|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Blanche in September?
(a) She breaks her hip.
(b) She has heart surgery.
(c) She is allowed home visits.
(d) She gets a new hairstyle.
2. What happened to Annie's mother the year Annie's grandmother died?
(a) She had a nervous breakdown.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She left her husband.
(d) She went through menopause.
3. How does Annie define her own emotional state at this time?
4. In what month is the first journal entry in this section?
5. What does Annie look at two weeks after her mother dies?
(a) A photo of her mother.
(b) A new house.
(c) A tombstone.
(d) Her mother's clothes.
6. What does Annie find in her mother's nightstand table drawer?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A turd.
(c) Nail clippers.
(d) A picture of Annie.
7. On the anniversary of the day Annie met the man with whom she had an affair was the day she found her mother _____________________.
(a) Tied to a chair.
(b) Sitting in a tub of ice.
(c) Walking down the street.
(d) Roaming the halls.
8. What does Annie want to do on the first Sunday that she does not go to visit her mother?
(a) She goes to a movie.
(b) She does not know what to do.
(c) She reads a novel.
(d) She takes a nap.
9. How does Annie feel knowing that her mother is going to die?
10. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
(a) The nursery.
(b) The lobby.
(c) The garden.
(d) The cafeteria.
11. What does Annie recall that her mother did for even the smallest misbehavior?
(a) Slapped her.
(b) Screamed at her.
(c) Swore at her.
(d) Spanked her.
12. On what day does Blanche die?
(a) November 7.
(b) May 7.
(c) December 13.
(d) April 6.
13. What is Blanche doing when Annie visits her in February?
(a) Attending a Valentine's Day party.
(b) Sitting in a wheelchair with her arm outstretched.
(c) Watching soap operas.
(d) Playing the piano.
14. On a shopping trip Annie sees a woman ____________________ who reminds her of her mother.
(a) Talking to herself.
(b) Laughing at nothing.
(d) Staring at the floor.
15. What cherished item of her mother's does Annie not know what to do with?
(a) Diamond ring.
(b) Faberge egg.
(c) Sewing basket.
(d) Snowglobe collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie regret doing regarding her mother?
2. How does Annie plan to dispose of her mother's belongings?
3. What did Annie never tell her mother about?
4. What nickname did Annie give her mother when Annie was five-years-old?
5. What does Annie dream of regarding her mother?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)