Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cherished item of her mother's does Annie not know what to do with?
(a) Snowglobe collection.
(b) Faberge egg.
(c) Sewing basket.
(d) Diamond ring.
2. Why does Annie feel guilty regarding her mother?
(a) That she talked about her behind her back.
(b) That she couldn't care for her in her own home.
(c) That she never came home for Christmas holidays.
(d) That she swore at her.
3. What did Annie feel was her role after her sister died?
(a) Grief counselor.
(d) Poor substitute.
4. What does Annie dream of regarding her mother?
(a) That she has shredded carrots for hair.
(b) That she is floating on clouds.
(c) That she is running through a maze.
(d) The similarities between her and her mother.
5. Which of the following does Blanche NOT exhibit after her hip surgery?
(a) Better mobility.
(b) Twitching hands.
(c) Inability to eat.
(d) Blank eyes.
6. Annie remembers how her mother _________________ before she fell ill.
(a) Got her hair done.
(b) Looked at her.
(c) Played the piano.
(d) Gave great parties.
7. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The nursery.
(c) The lobby.
(d) The garden.
8. What does Annie know about her mother?
(a) She needs more surgery.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She is recovering nicely.
(d) She is going to die.
9. In what does Annie find some small comfort related to her mother?
(a) Reading some stories her mother had written.
(b) Remembering her mother's unique sayings.
(c) Listening to records she used to like.
(d) Seeing her mother smile at her.
10. What habit of Annie's mother's distresses Annie?
(a) Taking off her clothes.
(b) Wearing her shoes in the shower.
(c) Picking her nose.
(d) Rushing with her to the elevator and babbling.
11. What coincides in Annie's life to her mother's debilitation?
(a) She is fired from her job.
(c) The dissolution of her marriage.
(d) Her stocks crash.
12. How does Annie respond to the ways people try to comfort her?
13. What do the nurses hand out to the patients?
14. What does Annie remember that makes her break down and cry?
(a) How pretty her mother was when she got dressed to go out.
(b) The smell of her mother's face powder.
(c) How her mother used to hold her when she was upset.
(d) How her mother would play the piano.
15. What does Annie want to do on the first Sunday that she does not go to visit her mother?
(a) She takes a nap.
(b) She reads a novel.
(c) She goes to a movie.
(d) She does not know what to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the anniversary of the day Annie met the man with whom she had an affair was the day she found her mother _____________________.
2. What happens once Annie decides to tell her mother's story?
3. What sentence does Annie decide she can never use in a fictional story?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the cake that Annie brings for her mother to eat.
5. How do the patients behave in their senility?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)