Section I, Introduction, Dedicatory Epistle and chapters 1 through 2
1. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) Daniel Defoe.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Arthur Conan Doyle.
2. What is King Richard known as?
(a) The Bloodthirsty.
(b) The Black King.
(c) The Lion-Hearted.
(d) The Ambitious.
3. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
(a) The Spanish Coast.
(b) The Holy Land.
4. What language becomes the official language of England as a result of Norman royalty?
5. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Usurps the throne.
(b) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
(c) Declares war.
(d) Sends a rescue party.
6. What type of work does Gurth do?
7. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
(a) Malvoisin's visit.
(b) Fitzurse's visit.
(c) Front-de-Boeuf's visit.
(d) Bois-Guilbert's visit.
8. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
(a) A chapel.
(b) Cedric the Saxon's house.
(c) Sherwood Forest.
This section contains 3,628 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)