|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Annie's mother NOT do?
(a) Goes to the bathroom in her underwear.
(b) Hides her soiled clothing.
(c) Talks to imaginary people.
(d) Dials psychic hotline numbers.
2. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
3. On what month does this chapter focus?
4. Of what is Annie reminded when her mother puts on two bras at one time?
(a) A Las Vegas act.
(b) An argument she had with her mother once.
(c) A small child.
(d) A cartoon character.
5. Annie's book talks about the juxtaposition of _______________.
(a) The right.
(c) The beginning.
(d) The left.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Annie's mother been injured?
2. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
3. Annie feels emotional and _____________ connections with her mother.
4. Whose changes does Annie describe?
5. Blanche has always had a fear of poverty and ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What event in Annie's life parallels her mother's decline?
2. Why is Annie conflicted by reading and writing about her mother after her death?
3. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
4. How is the theme of role reversal explained as the story extends?
5. How does Annie feel guilty about her mother's "darkness?"
6. What happens between Annie and her mother which is heartbreaking for Annie?
7. What is Annie's reaction to seeing her mother behaving is such unusual ways?
8. Describe the thoughts that Annie has of the circle of life concept.
9. What is the focus of this chapter?
10. What is the purpose of the Preface in I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)