|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coincides in Annie's life to her mother's debilitation?
(a) The dissolution of her marriage.
(b) She is fired from her job.
(d) Her stocks crash.
2. What does Annie recall about her mother's temperament?
(a) She was very docile.
(b) She was extremely shy.
(c) She had a violent temper.
(d) She was always laughing.
3. Annie's grief nearly _______________ her.
4. On a shopping trip Annie sees a woman ____________________ who reminds her of her mother.
(a) Laughing at nothing.
(b) Talking to herself.
(c) Staring at the floor.
5. Who did Blanche take Annie to visit in the hospital when Annie was a child?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) An uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
2. How does Annie define her own emotional state at this time?
3. What does Annie want to do on the first Sunday that she does not go to visit her mother?
4. What words on the water bill reminds Annie of her mother's nickname?
5. What does Annie know about her mother?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)