|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie respond to the ways people try to comfort her?
2. What cherished item of her mother's does Annie not know what to do with?
(a) Diamond ring.
(b) Sewing basket.
(c) Snowglobe collection.
(d) Faberge egg.
3. What does Blanche do when Annie visits on Easter Day in April?
(a) Plays a piano.
(b) Draws a picture.
(c) Recites a poem.
(d) Pulls up her gown to expose herself.
4. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
(a) The closet.
(b) Dresser drawer.
(c) The basement.
(d) The linen closet.
5. Why does Blanche have such a hard time eating the cake Annie brings?
(a) She can't stop coughing.
(b) She can't hold her fork properly.
(c) She can't sit up.
(d) She can't find her mouth.
6. How does Blanche say that she feels with Annie?
7. Which of the following does Annie NOT say she gets from her mother.
(a) Her hot temper.
(b) Her high spirits.
(c) Her volatile nature.
(d) Her sense of style.
8. What does Annie note about her mother when she comes to visit her in October?
(a) She has a new dress.
(b) She doesn't recognize her mother.
(c) Her hair is dyed black.
(d) She has gained some weight.
9. How long has Blanche been at the institution as of Easter Day in April?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 13 months.
(d) 3 years.
10. What is Annie's state of mind at her mother's death?
(a) She is inconsolable.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She doesn't feel anything.
(d) The pain is unbearable.
11. What happens once Annie decides to tell her mother's story?
(a) She is unable to write when she returns from her visits.
(b) She can't face her mother.
(c) She is very prolific.
(d) She cries every day.
12. When Annie projects into the future, she _____________________.
(a) Can envision her mother's funeral.
(b) Can see herself as her mother is now.
(c) Sees herself with grandchildren.
(d) Sees her sons going to college.
13. What does Annie know about her mother?
(a) She needs more surgery.
(b) She is recovering nicely.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She is going to die.
14. What happens to Blanche in September?
(a) She gets a new hairstyle.
(b) She has heart surgery.
(c) She breaks her hip.
(d) She is allowed home visits.
15. On the anniversary of the day Annie met the man with whom she had an affair was the day she found her mother _____________________.
(a) Tied to a chair.
(b) Roaming the halls.
(c) Walking down the street.
(d) Sitting in a tub of ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. On a shopping trip Annie sees a woman ____________________ who reminds her of her mother.
2. Annie feels that her own life runs ___________ her mother's.
3. What does Annie regret now that her mother is dead?
4. Blanche calls out Annie's name for the first t
5. What do the nurses hand out to the patients?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)