|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie feel guilty regarding her mother?
2. How do the women in the nursing home behave?
3. Annie feels that her own life runs ___________ her mother's.
4. Annie states that her mother was ________________ by herself.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the cake that Annie brings for her mother to eat.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the dynamic of the mother-daughter role. Why is this relationship such a critical one for girls? How does the relationship between Annie and her mother exhibit in flashbacks? How is the relationship characterized in current time?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
The author provides her own perspective of the world throughout the story. Choose at least one situation in the book which also involves another person and create a brief synopsis of how he/she viewed the same situation.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)