|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Blanche's needs change she is moved to ________________.
(a) Intensive care unit.
(b) An assisted living apartment.
(c) A geriatric ward.
(d) A mental hospital.
2. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
3. When does Annie's mother make exaggerated moves?
(a) When she crosses the street.
(b) When she walks up steps.
(c) When she gets out of bed.
(d) When she walks onto carpet.
4. Where does Annie's mother get lost?
(a) In the neighborhood.
(b) At the mall.
(c) In the house.
(d) At church.
5. What color is the handbag that Annie's mother buys?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason for the argument about a bra between Annie and her mother?
2. Which of the following elements does Annie not document regarding her mother's illness?
3. Whose changes does Annie describe?
4. What is Annie's mother's name?
5. When is Annie's patience most tested with her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the process of writing this book cathartic for Annie?
2. What event in Annie's life parallels her mother's decline?
3. What surprises Annie about the handbag purchase her mother makes?
4. Does Annie believe she can do justice to her mother's ordeal by writing about it?
5. What does the author mean by everything being in the past tense now?
6. Explain the irony of Annie's mother's comments as they relate to the events in Annie's life.
7. What two themes become evident in this chapter?
8. Explain Annie's conflicted feelings when leaving her mother at the elevator in the hospital?
9. Name some of the memory-related problems Annie's mother experiences during this time.
10. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)