|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Losers decide not to call the police in reaction to Henry's death?
(a) They don't know the number for the police.
(b) They are scared that Pennywise will hear their call.
(c) Bill says the police won't believe the murder was in self-defense.
(d) They don't know if Henry is dead.
2. Where are Ben Hanscom and Beverly Marsh when the book ends?
(a) Planning to kill Tom Rogan.
(b) Returning to Nebraska together.
(c) Still in Derry.
(d) In California.
3. Who finally kills It?
(a) Bill Denbrough.
(b) Eddie Kaspbrak.
(c) Ben Hanscom.
(d) Beverly Marsh.
4. How do the Losers seal their promise to come back and try to kill It?
(a) Through a ritual murder.
(b) By cutting their hands with a coke bottle.
(c) With a pinkie swear.
(d) Through a verbal oath.
5. With whom does Beverly leave the library after Mike breaks up the meeting?
6. How is It finally killed?
(a) By cutting off It's nose.
(b) By killing It's children.
(c) By crawling inside It and killing It's heart.
(d) With silver bullets.
7. Why do the children leave It in It's nest in 1958?
(a) Bill is too injured to continue.
(b) They belive It is dying.
(c) They cannot find It.
(d) It is too hard to fight.
8. Who calls the police after Eddie breaks his arm?
(a) Eddie's mother.
(b) Eddie's friend, Bill.
(c) The shop owner of the grocery store.
(d) The librarian.
9. What does Mike tell the group he saw at a Fourth of July parade?
(a) A bird.
(b) A werewolf.
(c) A clown.
10. Who does Bill Denbrough see hanging from It's web in 1985?
11. Why does Patrick Hockstetter go to look inside the refrigerator at the edge of the dump?
(a) To hide inside the refrigerator.
(b) To find It.
(c) To see if a pigeon he put in there has died.
(d) To find something to eat.
12. What does Bill Denbrough see when It sends him into a mental darkness during the Ritual of Chud in 1958?
(a) A werewolf.
(b) A large turtle.
(d) A clown.
13. When does Richie come to from his vision?
(a) When It kills him.
(b) When he is pulled from the clubhouse.
(c) When he is stabbed.
(d) When Bill punches him.
14. What encounter does Beverly remember on the way back to the hotel from the library?
(a) Finding out that her father is dead.
(b) Henry and Patrick's sexual encounter at the dump.
(c) One time when Tom beat her up for smoking.
(d) Her father checking her body to see if she is a virgin.
15. Why are the lumberjacks killed?
(a) They were striking for unsafe work conditions.
(b) Claud Heroux hated them.
(c) They were victims of Henry Bowers.
(d) They were manifestations of It.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the members of the Losers Club go to 29 Neibolt Street together?
2. What does Ben Hanscom find along the path which It has tried to escape in 1985?
3. What comes out of the cupboard in the house on Neibolt Street, frightening Beverly?
4. Ben tells the other members of the Losers Club about a ritual ceremony that the Indians perform. What is not involved in this ceremony?
5. Who begins the Ritual of Chud with It in the tunnel?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)