|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie make her mother wear?
(a) Girdle and stockings.
2. What does Annie's mother do as she walks through the department store?
3. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her own.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her sons'.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Blanche?
(a) She loves situation comedies.
(b) She wets the bed.
(c) She has accidents.
(d) She needs lots of care.
5. What is a major motif in this chapter?
(d) Role reversal.
6. Annie's mother lifts her legs and bends her knees in an exaggerated way ____________.
(a) To exercise.
(b) To jump.
(c) To skip.
(d) To walk.
7. Why does Annie's mother buy such an expensive handbag?
(a) She is going out and wants to look nice.
(b) It coordinates with everything.
(c) It will be her last one.
(d) She wants it to last forever.
8. What physical ailment does Annie experience lately?
(a) Her ear aches.
(b) She gets migraines.
(c) Her stomach hurts.
(d) She has acid indigestion.
9. What alarms Annie about her mother's daily life?
(a) She pours bleach on her clothes.
(b) She doesn't look for her cologne.
(c) She gave away her watch.
(d) She can't be trusted with matches.
10. Annie notes that Blanche's eyes are _________________.
(c) Red and sunken.
11. What does Annie's mother lose?
(a) Her memory.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her house keys.
(d) Her purse.
12. Annie has to remind herself that the situation with her mother ___________________.
(a) Is reality.
(b) Is impossible.
(c) Is a payback.
(d) Is just temporary.
13. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
(a) Shoots video.
(b) Takes Polaroids.
(c) Takes notes.
(d) Makes audio tapes.
14. Who does Annie bring into her home to live?
(a) Her mother-in-law.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her stepson.
(d) Her sister.
15. Who is Annie's mother walking with in the department store when she is laughing?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
2. Which of the following elements does Annie not document regarding her mother's illness?
3. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
4. Annie's book makes a connection between writing and ____________________.
5. Annie's story addresses the changing role of _________________.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)