|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Annie not do for her mother while she is in the hospital?
(a) Clip her nails.
(b) Comb her hair.
(c) Shave her face.
(d) Iron her clothes.
2. Annie would rather accept her mother's ____________ instead of her death.
3. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
(a) Doesn't like living alone.
(b) Is scared at the house.
(c) Doesn't like living in somebody else's house.
(d) Becomes very ill and needs special care.
4. How much content did Annie create with each diary entry?
(a) At least a chapter.
(c) Pages of paragraphs at a time.
(d) Two or three chapters at a time.
5. What reaction does Annie's mother cause in the department store?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Blanche's needs change she is moved to ________________.
2. In what circumstance does Blanche ironically ask Annie a question?
3. When Annie was young, she believed her mother _________________.
4. Who wrote the sentence, "I remain in darkness?"
5. Which of the following does Annie's mother NOT do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name some of the odd functional behavior exhibited by Annie's mother during her illness.
2. What is Annie's reaction to seeing her mother behaving is such unusual ways?
3. How does Annie manage her mother's care when she begins to decline?
4. Describe the thoughts that Annie has of the circle of life concept.
5. How does Annie describe the nursing home?
6. What notes does Annie make about her mother on Easter Sunday?
7. Why is Annie conflicted by reading and writing about her mother after her death?
8. What is the purpose of the Preface in I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
9. What gesture does Annie's mother make that reminds Annie of her mother's personality?
10. What emotional motifs are repeated throughout I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)