|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the nurses hand out to the patients?
2. Blanche calls out Annie's name for the first t
(a) Three years.
(b) A year.
(c) A couple of months.
(d) A few weeks.
3. What makes Annie especially sad about her mother's death?
(a) Her mother's dog won't stop whimpering.
(b) She has to sell her house.
(c) She will never hear her mother's voice again.
(d) Looking at old photographs.
4. How long has Blanche been at the institution as of Easter Day in April?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 13 months.
5. What does Annie note abut the nursing home?
(a) The food.
(b) The cheap mattresses.
(c) The smells.
(d) The bad art.
6. Annie notes that she talks about her mother _________________.
(a) In the past tense.
(b) To anyone who will listen.
(d) To no one.
7. Annie feels that her own life runs ___________ her mother's.
(a) Ahead of.
(c) Parallel to.
(d) Counter to.
8. What does Blanche do when Annie bends down to secure the lock on Blanche's wheelchair?
(a) Swears at her.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Spits on her.
(d) Kisses her head.
9. With what does Annie associate days in her life?
(a) Pictures on the calendar.
(b) Church bulletins.
(c) Days in her mother's life.
(d) Bank statements.
10. What does Annie want to do on the first Sunday that she does not go to visit her mother?
(a) She reads a novel.
(b) She goes to a movie.
(c) She takes a nap.
(d) She does not know what to do.
11. How does Annie describe the way her mother looked on Easter Day in April?
12. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
(a) Her high spirits.
(b) Her volatile nature.
(c) Her sense of style.
(d) Her hot temper.
13. How does Annie characterize her mother's personality when she was well?
14. What words on the water bill reminds Annie of her mother's nickname?
(a) Gallons used.
(b) Delivery date.
(c) Cubic meter.
(d) Sanitation services.
15. In what does Annie find some small comfort related to her mother?
(a) Seeing her mother smile at her.
(b) Listening to records she used to like.
(c) Reading some stories her mother had written.
(d) Remembering her mother's unique sayings.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Annie thinks that she can't write anything with enough ______________ to describe her mother's ordeal.
3. What does Annie feel that she lost regarding her other?
4. What happened to Annie's mother the year Annie's grandmother died?
5. How do the women in the nursing home behave?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)