|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
(a) The closet.
(b) The basement.
(c) The linen closet.
(d) Dresser drawer.
2. How do the women in the nursing home behave?
(a) They go around in pairs.
(b) They are very friendly toward everybody.
(c) They always walk alone.
(d) They shun each other.
3. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
(a) Her sense of style.
(b) Her volatile nature.
(c) Her high spirits.
(d) Her hot temper.
4. What is an important motif in this chapter?
5. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
(a) The lobby.
(b) The garden.
(c) The nursery.
(d) The cafeteria.
6. What does Annie note abut the nursing home?
(a) The bad art.
(b) The food.
(c) The cheap mattresses.
(d) The smells.
7. What is Blanche doing when Annie visits her in February?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Sitting in a wheelchair with her arm outstretched.
(c) Watching soap operas.
(d) Attending a Valentine's Day party.
8. Annie remembers how her mother _________________ before she fell ill.
(a) Played the piano.
(b) Got her hair done.
(c) Gave great parties.
(d) Looked at her.
9. What makes Annie especially sad about her mother's death?
(a) She has to sell her house.
(b) Her mother's dog won't stop whimpering.
(c) She will never hear her mother's voice again.
(d) Looking at old photographs.
10. Surgery prevents Annie from seeing her mother for how long?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) One month.
11. What cherished item of her mother's does Annie not know what to do with?
(a) Snowglobe collection.
(b) Diamond ring.
(c) Faberge egg.
(d) Sewing basket.
12. What words on the water bill reminds Annie of her mother's nickname?
(a) Gallons used.
(b) Cubic meter.
(c) Delivery date.
(d) Sanitation services.
13. Why did Annie hide feces as a child?
(a) She was embarrassed.
(b) She was confused.
(c) She wanted to show her mother.
(d) She didn't want to go to the outside toilet.
14. Which of the following does Blanche NOT exhibit after her hip surgery?
(a) Twitching hands.
(b) Blank eyes.
(c) Better mobility.
(d) Inability to eat.
15. How long has Blanche been at the institution as of Easter Day in April?
(a) 13 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Writing about her mother is a good way for Annie to do what?
2. What request does Blanche make of Annie that breaks Annie's heart?
3. On what day does Blanche die?
4. What sentence does Annie decide she can never use in a fictional story?
5. What does Blanche do when Annie visits on Easter Day in April?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)