|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie's story explores the connection between ___________________.
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Mother and daughter.
2. With what does Annie come to terms in this book?
(b) A new job.
(c) Memories of her mother.
3. What physical manifestation does Annie experience as a result of her mother's decline?
(a) Stomach pains.
(b) Dizzy spells.
4. Annie notes that Blanche's body __________________.
(a) Is losing weight.
(b) Has no strength or firmness.
(c) Is very rough.
(d) Is getting fat.
5. On what is the title of the book based?
(a) A phrase uttered during a dream.
(b) A sentence written by someone.
(c) A scream in a hospital.
(d) A line in a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what price range is the handbag that Annie's mother buys?
2. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
3. When Blanche's needs change she is moved to ________________.
4. Annie states that "The body I see ________________."
5. How do Annie's sons react when visitors laugh at Blanche?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean for Annie when her mother recognizes her?
2. What is Annie reminded of when she visits her mother after a trip to Spain?
3. How does Annie feel when she sees a woman talking to herself while shopping?
4. What sorts of things does Annie do to take care of her mother's physical needs?
5. What effect does Annie's mother's impending death have on Annie and her writing?
6. On what does Annie base the title of the book?
7. What are some of the items that Annie notes that belong to her mother and how does she plan to get rid of them?
8. What physical pain does Annie develop in response to her mother's illness?
9. How does Annie take care of her mother's physical needs and how does her mother's condition affect her?
10. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)