|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills Patrick Hockstetter?
(a) A clown.
(b) A wax-like creature.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) Eddie Cochran.
2. How does Eddie Kaspbrak attack It in the tunnels in 1985?
(a) With a poem.
(c) With his inhaler.
(d) With a knife.
3. What is the Silver Dollar?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A lumber union.
(c) A bar.
(d) A "blacks only" club.
4. How is Claud Heroux killed?
(a) He is hanged by townsfolk.
(b) He is stabbed to death.
(c) He is suffocated with a pillow.
(d) He is murdered with an ax.
5. In the newly finished clubhouse, what do the children decide to make to kill It?
(a) A silver bullet.
(b) An inhaler.
(c) A silver slug.
(d) A mousetrap.
6. Which of the following does Eddie not tell his mom when he wakes up in the hospital?
(a) He knows his asthma is fake.
(b) He knows she sent his friends away.
(c) He will pretend his asthma is real.
(d) He is sorry he has no friends.
7. What does the werewolf in the house on Neibolt Street do to Ben?
(a) It scratches his eyes.
(b) There is no werewolf.
(c) It slits his throat.
(d) It cuts open his stomach.
8. Where is Richie when the novel ends?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At his mother's
(c) In California.
(d) At Mike's house.
9. Who navigates when the Losers go into the tunnels under the city?
(a) Ben in 1958 and Eddie in 1985
(b) Eddie in 1958 and Ben in 1985.
(c) Ben in 1958 and Bill in 1985,
(d) Eddie in both 1958 and in 1985.
10. To whom did the store owner of Derry report the presence of the gang?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The men in town.
(c) The police.
(d) The women in town.
11. Why do most of the children leave the clubhouse after they start the Indian ritual?
(a) The smoke is too strong.
(b) They think they hear someone coming.
(c) They see death.
(d) They are frightened.
12. How is It finally killed?
(a) By crawling inside It and killing It's heart.
(b) With silver bullets.
(c) By cutting off It's nose.
(d) By killing It's children.
13. Where are Ben Hanscom and Beverly Marsh when the book ends?
(a) Still in Derry.
(b) Returning to Nebraska together.
(c) Planning to kill Tom Rogan.
(d) In California.
14. What causes Bill to remember his father's warning that it is easy to get lost in the tunnels in 1958?
(a) Eddie asks if they know where they are going.
(b) He becomes confused about how to get out of the tunnels.
(c) They lose Beverly along the way.
(d) They see a body of a water department employee who got lost.
15. What encounter does Beverly remember on the way back to the hotel from the library?
(a) Finding out that her father is dead.
(b) Her father checking her body to see if she is a virgin.
(c) Henry and Patrick's sexual encounter at the dump.
(d) One time when Tom beat her up for smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Bradley Gang?
2. What happens when Eddie leaves the grocery store where he spent his allowance?
3. What is the only way to stop a glamour?
4. What comes out of the refrigerator in the dump when Patrick Hockstetter opens it?
5. Who becomes so frightened by the photo album Mike brings that he slams the book closed and becomes hysterical.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)