|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie's mother buy such an expensive handbag?
(a) She is going out and wants to look nice.
(b) She wants it to last forever.
(c) It coordinates with everything.
(d) It will be her last one.
2. When Blanche's needs change she is moved to ________________.
(a) A mental hospital.
(b) Intensive care unit.
(c) An assisted living apartment.
(d) A geriatric ward.
3. Which member of Annie's family had been injured?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
4. Annie feels more indifferent than angry at her mother's ________________.
(b) Loss of memory.
(c) Bodily functions.
(d) Eating habits.
5. The handbag that Annie's mother buys is made of _____________.
6. What does Annie make her mother wear?
(a) Girdle and stockings.
7. What does Annie's mother want to buy?
(a) A handbag.
(b) A springform pan.
(c) A car.
(d) A house.
8. Annie's book talks about the juxtaposition of _______________.
(a) The right.
(b) The left.
(d) The beginning.
9. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
(a) Is scared at the house.
(b) Doesn't like living alone.
(c) Doesn't like living in somebody else's house.
(d) Becomes very ill and needs special care.
10. On what is the title of the book based?
(a) A phrase uttered during a dream.
(b) A scream in a hospital.
(c) A sentence written by someone.
(d) A line in a poem.
11. How much content did Annie create with each diary entry?
(a) Two or three chapters at a time.
(b) At least a chapter.
(d) Pages of paragraphs at a time.
12. What are Annie's intentions for her journal notes?
(a) She had no plans for them.
(b) She would share them with families of Alzheimer's Disease patients.
(c) She would share them with her family.
(d) She would publish a book.
13. Whose changes does Annie describe?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her own.
(c) Her husband's.
(d) Her younger son's.
14. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
(a) She bases her book on them.
(b) She teaches Alzheimer's support classes.
(c) She teaches journaling classes.
(d) She documents her pregnancy.
15. What is a major motif in this chapter?
(a) Role reversal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following has Blanche not done by the middle of 1984?
2. Who is Annie's mother walking with in the department store when she is laughing?
3. What is the purpose of the Preface?
4. Annie's story addresses the changing role of _________________.
5. Annie states that "The body I see ________________."
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)