|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is embarrassed by Annie's mother's behavior in the department store?
(b) Annie's father.
(c) A sales clerk.
(d) Annie's husband.
2. What is Annie's mother's name?
(a) Betty Duchesne.
(b) Blanche Duchesne.
(c) Blanche Duquesne.
(d) Blanche DuBois.
3. How many bras does Annie's mother put on at one time?
4. Annie finds herself feeling ____________ toward her mother.
5. How does Annie's mother sit?
(a) With her legs spread.
(b) With her mouth open.
(c) With her legs crossed.
(d) With one leg tucked under her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie's mother puts on more than one ___________.
2. When does Annie get the idea to publish her notes as a book?
3. Annie's book talks about the juxtaposition of _______________.
4. Annie has to remind herself that the situation with her mother ___________________.
5. Which of the following does Annie not do for her mother while she is in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Annie's mother dying on Easter Sunday?
2. Does Annie believe she can do justice to her mother's ordeal by writing about it?
3. What is the purpose of the Preface in I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
4. Name some of the odd functional behavior exhibited by Annie's mother during her illness.
5. How does Annie take care of her mother's physical needs and how does her mother's condition affect her?
6. How did Annie's grandmother's death affect Annie's mother?
7. What two themes become evident in this chapter?
8. What was the nickname Annie gave her mother when she was only five-years-old?
9. What surprises Annie about the handbag purchase her mother makes?
10. What are Annie's plans for the notes she takes during her mother's illness?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)