|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Blanche make of Annie that breaks Annie's heart?
2. What does Annie regret doing regarding her mother?
3. What does Annie find in her mother's nightstand table drawer?
4. Annie remembers how her mother _________________ before she fell ill.
5. How does Annie describe the way her mother looked on Easter Day in April?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the story I REMAIN IN DARKNESS? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of girls and women in mid-20th century France. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
Alzheimer's Disease and all forms of dementia are met with intolerance from many in society. Do some research on the diseases and write an essay on the physical, emotional and cultural ramifications of these devastating illnesses for people and their families.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)