|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Annie when she had an argument with her mother about a bra?
2. Annie notes that Blanche's body __________________.
(a) Is getting fat.
(b) Is losing weight.
(c) Is very rough.
(d) Has no strength or firmness.
3. What color is the handbag that Annie's mother buys?
4. What was the reason for the argument about a bra between Annie and her mother?
(a) Annie would not wear a bra.
(b) Annie wore a bra without permission.
(c) Annie bought a strapless bra.
(d) Annie bought a red bra.
5. Who wrote the sentence, "I remain in darkness?"
(a) Annie's older son.
(b) Annie's sister.
(d) Annie's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie make her mother wear?
2. Which of the following does Annie NOT note about the hospital?
3. Why does Annie's mother buy such an expensive handbag?
4. What physical manifestation does Annie experience as a result of her mother's decline?
5. Where does Annie's mother go to live after she stays at Annie's house for awhile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sorts of things does Annie do to take care of her mother's physical needs?
2. What does Annie recall as the last sentence her mother ever wrote?
3. Does Annie believe she can do justice to her mother's ordeal by writing about it?
4. What physical pain does Annie develop in response to her mother's illness?
5. In what way does Annie feel indifferent toward her mother?
6. What does Annie say about the roommates her mother has in the hospital?
7. Why is Annie conflicted by reading and writing about her mother after her death?
8. What connection does Annie make between writing and memory?
9. What are Annie's plans for the notes she takes during her mother's illness?
10. Explain what Annie means by associating days in her own life with days in her mother's life.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)