|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Annie find she can do while grieving for her mother?
2. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
(a) I'm glad I still have Annie with me.
(b) The other one was prettier.
(c) She's not nearly as nice as the other one.
(d) Annie is so much like her sister.
3. What does Annie recall about her mother's temperament?
(a) She was very docile.
(b) She was extremely shy.
(c) She was always laughing.
(d) She had a violent temper.
4. What is an important motif in this chapter?
5. What is the one thing that remains of the mother that Annie once knew?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her laugh.
(d) Her smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie's mother often respond when she gives her a manicure?
2. What do the nurses dress the patients in at New Year's?
3. In what month is the first journal entry in this section?
4. In what does Annie find some small comfort related to her mother?
5. Annie remembers how her mother _________________ before she fell ill.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)