Short Answer Key
Section I, Introduction, Dedicatory Epistle and chapters 1 through 2
1. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
Sir Walter Scott.
2. What is King Richard known as?
3. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
The Holy Land.
4. What language becomes the official language of England as a result of Norman royalty?
5. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
Usurps the throne.
6. What type of work does Gurth do?
7. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
8. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
Cedric the Saxon's house.
9. Where do the horsemen follow Wamba's directions to?
The Sunken Cross.
10. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
11. What is Cedric's son...
This section contains 2,101 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)