|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Annie's mother injured?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) Last year.
(c) A couple days ago.
(d) Ten years ago.
2. How many bras does Annie's mother put on at one time?
3. How do Annie's sons react when visitors laugh at Blanche?
(a) They laugh too.
(b) They cry.
(c) They are offended.
(d) They reprimand them.
4. Why does Annie's mother buy such an expensive handbag?
(a) It will be her last one.
(b) She is going out and wants to look nice.
(c) She wants it to last forever.
(d) It coordinates with everything.
5. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her sister's.
(c) Her own.
(d) Her sons'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie's mother want to buy?
2. Which of the following does Annie NOT note about the hospital?
3. What is a major motif in this chapter?
4. When Annie was young, she believed her mother _________________.
5. Annie's mother puts on more than one ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the irony of Annie's mother's comments as they relate to the events in Annie's life.
2. How does Annie's mother begin to show violent tendencies?
3. What are Annie's plans for the notes she takes during her mother's illness?
4. What is Annie reminded of when she visits her mother after a trip to Spain?
5. In what way does Annie feel indifferent toward her mother?
6. Why is Annie conflicted by reading and writing about her mother after her death?
7. What was the nickname Annie gave her mother when she was only five-years-old?
8. What is Annie reminded of when her mother puts on two bras at one time?
9. What event in Annie's life parallels her mother's decline?
10. What notes does Annie make about her mother on Easter Sunday?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)