|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do most of the children leave the clubhouse after they start the Indian ritual?
(a) They think they hear someone coming.
(b) The smoke is too strong.
(c) They see death.
(d) They are frightened.
2. Who navigates when the Losers go into the tunnels under the city?
(a) Ben in 1958 and Bill in 1985,
(b) Eddie in both 1958 and in 1985.
(c) Eddie in 1958 and Ben in 1985.
(d) Ben in 1958 and Eddie in 1985
3. Ben tells the other members of the Losers Club about a ritual ceremony that the Indians perform. What is not involved in this ceremony?
(a) Telling jokes.
(b) Experiencing visions.
(c) Burning wood.
(d) Gathering green wood.
4. What gets trapped inside It's mouth during the attack in the cave?
(a) Mike's head.
(b) Audra's purse.
(c) Eddie's arm.
(d) Beverly's hair.
5. Where is Mike Hanlon when the novel ends?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) Visiting Bill Denbrough.
(c) In California.
(d) At his mother's
6. What does Ben Hanscom find along the path which It has tried to escape in 1985?
(a) It's eggs.
(b) Henry Bower's body.
(c) Audra's purse.
(d) Eddie's arm.
7. Whose photo album does Mike bring to the clubhouse?
(a) The library's.
(c) His own.
(d) His father's.
8. What does Mike Hanlon say controls Derry in his fourth diary entry?
(a) Henry Bowers.
9. Who becomes so frightened by the photo album Mike brings that he slams the book closed and becomes hysterical.
10. Why does the Bradley Gang come to Derry?
(a) To kill children.
(b) To buy ammunition.
(c) To fight crime.
(d) To set the bars on fire.
11. Why are the lumberjacks killed?
(a) They were striking for unsafe work conditions.
(b) They were manifestations of It.
(c) Claud Heroux hated them.
(d) They were victims of Henry Bowers.
12. Why does Eddie laugh after he breaks his arm?
(a) It is the first real pain Eddie has felt and he is still alive.
(b) Henry gets caught and sent to prison.
(c) He punched Henry in the face.
(d) Eddie doesn't laugh.
13. What does Bill Denbrough see when It sends him into a mental darkness during the Ritual of Chud in 1958?
(a) A large turtle.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) A clown.
14. What encounter does Beverly remember on the way back to the hotel from the library?
(a) One time when Tom beat her up for smoking.
(b) Her father checking her body to see if she is a virgin.
(c) Finding out that her father is dead.
(d) Henry and Patrick's sexual encounter at the dump.
15. Why do the children leave It in It's nest in 1958?
(a) It is too hard to fight.
(b) Bill is too injured to continue.
(c) They cannot find It.
(d) They belive It is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not happen the day the members of Bradley Gang die?
2. What kills Patrick Hockstetter?
3. Why do the members of the Losers Club go to 29 Neibolt Street together?
4. How does Eddie break his arm?
5. Where is Richie when the novel ends?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)