|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cherished item of her mother's does Annie not know what to do with?
(a) Faberge egg.
(b) Snowglobe collection.
(c) Sewing basket.
(d) Diamond ring.
2. What does Annie find when she comes to see her mother one day?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A pile of excrement.
(c) A caged bird.
(d) A piano.
3. On what day does Blanche die?
(a) November 7.
(b) April 6.
(c) December 13.
(d) May 7.
4. How long has Blanche been at the institution as of Easter Day in April?
(a) 13 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 months.
5. Annie's grief nearly _______________ her.
6. Which of the following does Blanche NOT exhibit after her hip surgery?
(a) Better mobility.
(b) Blank eyes.
(c) Twitching hands.
(d) Inability to eat.
7. How does Annie feel knowing that her mother is going to die?
8. What does Annie regret doing regarding her mother?
(a) Refusing to visit her.
(b) Not making her a birthday cake.
(c) Not bringing her new clothes.
(d) Writing a short story about her.
9. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
(a) Dresser drawer.
(b) The linen closet.
(c) The closet.
(d) The basement.
10. What does Annie note about her mother when she comes to visit her in October?
(a) She has a new dress.
(b) She has gained some weight.
(c) She doesn't recognize her mother.
(d) Her hair is dyed black.
11. How does Annie define her own emotional state at this time?
12. The nurses tell Annie that her mother is always talking about _______________.
(b) Her house.
(c) Old boyfriends.
(d) Soap opera characters.
13. What does Blanche do when Annie visits on Easter Day in April?
(a) Draws a picture.
(b) Pulls up her gown to expose herself.
(c) Recites a poem.
(d) Plays a piano.
14. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
(a) The nursery.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The lobby.
(d) The garden.
15. How does Annie feel when the elevator door shuts in her mother's face?
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit of Annie's mother's distresses Annie?
2. What does Annie bring each time she visits her mother?
3. Surgery prevents Annie from seeing her mother for how long?
4. What does Annie know about her mother?
5. Who did Blanche take Annie to visit in the hospital when Annie was a child?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)