|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie remembers how her mother _________________ before she fell ill.
(a) Gave great parties.
(b) Played the piano.
(c) Looked at her.
(d) Got her hair done.
2. Annie recalls that there were many times she experienced _____________ with her mother.
3. What does Annie know about her mother?
(a) She is recovering nicely.
(b) She is going to die.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She needs more surgery.
4. What is placed all over the institution where Blanche lives?
(c) Fire extinguishers.
5. What did Annie never tell her mother about?
(a) A miscarriage.
(b) A bank overdraft.
(c) A Vegas wedding.
(d) An abortion.
6. What habit of Annie's mother's distresses Annie?
(a) Picking her nose.
(b) Rushing with her to the elevator and babbling.
(c) Wearing her shoes in the shower.
(d) Taking off her clothes.
7. How does Annie feel knowing that her mother is going to die?
8. Why does Blanche have such a hard time eating the cake Annie brings?
(a) She can't stop coughing.
(b) She can't hold her fork properly.
(c) She can't find her mouth.
(d) She can't sit up.
9. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
(a) The linen closet.
(b) Dresser drawer.
(c) The closet.
(d) The basement.
10. The nurses tell Annie that her mother is always talking about _______________.
(a) Old boyfriends.
(b) Soap opera characters.
(c) Her house.
11. In what does Annie find some small comfort related to her mother?
(a) Remembering her mother's unique sayings.
(b) Listening to records she used to like.
(c) Seeing her mother smile at her.
(d) Reading some stories her mother had written.
12. What does Annie get in the mail that reminds her of her mother?
(a) A credit card statement.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A birthday card.
(d) A water bill.
13. Where must Blanche sit during Annie's Sunday visits with her now?
(a) In a wheelchair.
(b) In the TV room.
(c) In her bed.
(d) On a bench.
14. How does Blanche say that she feels with Annie?
15. What is an important motif in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Annie find she can do while grieving for her mother?
2. What does Annie want to do on the first Sunday that she does not go to visit her mother?
3. What happened to Annie's mother the year Annie's grandmother died?
4. Surgery prevents Annie from seeing her mother for how long?
5. Why does Annie feel guilty regarding her mother?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)