|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Blanche been at the institution as of Easter Day in April?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 13 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. From what did Annie suffer when she was eighteen-years-old?
(c) Scarlet fever.
3. The nurses tell Annie that her mother is always talking about _______________.
(a) Her house.
(c) Soap opera characters.
(d) Old boyfriends.
4. What nickname did Annie give her mother when Annie was five-years-old?
(c) Ice cube.
5. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
(a) Her high spirits.
(b) Her volatile nature.
(c) Her hot temper.
(d) Her sense of style.
6. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
7. What is the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
(a) I remain in darkness.
(b) I smell coffee.
(c) This is a living hell.
(d) Life is so good.
8. Which of the following does Annie NOT do for her mother?
(a) Balances her checkbook.
(b) Shaves her face.
(c) Brings her cake.
(d) Trims her nails.
9. What does Annie remember about her mother's physical presence?
(a) She was always overweight.
(b) She was a real diva.
(c) She never pampered herself.
(d) She had beautiful hair.
10. Annie remembers how her mother _________________ before she fell ill.
(a) Played the piano.
(b) Got her hair done.
(c) Looked at her.
(d) Gave great parties.
11. What happened to Annie's mother the year Annie's grandmother died?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She went through menopause.
(c) She left her husband.
(d) She had a nervous breakdown.
12. Blanche calls out Annie's name for the first t
(a) A year.
(b) A couple of months.
(c) Three years.
(d) A few weeks.
13. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
(a) That she would die.
(b) That she never learned to drive.
(c) That she had an abortion.
(d) That she was Homecoming Queen.
14. How does Blanche say that she feels with Annie?
15. What do the nurses hand out to the patients?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is the first journal entry in this section?
2. Who did Blanche take Annie to visit in the hospital when Annie was a child?
3. With what does Annie associate days in her life?
4. What does Annie get in the mail that reminds her of her mother?
5. What is Blanche's reaction to Annie's return?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)