|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bras does Annie's mother put on at one time?
2. When is Annie's patience most tested with her mother?
(a) Keeping her clean after she defecates and wets the bed.
(b) Keeping her from making long distance calls to strangers.
(c) Making her keep her clothes on.
(d) Trying to style her thin hair.
3. How do Annie's sons react when visitors laugh at Blanche?
(a) They are offended.
(b) They laugh too.
(c) They reprimand them.
(d) They cry.
4. Annie's book makes a connection between writing and ____________________.
(b) The creative process.
5. The handbag that Annie's mother buys is made of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie's mother sit?
2. Annie's story explores the connection between ___________________.
3. What does Annie's mother want to buy?
4. Whose changes does Annie describe?
5. Which of the following does Annie NOT note about the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annie's mother's body make her aware of her own aging process?
2. How does Annie feel guilty about her mother's "darkness?"
3. How is the theme of role reversal explained as the story extends?
4. Name some of the memory-related problems Annie's mother experiences during this time.
5. How does Annie take care of her mother's physical needs and how does her mother's condition affect her?
6. What does Annie recall about her mother's temperament?
7. Explain what Annie means by associating days in her own life with days in her mother's life.
8. Describe the feeling of nothingness that Annie experiences after the death of her mother?
9. What is Annie's reaction to seeing her mother behaving is such unusual ways?
10. What personal identity issues does Annie have regarding her birth and the death of her sister?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)