ivanhoe.
(d) Jump out of the window.
9. What sign does Urfried say the invaders should look for before attacking?
(a) A red flag.
(b) A gold flag.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A black flag.
10. As expressed in Chapter 29, what does Rebecca see no value in?
11. What time does Bois-Guilbert say the prisoners will be killed by?
(a) By dawn.
(b) By noon.
(c) By midnight.
(d) By dusk.
12. What does Athelstane offer to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Tell the Normans of King Richard's whereabouts.
(b) Trade his life for Cedric's.
(c) Ransom the prisoners.
(d) Marry Rowena.
13. Who Is Conrad Mont-Fitchet?
(a) The Grand Master's assistant.
(b) The castle's marshall.
(c) A powerful lord.
(d) A chaplain.
14. What title does Prince John give De Bracy in Chapter 34?
(d) High Marshall.
15. Who is Ambrose?
(a) A monk.
(b) A knight.
(c) A forest outlaw.
(d) A yeoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kidnaps Rebecca in the middle of the battle?
2. Who sends a letter of warning to De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf?
3. How far away is Isaac from Templestowe Castle in Chapter 38?
4. Who does Athelstane say drugged him in Chapter 42?
5. What do the men eat in the forest in Chapter 41?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)