|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurses tell Annie that her mother is always talking about _______________.
2. Why does Blanche have such a hard time eating the cake Annie brings?
3. How does Blanche say that she feels with Annie?
4. How does Annie characterize her mother's personality when she was well?
5. What does Annie look at two weeks after her mother dies?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the dynamic of the mother-daughter role. Why is this relationship such a critical one for girls? How does the relationship between Annie and her mother exhibit in flashbacks? How is the relationship characterized in current time?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the people are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)