|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie get in the mail that reminds her of her mother?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A water bill.
(c) A credit card statement.
(d) A birthday card.
2. How does Annie feel when the elevator door shuts in her mother's face?
3. What does Annie find in her mother's nightstand table drawer?
(a) A turd.
(b) A picture of Annie.
(c) A Bible.
(d) Nail clippers.
4. What happened to Annie's mother the year Annie's grandmother died?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She left her husband.
(c) She went through menopause.
(d) She had a nervous breakdown.
5. How does Annie describe the way her mother looked on Easter Day in April?
6. Writing about her mother is a good way for Annie to do what?
(a) Improve her memory.
(b) Tell an accurate story.
(c) Improve her writing technique.
(d) Hold on to her.
7. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
(a) Dresser drawer.
(b) The basement.
(c) The linen closet.
(d) The closet.
8. Annie remembers how her mother _________________ before she fell ill.
(a) Looked at her.
(b) Got her hair done.
(c) Gave great parties.
(d) Played the piano.
9. What does Annie note about her mother when she comes to visit her in October?
(a) She has a new dress.
(b) She has gained some weight.
(c) She doesn't recognize her mother.
(d) Her hair is dyed black.
10. What does Annie want to do on the first Sunday that she does not go to visit her mother?
(a) She takes a nap.
(b) She does not know what to do.
(c) She goes to a movie.
(d) She reads a novel.
11. From what did Annie suffer when she was eighteen-years-old?
(c) Scarlet fever.
12. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
(a) That she had an abortion.
(b) That she never learned to drive.
(c) That she was Homecoming Queen.
(d) That she would die.
13. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
(a) The pain is unbearable.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is inconsolable.
(d) She doesn't feel anything.
14. What request does Blanche make of Annie that breaks Annie's heart?
(a) To comb her hair.
(b) To take her away from the hospital.
(c) To sing her a lullaby.
(d) To tell her a story.
15. Why did Annie hide feces as a child?
(a) She didn't want to go to the outside toilet.
(b) She was confused.
(c) She wanted to show her mother.
(d) She was embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cherished item of her mother's does Annie not know what to do with?
2. What does Blanche do when Annie visits on Easter Day in April?
3. What is Blanche doing when Annie visits her in February?
4. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
5. How do the patients behave in their senility?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)