Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
2. How do the women in the nursing home behave?
3. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
4. What is an important motif in this chapter?
5. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the family in I REMAIN IN DARKNESS. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family to most French families living during the mid-20th century?
Essay Topic 3
Alzheimer's Disease and all forms of dementia are met with intolerance from many in society. Do some research on the diseases and write an essay on the physical, emotional and cultural ramifications of these devastating illnesses for people and their families.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)