|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is the title of the book based?
(a) A sentence written by someone.
(b) A scream in a hospital.
(c) A line in a poem.
(d) A phrase uttered during a dream.
2. Annie has to remind herself that the situation with her mother ___________________.
(a) Is reality.
(b) Is a payback.
(c) Is just temporary.
(d) Is impossible.
3. How much content did Annie create with each diary entry?
(b) At least a chapter.
(c) Pages of paragraphs at a time.
(d) Two or three chapters at a time.
4. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
(a) She bases her book on them.
(b) She documents her pregnancy.
(c) She teaches Alzheimer's support classes.
(d) She teaches journaling classes.
5. Annie feels more indifferent than angry at her mother's ________________.
(b) Bodily functions.
(c) Loss of memory.
(d) Eating habits.
6. Annie's story addresses the changing role of _________________.
(a) Parent to child.
(c) Child to parent.
(d) National government.
7. What is the purpose of the Preface?
(a) The author provides her resume.
(b) The author tells her personal history.
(c) The author gives acknowledgements.
(d) The author summarizes events.
8. Whose changes does Annie describe?
(a) Her younger son's.
(b) Her husband's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her own.
9. Annie finds herself feeling ____________ toward her mother.
10. When Annie was young, she believed her mother _________________.
(a) Was a beauty queen.
(b) Knew everything.
(c) Was comedic.
(d) Was a shrew.
11. In addition to a handbag, Annie's mother buys a dress and ______________.
(a) A coat.
(b) A cardigan.
(c) A hat.
(d) A pair of shoes.
12. What does Annie's mother lose?
(a) Her memory.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her house keys.
13. How old was Annie when she had an argument with her mother about a bra?
14. Who is Annie's mother walking with in the department store when she is laughing?
(a) Her grandson.
(c) Her husband.
15. In what circumstance does Blanche ironically ask Annie a question?
(a) When she fell down stairs.
(b) When she has an appointment to file for divorce.
(c) When she wrecked the car.
(d) When she failed her driver's test.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason for the argument about a bra between Annie and her mother?
2. What does Annie's mother do as she walks through the department store?
3. When does Annie's mother approach her about being ashamed of Annie's behavior?
4. Annie would rather accept her mother's ____________ instead of her death.
5. What does Annie do as her mother sleeps?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)