|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie look at two weeks after her mother dies?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the cake that Annie brings for her mother to eat.
3. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
4. The nurses tell Annie that her mother is always talking about _______________.
5. What is the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Annie's mother. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is important to her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
I REMAIN IN DARKNESS is a classic reversal of roles story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)