|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie regret now that her mother is dead?
(a) She swore at her.
(b) She didn't get closer to her.
(c) She didn't buy the purse she wanted.
(d) She resented taking care of her.
2. What makes Annie especially sad about her mother's death?
(a) Her mother's dog won't stop whimpering.
(b) Looking at old photographs.
(c) She will never hear her mother's voice again.
(d) She has to sell her house.
3. What request does Blanche make of Annie that breaks Annie's heart?
(a) To take her away from the hospital.
(b) To tell her a story.
(c) To comb her hair.
(d) To sing her a lullaby.
4. What does Annie find in her mother's nightstand table drawer?
(a) A picture of Annie.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A turd.
(d) Nail clippers.
5. What does Blanche do when Annie bends down to secure the lock on Blanche's wheelchair?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Spits on her.
(c) Swears at her.
(d) Kisses her head.
6. What words on the water bill reminds Annie of her mother's nickname?
(a) Delivery date.
(b) Cubic meter.
(c) Sanitation services.
(d) Gallons used.
7. What did Annie feel was her role after her sister died?
(b) Grief counselor.
(c) Poor substitute.
8. What nickname did Annie give her mother when Annie was five-years-old?
(c) Ice cube.
9. How does Annie describe the way her mother looked on Easter Day in April?
10. What is an important motif in this chapter?
11. What sentence does Annie decide she can never use in a fictional story?
(a) I had an abortion.
(b) My mother is dead.
(c) I have big feet.
(d) I hated my mother.
12. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) The pain is unbearable.
(c) She doesn't feel anything.
(d) She is inconsolable.
13. From what did Annie suffer when she was eighteen-years-old?
(b) Scarlet fever.
14. Surgery prevents Annie from seeing her mother for how long?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two months.
15. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie know about her mother?
2. How does Blanche say that she feels with Annie?
3. The nurses tell Annie that her mother is always talking about _______________.
4. What happens once Annie decides to tell her mother's story?
5. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)