|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie recall about her mother's temperament?
(a) She was extremely shy.
(b) She was always laughing.
(c) She was very docile.
(d) She had a violent temper.
2. What happens to Blanche in September?
(a) She has heart surgery.
(b) She is allowed home visits.
(c) She gets a new hairstyle.
(d) She breaks her hip.
3. What do the nurses dress the patients in at New Year's?
(a) Tuxedos and ballgowns.
(b) New hospital gowns.
(c) Fancy clothes.
(d) Street clothes.
4. With what does Annie associate days in her life?
(a) Pictures on the calendar.
(b) Church bulletins.
(c) Bank statements.
(d) Days in her mother's life.
5. In what month is the first journal entry in this section?
6. Which of the following does Annie NOT do for her mother?
(a) Brings her cake.
(b) Balances her checkbook.
(c) Trims her nails.
(d) Shaves her face.
7. Which of the following does NOT describe the cake that Annie brings for her mother to eat.
(a) Too dry.
(b) Too moist.
(c) Too crumbly.
(d) Too messy.
8. Where must Blanche sit during Annie's Sunday visits with her now?
(a) In her bed.
(b) On a bench.
(c) In the TV room.
(d) In a wheelchair.
9. On the anniversary of the day Annie met the man with whom she had an affair was the day she found her mother _____________________.
(a) Sitting in a tub of ice.
(b) Walking down the street.
(c) Roaming the halls.
(d) Tied to a chair.
10. What is an important motif in this chapter?
11. How long has Blanche been at the institution as of Easter Day in April?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 13 months.
(d) 1 year.
12. What nickname did Annie give her mother when Annie was five-years-old?
(c) Ice cube.
13. On rare occasions, Blanche is ____________.
14. Annie notes that she talks about her mother _________________.
(a) In the past tense.
(b) To anyone who will listen.
(c) To no one.
15. When Annie projects into the future, she _____________________.
(a) Sees her sons going to college.
(b) Can see herself as her mother is now.
(c) Sees herself with grandchildren.
(d) Can envision her mother's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanche do when Annie bends down to secure the lock on Blanche's wheelchair?
2. What did Annie feel was her role after her sister died?
3. How do the patients behave in their senility?
4. What does Annie want to do on the first Sunday that she does not go to visit her mother?
5. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)