|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alarms Annie about her mother's daily life?
(a) She pours bleach on her clothes.
(b) She gave away her watch.
(c) She doesn't look for her cologne.
(d) She can't be trusted with matches.
2. How does Annie's mother sit?
(a) With one leg tucked under her.
(b) With her legs crossed.
(c) With her mouth open.
(d) With her legs spread.
3. What is a major motif in this chapter?
(c) Role reversal.
4. Annie's mother puts on more than one ___________.
5. Which member of Annie's family had been injured?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
6. How many bras does Annie's mother put on at one time?
7. Annie notes that Blanche's eyes are _________________.
(d) Red and sunken.
8. Which of the following does NOT describe Blanche?
(a) She needs lots of care.
(b) She has accidents.
(c) She wets the bed.
(d) She loves situation comedies.
9. On what is the title of the book based?
(a) A sentence written by someone.
(b) A line in a poem.
(c) A phrase uttered during a dream.
(d) A scream in a hospital.
10. What color is the handbag that Annie's mother buys?
11. Annie finds herself feeling ____________ toward her mother.
12. What was the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
(a) Life is so good.
(b) I remain in darkness.
(c) I am so tired.
(d) I love you all.
13. Annie's book talks about the juxtaposition of _______________.
(a) The left.
(b) The beginning.
(c) The right.
14. Who is Annie's mother walking with in the department store when she is laughing?
(b) Her grandson.
(c) Her husband.
15. Where does Annie's mother get lost?
(a) At church.
(b) In the house.
(c) At the mall.
(d) In the neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an important theme in the book?
2. Annie has become her mother's _______________.
3. How many sons does Annie have?
4. When does Annie's mother make exaggerated moves?
5. Which of the following has Blanche not done by the middle of 1984?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)