|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanche do when Annie visits on Easter Day in April?
2. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
3. Annie recalls that there were many times she experienced _____________ with her mother.
4. What do the nurses dress the patients in at New Year's?
5. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of girls and women in mid-20th century France. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 2
Guilt takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several metaphors in telling her story. Define a metaphor. Identify at least two metaphors in the story and support your answers.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)