Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
2. How do the women in the nursing home behave?
3. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
4. What is an important motif in this chapter?
5. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Not being able to escape the past is an important theme in I REMAIN IN DARKNESS. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the people?
Essay Topic 3
Does Ernaux end the book on a note of hope for herself or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with his flawed relationship and grief for her mother? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)