|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
(a) The pain is unbearable.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She doesn't feel anything.
(d) She is inconsolable.
2. How many years did Annie's mother wear gray or black clothing in mourning for her mother?
3. What happens once Annie decides to tell her mother's story?
(a) She is unable to write when she returns from her visits.
(b) She can't face her mother.
(c) She cries every day.
(d) She is very prolific.
4. How do the patients behave in their senility?
5. Annie remembers how her mother _________________ before she fell ill.
(a) Looked at her.
(b) Got her hair done.
(c) Played the piano.
(d) Gave great parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
2. On the anniversary of the day Annie met the man with whom she had an affair was the day she found her mother _____________________.
3. From what did Annie suffer when she was eighteen-years-old?
4. What does Blanche do when Annie visits on Easter Day in April?
5. What is the one thing that remains of the mother that Annie once knew?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)