|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Annie's grief nearly _______________ her.
3. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
(a) The lobby.
(b) The nursery.
(c) The garden.
(d) The cafeteria.
4. On a shopping trip Annie sees a woman ____________________ who reminds her of her mother.
(b) Laughing at nothing.
(c) Talking to herself.
(d) Staring at the floor.
5. What is placed all over the institution where Blanche lives?
(d) Fire extinguishers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that remains of the mother that Annie once knew?
2. Why does Blanche have such a hard time eating the cake Annie brings?
3. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
4. How does Annie describe the way her mother looked on Easter Day in April?
5. What is an important motif in this chapter?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)