|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women in the nursing home behave?
2. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
3. How does Annie respond to the ways people try to comfort her?
4. How does Annie plan to dispose of her mother's belongings?
5. Annie states that her mother was ________________ by herself.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Not being able to escape the past is an important theme in I REMAIN IN DARKNESS. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
I REMAIN IN DARKNESS is a classic reversal of roles story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in the book. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)