|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie dream of regarding her mother?
(a) That she is floating on clouds.
(b) The similarities between her and her mother.
(c) That she is running through a maze.
(d) That she has shredded carrots for hair.
2. Why did Annie hide feces as a child?
(a) She wanted to show her mother.
(b) She was confused.
(c) She was embarrassed.
(d) She didn't want to go to the outside toilet.
3. Annie remembers how her mother _________________ before she fell ill.
(a) Looked at her.
(b) Got her hair done.
(c) Played the piano.
(d) Gave great parties.
4. With what does Annie associate days in her life?
(a) Pictures on the calendar.
(b) Church bulletins.
(c) Bank statements.
(d) Days in her mother's life.
5. What does Annie note abut the nursing home?
(a) The cheap mattresses.
(b) The bad art.
(c) The food.
(d) The smells.
6. What is placed all over the institution where Blanche lives?
(a) Fire extinguishers.
7. What does Annie bring each time she visits her mother?
(d) Music CDs.
8. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
9. What did Annie feel was her role after her sister died?
(a) Grief counselor.
(b) Poor substitute.
10. What words on the water bill reminds Annie of her mother's nickname?
(a) Delivery date.
(b) Sanitation services.
(c) Cubic meter.
(d) Gallons used.
11. How does Annie respond to the ways people try to comfort her?
12. Annie feels that her own life runs ___________ her mother's.
(a) Parallel to.
(c) Counter to.
(d) Ahead of.
13. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
(a) The linen closet.
(b) Dresser drawer.
(c) The closet.
(d) The basement.
14. What does Annie remember that makes her break down and cry?
(a) The smell of her mother's face powder.
(b) How her mother used to hold her when she was upset.
(c) How her mother would play the piano.
(d) How pretty her mother was when she got dressed to go out.
15. What do the nurses dress the patients in at New Year's?
(a) Street clothes.
(b) Fancy clothes.
(c) Tuxedos and ballgowns.
(d) New hospital gowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. On rare occasions, Blanche is ____________.
2. What request does Blanche make of Annie that breaks Annie's heart?
3. What did Annie never tell her mother about?
4. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
5. How does Annie describe the way her mother looked on Easter Day in April?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)