|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's mother often respond when she gives her a manicure?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She smiles.
(c) She cries.
(d) She groans.
2. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
(a) Annie is so much like her sister.
(b) I'm glad I still have Annie with me.
(c) She's not nearly as nice as the other one.
(d) The other one was prettier.
3. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
(a) The pain is unbearable.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She doesn't feel anything.
(d) She is inconsolable.
4. What does Annie remember about her mother's physical presence?
(a) She was a real diva.
(b) She never pampered herself.
(c) She had beautiful hair.
(d) She was always overweight.
5. With what does Annie associate days in her life?
(a) Pictures on the calendar.
(b) Church bulletins.
(c) Bank statements.
(d) Days in her mother's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie states that her mother was ________________ by herself.
2. How does Annie feel knowing that her mother is going to die?
3. Why does Blanche have such a hard time eating the cake Annie brings?
4. What cherished item of her mother's does Annie not know what to do with?
5. Annie's grief nearly _______________ her.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)