|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie note about the hospital where her mother is staying?
(a) It's a lovely facility.
(b) It's beyond sadness.
(c) It's hell on earth.
(d) It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
2. Where does Annie's mother go to live after she stays at Annie's house for awhile?
(a) A full-time medical facility.
(b) An assisted living apartment.
(c) She returns to her own home.
(d) She dies.
3. Annie notes that Blanche's eyes are _________________.
(c) Red and sunken.
4. When was Annie's mother injured?
(a) Last year.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) A couple days ago.
(d) Ten years ago.
5. What does Annie's mother want to buy?
(a) A car.
(b) A handbag.
(c) A house.
(d) A springform pan.
6. Annie notes that Blanche's body __________________.
(a) Has no strength or firmness.
(b) Is losing weight.
(c) Is very rough.
(d) Is getting fat.
7. Annie comes to realize how ____________ memories are.
8. What does Annie describe in this chapter?
(a) Her Christmas decorations.
(b) The autumn leaves.
(c) Physical and mental changes.
(d) Her summer vacation.
9. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her sons'.
(b) Her sister's.
(c) Her own.
(d) Her mother's.
10. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
(a) Takes notes.
(b) Takes Polaroids.
(c) Makes audio tapes.
(d) Shoots video.
11. In what circumstance does Blanche ironically ask Annie a question?
(a) When she fell down stairs.
(b) When she has an appointment to file for divorce.
(c) When she failed her driver's test.
(d) When she wrecked the car.
12. When does Annie's mother approach her about being ashamed of Annie's behavior?
(a) When she slapped her son.
(b) When she wrecked the car.
(c) When she wrote a bad check.
(d) When she made love with a man not her husband.
13. Which of the following does Annie not do for her mother while she is in the hospital?
(a) Iron her clothes.
(b) Shave her face.
(c) Clip her nails.
(d) Comb her hair.
14. Annie feels emotional and _____________ connections with her mother.
15. When Blanche's needs change she is moved to ________________.
(a) A geriatric ward.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) Intensive care unit.
(d) An assisted living apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Annie's family had been injured?
2. Annie has to remind herself that the situation with her mother ___________________.
3. Which of the following has Blanche not done by the middle of 1984?
4. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
5. In what price range is the handbag that Annie's mother buys?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)