|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the nurses hand out to the patients?
2. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She doesn't feel anything.
(c) The pain is unbearable.
(d) She is inconsolable.
3. When Annie projects into the future, she _____________________.
(a) Can see herself as her mother is now.
(b) Can envision her mother's funeral.
(c) Sees herself with grandchildren.
(d) Sees her sons going to college.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the cake that Annie brings for her mother to eat.
(a) Too crumbly.
(b) Too messy.
(c) Too dry.
(d) Too moist.
5. Annie feels that her own life runs ___________ her mother's.
(b) Parallel to.
(c) Ahead of.
(d) Counter to.
6. Which of the following does Annie find she can do while grieving for her mother?
7. On what day does Blanche die?
(a) December 13.
(b) April 6.
(c) May 7.
(d) November 7.
8. From what country does Annie return at the beginning of this chapter?
9. Annie thinks that she can't write anything with enough ______________ to describe her mother's ordeal.
10. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
(a) I'm glad I still have Annie with me.
(b) Annie is so much like her sister.
(c) She's not nearly as nice as the other one.
(d) The other one was prettier.
11. How does Annie feel when the elevator door shuts in her mother's face?
12. What does Annie not believe about her mother?
(a) That she never learned to drive.
(b) That she was Homecoming Queen.
(c) That she would die.
(d) That she had an abortion.
13. Where do Annie and her mother sit while they visit at the hospital?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The garden.
(c) The nursery.
(d) The lobby.
14. How does Annie characterize her mother's personality when she was well?
15. Which of the following does Annie NOT do for her mother?
(a) Trims her nails.
(b) Shaves her face.
(c) Brings her cake.
(d) Balances her checkbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Blanche have such a hard time eating the cake Annie brings?
2. Annie recalls that there were many times she experienced _____________ with her mother.
3. What does Annie want to do on the first Sunday that she does not go to visit her mother?
4. What does Annie remember about her mother's physical presence?
5. What does Blanche do when Annie bends down to secure the lock on Blanche's wheelchair?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)