|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie feel that she lost regarding her other?
(d) sense of humor.
2. What nickname did Annie give her mother when Annie was five-years-old?
(d) Ice cube.
3. What makes Annie especially sad about her mother's death?
(a) She has to sell her house.
(b) Her mother's dog won't stop whimpering.
(c) Looking at old photographs.
(d) She will never hear her mother's voice again.
4. Which of the following does Annie find she can do while grieving for her mother?
5. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
(a) Her high spirits.
(b) Her sense of style.
(c) Her hot temper.
(d) Her volatile nature.
6. How does Annie feel knowing that her mother is going to die?
7. What does Annie recall about her mother's temperament?
(a) She was always laughing.
(b) She had a violent temper.
(c) She was very docile.
(d) She was extremely shy.
8. Which of the following does Annie NOT do for her mother?
(a) Brings her cake.
(b) Trims her nails.
(c) Shaves her face.
(d) Balances her checkbook.
9. What do the nurses hand out to the patients?
10. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
(a) The garden.
(b) The nursery.
(c) The lobby.
(d) The cafeteria.
11. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
(a) That she would die.
(b) That she was Homecoming Queen.
(c) That she had an abortion.
(d) That she never learned to drive.
12. How does Annie define her own emotional state at this time?
13. What does Annie recall that her mother did for even the smallest misbehavior?
(a) Spanked her.
(b) Screamed at her.
(c) Slapped her.
(d) Swore at her.
14. What happened to Annie's mother the year Annie's grandmother died?
(a) She went through menopause.
(b) She left her husband.
(c) She had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She was in a car accident.
15. With what does Annie associate days in her life?
(a) Church bulletins.
(b) Bank statements.
(c) Pictures on the calendar.
(d) Days in her mother's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what did Annie suffer when she was eighteen-years-old?
2. What does Annie regret now that her mother is dead?
3. What does Annie remember that makes her break down and cry?
4. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
5. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)