|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign does Urfried say the invaders should look for before attacking?
(a) A red flag.
(b) A gold flag.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A black flag.
2. How many days is Rebecca given to find a champion?
(a) One day.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Three days.
3. What proposal does Bois-Guilbert make to Rebecca?
(a) That she convert to Christianity.
(b) That she disguise herself to escape.
(c) That she run away to Spain.
(d) That she marry De Bracy.
4. Who does Athelstane say drugged him in Chapter 42?
(a) A robber.
(b) De Bracy.
(c) A Templar Knight.
5. Who was Urfried's father?
(a) Torquil Wolfganger.
(b) Cuithbrig Wolfganger.
(c) Ailbeart Wolfganger.
(d) Steafan Wolfganger.
6. What disgusts Cedric about Urfried?
(a) That she is insane.
(b) That she now hates the Saxons.
(c) That she did not commit suicide.
(d) That she finds pleasure in misery.
7. Who does Front-de-Boeuf tell Cedric to deliver something to?
(c) Prince John.
(d) De Bracy.
8. What do the invaders build during the battle?
(a) A catapault.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A battering ram.
(d) A raft.
9. What do De Bracy, Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf request in their letter to their opposition?
(a) A priest.
(b) A flagon of ale.
(c) A quick battle.
(d) A signal of surrender.
10. What is the name of Athelstane's mother?
11. What does Isaac give to the Grand Master ?
(a) A scroll.
(b) A ceremonial sword.
(c) A letter from Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx.
(d) A purse of coins.
12. Where is the headquarters of the Templar Knights?
(a) Raglan Castle.
(b) Arundal Castle.
(c) Templestowe Castle.
(d) Bamburgh Castle.
13. Whose death does Cedric mourn in Chapter 32?
14. What do the men eat in the forest in Chapter 41?
15. In what way does Rebecca realize she is being insensible in Chapter 29?
(a) She is refusing to accept a wealthy man as her husband.
(b) She is worrying more over Ivanhoe than her own father.
(c) She is risking her health to save material possessions.
(d) She is putting her life at risk to help a dying man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the attack on the Black Knight in Chapter 40?
2. What is Urfried's real name?
3. Why is Urfried content to be alive?
4. What is Ulrica seen doing before her death?
5. Who is Higg?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)