|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
2. What does Annie want to do on the first Sunday that she does not go to visit her mother?
3. What is the one thing that remains of the mother that Annie once knew?
4. From what did Annie suffer when she was eighteen-years-old?
5. How does Annie's mother often respond when she gives her a manicure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alzheimer's Disease and all forms of dementia are met with intolerance from many in society. Do some research on the diseases and write an essay on the physical, emotional and cultural ramifications of these devastating illnesses for people and their families.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
The author provides her own perspective of the world throughout the story. Choose at least one situation in the book which also involves another person and create a brief synopsis of how he/she viewed the same situation.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)