|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Blanche NOT exhibit after her hip surgery?
2. What does Annie note abut the nursing home?
3. What does Annie recall her mother telling Annie it was their duty to do?
4. Who did Blanche take Annie to visit in the hospital when Annie was a child?
5. What does Annie know about her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of girls and women in mid-20th century France. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the dynamic of the mother-daughter role. Why is this relationship such a critical one for girls? How does the relationship between Annie and her mother exhibit in flashbacks? How is the relationship characterized in current time?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)