|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie thinks that she can't write anything with enough ______________ to describe her mother's ordeal.
2. What does Annie note about her mother when she comes to visit her in October?
(a) She has gained some weight.
(b) She has a new dress.
(c) She doesn't recognize her mother.
(d) Her hair is dyed black.
3. Blanche calls out Annie's name for the first t
(a) A few weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) A year.
(d) A couple of months.
4. When Annie projects into the future, she _____________________.
(a) Can envision her mother's funeral.
(b) Sees herself with grandchildren.
(c) Can see herself as her mother is now.
(d) Sees her sons going to college.
5. Annie's grief nearly _______________ her.
6. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
(a) That she had an abortion.
(b) That she was Homecoming Queen.
(c) That she would die.
(d) That she never learned to drive.
7. In what month is the first journal entry in this section?
8. On a shopping trip Annie sees a woman ____________________ who reminds her of her mother.
(a) Laughing at nothing.
(b) Talking to herself.
(d) Staring at the floor.
9. What is the one thing that remains of the mother that Annie once knew?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her laugh.
(d) Her smile.
10. How do the women in the nursing home behave?
(a) They shun each other.
(b) They always walk alone.
(c) They are very friendly toward everybody.
(d) They go around in pairs.
11. How many years did Annie's mother wear gray or black clothing in mourning for her mother?
12. How does Annie describe the way her mother looked on Easter Day in April?
13. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
(a) The nursery.
(b) The garden.
(c) The lobby.
(d) The cafeteria.
14. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
(a) She's not nearly as nice as the other one.
(b) The other one was prettier.
(c) I'm glad I still have Annie with me.
(d) Annie is so much like her sister.
15. How long has Blanche been at the institution as of Easter Day in April?
(a) 13 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie regret doing regarding her mother?
2. What does Annie note abut the nursing home?
3. How does Annie feel when the elevator door shuts in her mother's face?
4. In what does Annie find some small comfort related to her mother?
5. How does Annie feel knowing that her mother is going to die?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)