|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Writing about her mother is a good way for Annie to do what?
(a) Tell an accurate story.
(b) Improve her memory.
(c) Improve her writing technique.
(d) Hold on to her.
2. Why did Annie hide feces as a child?
(a) She was embarrassed.
(b) She didn't want to go to the outside toilet.
(c) She wanted to show her mother.
(d) She was confused.
3. What is Blanche's reaction to Annie's return?
(a) She does not say anything to her.
(b) She cries.
(c) She is happy to see her.
(d) She does not acknowledge her.
4. What coincides in Annie's life to her mother's debilitation?
(b) Her stocks crash.
(c) She is fired from her job.
(d) The dissolution of her marriage.
5. Annie feels that her own life runs ___________ her mother's.
(a) Ahead of.
(b) Parallel to.
(d) Counter to.
6. What cherished item of her mother's does Annie not know what to do with?
(a) Snowglobe collection.
(b) Sewing basket.
(c) Diamond ring.
(d) Faberge egg.
7. What makes Annie especially sad about her mother's death?
(a) She has to sell her house.
(b) Looking at old photographs.
(c) Her mother's dog won't stop whimpering.
(d) She will never hear her mother's voice again.
8. What does Annie recall her mother telling Annie it was their duty to do?
(a) Take food to shut-ins.
(b) Give coins to beggars.
(c) Volunteer at the hospital.
(d) Brush their hair 100 strokes before going to bed.
9. Which of the following does Annie NOT do for her mother?
(a) Balances her checkbook.
(b) Trims her nails.
(c) Brings her cake.
(d) Shaves her face.
10. Which of the following does NOT describe the cake that Annie brings for her mother to eat.
(a) Too dry.
(b) Too messy.
(c) Too moist.
(d) Too crumbly.
11. What happens to Blanche in September?
(a) She is allowed home visits.
(b) She breaks her hip.
(c) She gets a new hairstyle.
(d) She has heart surgery.
12. What does Blanche do when Annie bends down to secure the lock on Blanche's wheelchair?
(a) Spits on her.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Kisses her head.
(d) Swears at her.
13. What does Annie find when she comes to see her mother one day?
(a) A caged bird.
(b) A piano.
(c) A pile of excrement.
(d) A birthday party.
14. How does Blanche say that she feels with Annie?
15. What did Annie feel was her role after her sister died?
(a) Grief counselor.
(b) Poor substitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
2. What do the nurses dress the patients in at New Year's?
3. What happens once Annie decides to tell her mother's story?
4. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
5. Blanche calls out Annie's name for the first t
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)