|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is the title of the book based?
(a) A scream in a hospital.
(b) A sentence written by someone.
(c) A phrase uttered during a dream.
(d) A line in a poem.
2. Annie's mother puts on more than one ___________.
3. Annie feels more indifferent than angry at her mother's ________________.
(a) Bodily functions.
(c) Eating habits.
(d) Loss of memory.
4. How do Annie's sons react when visitors laugh at Blanche?
(a) They reprimand them.
(b) They laugh too.
(c) They are offended.
(d) They cry.
5. Blanche has always had a fear of poverty and ____________.
(c) Tall buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Annie's mother been injured?
2. What does Annie make her mother wear?
3. Of what is Annie reminded when her mother puts on two bras at one time?
4. Annie's story addresses the changing role of _________________.
5. One of Blanche's roommates is __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annie recall about her mother's temperament?
2. On what does Annie base the title of the book?
3. Name some of the disturbing behaviors exhibited by Annie's mother.
4. How does Annie manage her mother's care when she begins to decline?
5. What event in Annie's life parallels her mother's decline?
6. How do Annie and her sons get offended by the behavior of visitors?
7. How is the theme of role reversal explained as the story extends?
8. What surprises Annie about the handbag purchase her mother makes?
9. How does Annie describe the nursing home?
10. What two themes become evident in this chapter?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)