|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit of Annie's mother's distresses Annie?
(a) Rushing with her to the elevator and babbling.
(b) Picking her nose.
(c) Taking off her clothes.
(d) Wearing her shoes in the shower.
2. Which of the following does Annie find she can do while grieving for her mother?
3. Annie recalls that there were many times she experienced _____________ with her mother.
4. In what does Annie find some small comfort related to her mother?
(a) Seeing her mother smile at her.
(b) Listening to records she used to like.
(c) Reading some stories her mother had written.
(d) Remembering her mother's unique sayings.
5. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
(a) Her sense of style.
(b) Her hot temper.
(c) Her volatile nature.
(d) Her high spirits.
6. On rare occasions, Blanche is ____________.
7. Writing about her mother is a good way for Annie to do what?
(a) Hold on to her.
(b) Improve her memory.
(c) Tell an accurate story.
(d) Improve her writing technique.
8. On what day does Blanche die?
(a) December 13.
(b) May 7.
(c) November 7.
(d) April 6.
9. What does Annie remember about her mother's physical presence?
(a) She never pampered herself.
(b) She was a real diva.
(c) She was always overweight.
(d) She had beautiful hair.
10. What does Annie feel that she lost regarding her other?
(c) sense of humor.
11. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
(a) That she never learned to drive.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she would die.
(d) That she was Homecoming Queen.
12. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
(a) She is inconsolable.
(b) The pain is unbearable.
(c) She doesn't feel anything.
(d) She is relieved.
13. Surgery prevents Annie from seeing her mother for how long?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Three weeks.
14. Who did Blanche take Annie to visit in the hospital when Annie was a child?
(a) An uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Her grandmother.
15. How does Annie's mother often respond when she gives her a manicure?
(a) She cries.
(b) She smiles.
(c) She falls asleep.
(d) She groans.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What do the nurses hand out to the patients?
3. How do the women in the nursing home behave?
4. How does Annie describe the way her mother looked on Easter Day in April?
5. What nickname did Annie give her mother when Annie was five-years-old?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)