|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname did Annie give her mother when Annie was five-years-old?
(a) Ice cube.
2. How does Blanche say that she feels with Annie?
3. On rare occasions, Blanche is ____________.
4. In what does Annie find some small comfort related to her mother?
(a) Remembering her mother's unique sayings.
(b) Reading some stories her mother had written.
(c) Seeing her mother smile at her.
(d) Listening to records she used to like.
5. How do the women in the nursing home behave?
(a) They are very friendly toward everybody.
(b) They shun each other.
(c) They go around in pairs.
(d) They always walk alone.
6. How does Annie's mother often respond when she gives her a manicure?
(a) She cries.
(b) She smiles.
(c) She groans.
(d) She falls asleep.
7. Annie states that her mother was ________________ by herself.
(b) In darkness.
8. What does Annie look at two weeks after her mother dies?
(a) A photo of her mother.
(b) Her mother's clothes.
(c) A tombstone.
(d) A new house.
9. What does Annie regret now that her mother is dead?
(a) She didn't buy the purse she wanted.
(b) She resented taking care of her.
(c) She swore at her.
(d) She didn't get closer to her.
10. Annie's grief nearly _______________ her.
11. How many years did Annie's mother wear gray or black clothing in mourning for her mother?
12. What did Annie feel was her role after her sister died?
(c) Grief counselor.
(d) Poor substitute.
13. What cherished item of her mother's does Annie not know what to do with?
(a) Diamond ring.
(b) Snowglobe collection.
(c) Sewing basket.
(d) Faberge egg.
14. What happened to Annie's mother the year Annie's grandmother died?
(a) She had a nervous breakdown.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She left her husband.
(d) She went through menopause.
15. What do the nurses hand out to the patients?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
2. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
3. What does Annie dream of regarding her mother?
4. What is Blanche's reaction to Annie's return?
5. What does Annie remember that makes her break down and cry?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)