|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Annie's mother NOT do?
(a) Goes to the bathroom in her underwear.
(b) Talks to imaginary people.
(c) Hides her soiled clothing.
(d) Dials psychic hotline numbers.
2. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
(a) She teaches Alzheimer's support classes.
(b) She bases her book on them.
(c) She documents her pregnancy.
(d) She teaches journaling classes.
3. Annie states that "The body I see ________________."
(a) Is beautiful.
(b) Is also mine.
(c) Is a memory.
(d) Is repugnant to me.
4. Whose changes does Annie describe?
(a) Her younger son's.
(b) Her husband's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her own.
5. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
(a) Doesn't like living in somebody else's house.
(b) Becomes very ill and needs special care.
(c) Is scared at the house.
(d) Doesn't like living alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The handbag that Annie's mother buys is made of _____________.
2. When does Annie's mother approach her about being ashamed of Annie's behavior?
3. On what month does this chapter focus?
4. Who is embarrassed by Annie's mother's behavior in the department store?
5. In addition to Annie, who else lives in the home when Annie's mother comes to live there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annie say about the roommates her mother has in the hospital?
2. What notes does Annie make about the death of her mother on April 7?
3. What is the focus of this chapter?
4. What is Annie reminded of when she visits her mother after a trip to Spain?
5. How does Annie take care of her mother's physical needs and how does her mother's condition affect her?
6. How did Annie's grandmother's death affect Annie's mother?
7. What does Annie recall as the last sentence her mother ever wrote?
8. What mixed feelings does Annie have about her mother's "voice" in her head?
9. Describe the feeling of nothingness that Annie experiences after the death of her mother?
10. What is the purpose of the Preface in I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)