|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie bring each time she visits her mother?
2. Annie states that her mother was ________________ by herself.
3. Annie notes that she talks about her mother _________________.
4. Which of the following does Annie find she can do while grieving for her mother?
5. Why did Annie hide feces as a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
I REMAIN IN DARKNESS is a classic reversal of roles story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the book. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Alzheimer's Disease and all forms of dementia are met with intolerance from many in society. Do some research on the diseases and write an essay on the physical, emotional and cultural ramifications of these devastating illnesses for people and their families.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)