|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie make her mother wear?
(d) Girdle and stockings.
2. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her own.
(b) Her sons'.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her sister's.
3. What was the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
(a) I love you all.
(b) Life is so good.
(c) I remain in darkness.
(d) I am so tired.
4. What was the reason for the argument about a bra between Annie and her mother?
(a) Annie bought a red bra.
(b) Annie would not wear a bra.
(c) Annie wore a bra without permission.
(d) Annie bought a strapless bra.
5. When was Annie's mother injured?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) Ten years ago.
(c) A couple days ago.
(d) Last year.
6. Annie notes that Blanche's body __________________.
(a) Has no strength or firmness.
(b) Is losing weight.
(c) Is getting fat.
(d) Is very rough.
7. In addition to a handbag, Annie's mother buys a dress and ______________.
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A hat.
(c) A cardigan.
(d) A coat.
8. Which of the following does Annie not do for her mother while she is in the hospital?
(a) Comb her hair.
(b) Shave her face.
(c) Clip her nails.
(d) Iron her clothes.
9. Her mother's physical state forces Annie to acknowledge _____________________.
(a) The ultimate death of her mother.
(b) She probably inherited this.
(c) She needs better doctors.
(d) Her own mortality.
10. Which of the following elements does Annie not document regarding her mother's illness?
(b) Bodily functions.
11. On what year does this chapter focus?
12. What is Annie's mother's name?
(a) Blanche Duquesne.
(b) Blanche DuBois.
(c) Blanche Duchesne.
(d) Betty Duchesne.
13. What does Annie's mother lose?
(a) Her gloves.
(b) Her house keys.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her memory.
14. Annie notes that Blanche's eyes are _________________.
(d) Red and sunken.
15. How old was Annie when she had an argument with her mother about a bra?
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie has become her mother's _______________.
2. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
3. In addition to Annie, who else lives in the home when Annie's mother comes to live there?
4. The handbag that Annie's mother buys is made of _____________.
5. Who can Annie's mother no longer remember?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)