|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Blanche have such a hard time eating the cake Annie brings?
2. What is Blanche doing when Annie visits her in February?
3. How does Annie respond to the ways people try to comfort her?
4. Where must Blanche sit during Annie's Sunday visits with her now?
5. What does Annie find when she comes to see her mother one day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in the book. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
I REMAIN IN DARKNESS is a classic reversal of roles story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author provides her own perspective of the world throughout the story. Choose at least one situation in the book which also involves another person and create a brief synopsis of how he/she viewed the same situation.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)