|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie look at two weeks after her mother dies?
2. What does Annie remember about her mother's physical presence?
3. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
4. What does Annie regret doing regarding her mother?
5. Annie notes that she talks about her mother _________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Guilt takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Annie's mother. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is important to her, if anything, at this point in her life?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)