|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie get in the mail that reminds her of her mother?
2. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
3. On rare occasions, Blanche is ____________.
4. What coincides in Annie's life to her mother's debilitation?
5. What sentence does Annie decide she can never use in a fictional story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alzheimer's Disease and all forms of dementia are met with intolerance from many in society. Do some research on the diseases and write an essay on the physical, emotional and cultural ramifications of these devastating illnesses for people and their families.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several metaphors in telling her story. Define a metaphor. Identify at least two metaphors in the story and support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the people are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)