|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the handbag that Annie's mother buys?
2. On what year does this chapter focus?
3. How does Annie's mother sit?
(a) With her mouth open.
(b) With one leg tucked under her.
(c) With her legs crossed.
(d) With her legs spread.
4. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
5. What does Annie's mother lose?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her memory.
(d) Her house keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is the title of the book based?
2. What physical manifestation does Annie experience as a result of her mother's decline?
3. On what month does this chapter focus?
4. Annie notes that Blanche's body __________________.
5. In what circumstance does Blanche ironically ask Annie a question?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Annie means by associating days in her own life with days in her mother's life.
2. How does Annie feel guilty about her mother's "darkness?"
3. Describe the feeling of nothingness that Annie experiences after the death of her mother?
4. How does Annie feel when she sees a woman talking to herself while shopping?
5. What does Annie recall as the last sentence her mother ever wrote?
6. What does it mean for Annie when her mother recognizes her?
7. What happens between Annie and her mother which is heartbreaking for Annie?
8. What is the time period of this very short chapter?
9. What does the author mean by everything being in the past tense now?
10. What are Annie's plans for the notes she takes during her mother's illness?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)