|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
(a) The linen closet.
(b) Dresser drawer.
(c) The closet.
(d) The basement.
2. What does Blanche do when Annie visits on Easter Day in April?
(a) Recites a poem.
(b) Plays a piano.
(c) Draws a picture.
(d) Pulls up her gown to expose herself.
3. What does Annie dream of regarding her mother?
(a) That she has shredded carrots for hair.
(b) That she is running through a maze.
(c) That she is floating on clouds.
(d) The similarities between her and her mother.
4. What does Annie note abut the nursing home?
(a) The food.
(b) The smells.
(c) The bad art.
(d) The cheap mattresses.
5. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
(a) Her high spirits.
(b) Her hot temper.
(c) Her volatile nature.
(d) Her sense of style.
6. Annie recalls that there were many times she experienced _____________ with her mother.
7. What does Annie recall her mother telling Annie it was their duty to do?
(a) Take food to shut-ins.
(b) Give coins to beggars.
(c) Volunteer at the hospital.
(d) Brush their hair 100 strokes before going to bed.
8. Why did Annie hide feces as a child?
(a) She didn't want to go to the outside toilet.
(b) She was embarrassed.
(c) She wanted to show her mother.
(d) She was confused.
9. What habit of Annie's mother's distresses Annie?
(a) Taking off her clothes.
(b) Rushing with her to the elevator and babbling.
(c) Wearing her shoes in the shower.
(d) Picking her nose.
10. What does Annie regret doing regarding her mother?
(a) Refusing to visit her.
(b) Writing a short story about her.
(c) Not bringing her new clothes.
(d) Not making her a birthday cake.
11. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
(a) That she had an abortion.
(b) That she was Homecoming Queen.
(c) That she would die.
(d) That she never learned to drive.
12. What does Annie find in her mother's nightstand table drawer?
(a) A turd.
(b) A picture of Annie.
(c) A Bible.
(d) Nail clippers.
13. Annie states that her mother was ________________ by herself.
(c) In darkness.
14. How does Annie characterize her mother's personality when she was well?
15. What is an important motif in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie feel that she lost regarding her other?
2. What happened to Annie's mother the year Annie's grandmother died?
3. How do the patients behave in their senility?
4. What is the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
5. How does Annie's mother often respond when she gives her a manicure?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)