Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
2. How do the women in the nursing home behave?
3. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
4. What is an important motif in this chapter?
5. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the family in I REMAIN IN DARKNESS. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family to most French families living during the mid-20th century?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the story. What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the people?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)