|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie's mother lose?
(a) Her house keys.
(b) Her memory.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her purse.
2. Who does Annie bring into her home to live?
(a) Her stepson.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her mother-in-law.
(d) Her sister.
3. Annie's book makes a connection between writing and ____________________.
(d) The creative process.
4. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
(a) Is scared at the house.
(b) Becomes very ill and needs special care.
(c) Doesn't like living alone.
(d) Doesn't like living in somebody else's house.
5. What is the purpose of the Preface?
(a) The author gives acknowledgements.
(b) The author provides her resume.
(c) The author summarizes events.
(d) The author tells her personal history.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what year does this chapter focus?
2. Of what is Annie reminded when her mother puts on two bras at one time?
3. Annie states that "The body I see ________________."
4. Annie would rather accept her mother's ____________ instead of her death.
5. What does Annie make her mother wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the feeling of nothingness that Annie experiences after the death of her mother?
2. What sorts of things does Annie do to take care of her mother's physical needs?
3. What does it mean for Annie when her mother recognizes her?
4. What gesture does Annie's mother make that reminds Annie of her mother's personality?
5. How did Annie's grandmother's death affect Annie's mother?
6. What are Annie's plans for the notes she takes during her mother's illness?
7. What is Annie's reaction to seeing her mother behaving is such unusual ways?
8. What mixed feelings does Annie have about her mother's "voice" in her head?
9. Name some of the odd functional behavior exhibited by Annie's mother during her illness.
10. What physical pain does Annie develop in response to her mother's illness?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)