|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
(a) Takes notes.
(b) Takes Polaroids.
(c) Shoots video.
(d) Makes audio tapes.
2. Blanche has always had a fear of poverty and ____________.
(d) Tall buildings.
3. Annie's mother puts on more than one ___________.
4. What does Blanche put into her pockets?
(b) Kitty litter.
5. How many sons does Annie have?
6. One of Blanche's roommates reminds Annie of _____________________.
(a) A beauty queen.
(b) A comedian.
(c) A prison warden.
(d) A prisoner of Buchenwald.
7. Which of the following does NOT describe Blanche?
(a) She needs lots of care.
(b) She wets the bed.
(c) She loves situation comedies.
(d) She has accidents.
8. What physical manifestation does Annie experience as a result of her mother's decline?
(c) Stomach pains.
(d) Dizzy spells.
9. How do Annie's sons react when visitors laugh at Blanche?
(a) They laugh too.
(b) They reprimand them.
(c) They cry.
(d) They are offended.
10. What does Annie's mother lose?
(a) Her gloves.
(b) Her memory.
(c) Her house keys.
(d) Her purse.
11. On what month does this chapter focus?
12. What is it about her mother's physical appearance that is most distressing for Annie?
(a) Her vacant eyes.
(b) Her stringy hair.
(c) Her pale skin.
(d) Her wrinkles.
13. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her sister's.
(c) Her own.
(d) Her sons'.
14. What is Annie's mother's name?
(a) Blanche Duchesne.
(b) Betty Duchesne.
(c) Blanche Duquesne.
(d) Blanche DuBois.
15. What does Annie's mother want to buy?
(a) A handbag.
(b) A car.
(c) A springform pan.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alarms Annie about her mother's daily life?
2. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
3. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
4. Annie states that "The body I see ________________."
5. What reaction does Annie's mother cause in the department store?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)