|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Annie's mother the year Annie's grandmother died?
(a) She left her husband.
(b) She had a nervous breakdown.
(c) She went through menopause.
(d) She was in a car accident.
2. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
(a) Annie is so much like her sister.
(b) She's not nearly as nice as the other one.
(c) The other one was prettier.
(d) I'm glad I still have Annie with me.
3. What is an important motif in this chapter?
4. Writing about her mother is a good way for Annie to do what?
(a) Tell an accurate story.
(b) Hold on to her.
(c) Improve her writing technique.
(d) Improve her memory.
5. Which of the following does Annie find she can do while grieving for her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie dream of regarding her mother?
2. Where must Blanche sit during Annie's Sunday visits with her now?
3. From what did Annie suffer when she was eighteen-years-old?
4. Annie states that her mother was ________________ by herself.
5. What does Annie bring each time she visits her mother?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)