|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Her mother's physical state forces Annie to acknowledge _____________________.
(a) She probably inherited this.
(b) Her own mortality.
(c) The ultimate death of her mother.
(d) She needs better doctors.
2. When was Annie's mother injured?
(a) Last year.
(b) Ten years ago.
(c) Two years ago.
(d) A couple days ago.
3. Where does Annie's mother get lost?
(a) In the house.
(b) At church.
(c) At the mall.
(d) In the neighborhood.
4. Which of the following elements does Annie not document regarding her mother's illness?
(c) Bodily functions.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Blanche?
(a) She wets the bed.
(b) She needs lots of care.
(c) She loves situation comedies.
(d) She has accidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Annie, who else lives in the home when Annie's mother comes to live there?
2. On what month does this chapter focus?
3. How much content did Annie create with each diary entry?
4. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
5. What does Annie's mother lose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the irony of Annie's mother's comments as they relate to the events in Annie's life.
2. What event in Annie's life parallels her mother's decline?
3. What personal identity issues does Annie have regarding her birth and the death of her sister?
4. What connection does Annie make between writing and memory?
5. Name some of the memory-related problems Annie's mother experiences during this time.
6. What are some of the items that Annie notes that belong to her mother and how does she plan to get rid of them?
7. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
8. What is the significance of Annie's mother dying on Easter Sunday?
9. How does Annie feel when she sees a woman talking to herself while shopping?
10. What notes does Annie make about her mother on Easter Sunday?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)