|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie feel was her role after her sister died?
(b) Poor substitute.
(d) Grief counselor.
2. Blanche calls out Annie's name for the first t
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A couple of months.
(c) A year.
(d) Three years.
3. Writing about her mother is a good way for Annie to do what?
(a) Hold on to her.
(b) Improve her memory.
(c) Improve her writing technique.
(d) Tell an accurate story.
4. What habit of Annie's mother's distresses Annie?
(a) Taking off her clothes.
(b) Rushing with her to the elevator and babbling.
(c) Picking her nose.
(d) Wearing her shoes in the shower.
5. How does Annie characterize her mother's personality when she was well?
6. In what month is the first journal entry in this section?
7. What does Annie regret doing regarding her mother?
(a) Not bringing her new clothes.
(b) Not making her a birthday cake.
(c) Writing a short story about her.
(d) Refusing to visit her.
8. Where must Blanche sit during Annie's Sunday visits with her now?
(a) In the TV room.
(b) On a bench.
(c) In her bed.
(d) In a wheelchair.
9. What does Annie note abut the nursing home?
(a) The bad art.
(b) The food.
(c) The smells.
(d) The cheap mattresses.
10. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
(a) Her high spirits.
(b) Her volatile nature.
(c) Her hot temper.
(d) Her sense of style.
11. How does Annie define her own emotional state at this time?
12. How does Blanche say that she feels with Annie?
13. What does Annie bring each time she visits her mother?
(c) Music CDs.
14. What does Blanche do when Annie visits on Easter Day in April?
(a) Draws a picture.
(b) Plays a piano.
(c) Recites a poem.
(d) Pulls up her gown to expose herself.
15. What words on the water bill reminds Annie of her mother's nickname?
(a) Sanitation services.
(b) Cubic meter.
(c) Delivery date.
(d) Gallons used.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie dream of regarding her mother?
2. What is Blanche doing when Annie visits her in February?
3. Who did Blanche take Annie to visit in the hospital when Annie was a child?
4. Annie feels that her own life runs ___________ her mother's.
5. What does Annie regret now that her mother is dead?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)