|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie respond to the ways people try to comfort her?
2. What do the nurses dress the patients in at New Year's?
3. Annie recalls that there were many times she experienced _____________ with her mother.
4. What makes Annie especially sad about her mother's death?
5. Which of the following does Annie NOT do for her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2Guilt takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3The author uses several metaphors in telling her story. Define a metaphor. Identify at least two metaphors in the story and support your answers.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)