|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie thinks that she can't write anything with enough ______________ to describe her mother's ordeal.
2. What does Annie find in her mother's nightstand table drawer?
3. Which of the following does Annie NOT do for her mother?
4. What is Blanche doing when Annie visits her in February?
5. How does Annie define her own emotional state at this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
I REMAIN IN DARKNESS is a classic reversal of roles story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several metaphors in telling her story. Define a metaphor. Identify at least two metaphors in the story and support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Annie. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)