|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie feels that her own life runs ___________ her mother's.
(a) Counter to.
(b) Ahead of.
(d) Parallel to.
2. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
3. How does Annie respond to the ways people try to comfort her?
4. On the anniversary of the day Annie met the man with whom she had an affair was the day she found her mother _____________________.
(a) Tied to a chair.
(b) Sitting in a tub of ice.
(c) Walking down the street.
(d) Roaming the halls.
5. How does Annie feel when the elevator door shuts in her mother's face?
6. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
(a) That she would die.
(b) That she was Homecoming Queen.
(c) That she never learned to drive.
(d) That she had an abortion.
7. What happens once Annie decides to tell her mother's story?
(a) She cries every day.
(b) She is unable to write when she returns from her visits.
(c) She can't face her mother.
(d) She is very prolific.
8. How does Annie plan to dispose of her mother's belongings?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Put them in storage.
(c) Give them to charity.
(d) Sell them.
9. What does Annie remember about her mother's physical presence?
(a) She never pampered herself.
(b) She was a real diva.
(c) She had beautiful hair.
(d) She was always overweight.
10. In what month is the first journal entry in this section?
11. What do the nurses dress the patients in at New Year's?
(a) Fancy clothes.
(b) Street clothes.
(c) New hospital gowns.
(d) Tuxedos and ballgowns.
12. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is inconsolable.
(c) She doesn't feel anything.
(d) The pain is unbearable.
13. What does Annie get in the mail that reminds her of her mother?
(a) A birthday card.
(b) A water bill.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A credit card statement.
14. How does Blanche say that she feels with Annie?
15. With what does Annie associate days in her life?
(a) Pictures on the calendar.
(b) Days in her mother's life.
(c) Bank statements.
(d) Church bulletins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Blanche calls out Annie's name for the first t
2. Who did Blanche take Annie to visit in the hospital when Annie was a child?
3. Annie notes that she talks about her mother _________________.
4. From what did Annie suffer when she was eighteen-years-old?
5. What does Annie look at two weeks after her mother dies?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)