|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie's grief nearly _______________ her.
2. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
3. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
4. How do the patients behave in their senility?
5. What coincides in Annie's life to her mother's debilitation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in the book. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Alzheimer's Disease and all forms of dementia are met with intolerance from many in society. Do some research on the diseases and write an essay on the physical, emotional and cultural ramifications of these devastating illnesses for people and their families.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Annie's mother. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is important to her, if anything, at this point in her life?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)