|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what month does this chapter focus?
2. Which of the following does Annie not do for her mother while she is in the hospital?
(a) Iron her clothes.
(b) Comb her hair.
(c) Shave her face.
(d) Clip her nails.
3. Why does Annie's mother buy such an expensive handbag?
(a) It will be her last one.
(b) She wants it to last forever.
(c) It coordinates with everything.
(d) She is going out and wants to look nice.
4. Whose changes does Annie describe?
(a) Her own.
(b) Her younger son's.
(c) Her husband's.
(d) Her mother's.
5. What is an important theme in the book?
(a) The power of memory.
(c) Coming of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons does Annie have?
2. How do Annie's sons react when visitors laugh at Blanche?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Blanche?
4. Annie has to remind herself that the situation with her mother ___________________.
5. How many bras does Annie's mother put on at one time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Annie believe she can do justice to her mother's ordeal by writing about it?
2. How does Annie try to come to terms with the idea that her mother will die?
3. What does the author mean by everything being in the past tense now?
4. What is the unexpected gesture from her mother that surprises and touches Annie?
5. What are some of the items that Annie notes that belong to her mother and how does she plan to get rid of them?
6. How does Annie's mother embarrass a sales clerk in a department store?
7. What personal identity issues does Annie have regarding her birth and the death of her sister?
8. How does Annie's mother begin to show violent tendencies?
9. When does Annie's mother first begin to show signs of deterioration?
10. What connection does Annie make between writing and memory?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)