|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Annie NOT do for her mother?
(a) Trims her nails.
(b) Balances her checkbook.
(c) Shaves her face.
(d) Brings her cake.
2. What makes Annie especially sad about her mother's death?
(a) She has to sell her house.
(b) She will never hear her mother's voice again.
(c) Looking at old photographs.
(d) Her mother's dog won't stop whimpering.
3. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
(a) That she had an abortion.
(b) That she never learned to drive.
(c) That she would die.
(d) That she was Homecoming Queen.
4. What does Annie dream of regarding her mother?
(a) That she is floating on clouds.
(b) That she is running through a maze.
(c) The similarities between her and her mother.
(d) That she has shredded carrots for hair.
5. What does Annie regret doing regarding her mother?
(a) Not making her a birthday cake.
(b) Refusing to visit her.
(c) Not bringing her new clothes.
(d) Writing a short story about her.
6. Annie remembers how her mother _________________ before she fell ill.
(a) Got her hair done.
(b) Played the piano.
(c) Looked at her.
(d) Gave great parties.
7. What do the nurses dress the patients in at New Year's?
(a) New hospital gowns.
(b) Tuxedos and ballgowns.
(c) Fancy clothes.
(d) Street clothes.
8. Annie recalls that there were many times she experienced _____________ with her mother.
9. What does Annie regret now that her mother is dead?
(a) She resented taking care of her.
(b) She swore at her.
(c) She didn't buy the purse she wanted.
(d) She didn't get closer to her.
10. How does Annie feel knowing that her mother is going to die?
11. Annie feels that her own life runs ___________ her mother's.
(a) Counter to.
(c) Ahead of.
(d) Parallel to.
12. How do the patients behave in their senility?
13. What does Annie know about her mother?
(a) She is going to die.
(b) She is recovering nicely.
(c) She needs more surgery.
(d) She is very beautiful.
14. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
(a) The garden.
(b) The lobby.
(c) The nursery.
(d) The cafeteria.
15. What happened to Annie's mother the year Annie's grandmother died?
(a) She had a nervous breakdown.
(b) She left her husband.
(c) She went through menopause.
(d) She was in a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Blanche NOT exhibit after her hip surgery?
2. On the anniversary of the day Annie met the man with whom she had an affair was the day she found her mother _____________________.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the cake that Annie brings for her mother to eat.
4. How does Annie plan to dispose of her mother's belongings?
5. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)