|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie feel knowing that her mother is going to die?
2. The nurses tell Annie that her mother is always talking about _______________.
3. Surgery prevents Annie from seeing her mother for how long?
4. What do the nurses hand out to the patients?
5. What does Annie recall about her mother's temperament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alzheimer's Disease and all forms of dementia are met with intolerance from many in society. Do some research on the diseases and write an essay on the physical, emotional and cultural ramifications of these devastating illnesses for people and their families.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the people?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the dynamic of the mother-daughter role. Why is this relationship such a critical one for girls? How does the relationship between Annie and her mother exhibit in flashbacks? How is the relationship characterized in current time?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)