Foreword & Part 1 - Where I'm At
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Vizzini, Ned. It's Kind of a Funny Story. Hyperion, 2006. Paperback.
• This novel begins with a Foreword written by the author's friend, Rachel Cohn.
• Cohn says that this beloved novel is about a teenager struggling with suicidal ideations.
• Cohn states that it was written by much loved Ned Vizzini, and that he ended up taking his life years after writing it.
• The novel is a road map of what it is like for people who suffer from depression.
• It is told with humor through endearing characters and awkward situations.
• It is more than a book about depression; it is also about hope, strength, and the desire to live.
• Cohn first met Vizzini around the time his first novel was published.
• They shared mutual business colleagues and writing friends, and she...
This section contains 15,248 words
(approx. 51 pages at 300 words per page)