|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie was young, she believed her mother _________________.
(a) Was a shrew.
(b) Knew everything.
(c) Was comedic.
(d) Was a beauty queen.
2. Whose changes does Annie describe?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her younger son's.
(c) Her own.
(d) Her husband's.
3. Who does Annie bring into her home to live?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her stepson.
4. What is Annie's mother's name?
(a) Blanche DuBois.
(b) Blanche Duchesne.
(c) Blanche Duquesne.
(d) Betty Duchesne.
5. Where does Annie's mother go to live after she stays at Annie's house for awhile?
(a) An assisted living apartment.
(b) She dies.
(c) She returns to her own home.
(d) A full-time medical facility.
6. In addition to a handbag, Annie's mother buys a dress and ______________.
(a) A coat.
(b) A hat.
(c) A cardigan.
(d) A pair of shoes.
7. What was the reason for the argument about a bra between Annie and her mother?
(a) Annie would not wear a bra.
(b) Annie bought a red bra.
(c) Annie bought a strapless bra.
(d) Annie wore a bra without permission.
8. How does Annie's mother sit?
(a) With her legs spread.
(b) With her mouth open.
(c) With her legs crossed.
(d) With one leg tucked under her.
9. What does Annie make her mother wear?
(c) Girdle and stockings.
10. Annie's mother can no longer remember _______________.
(a) Her address.
(b) Her name.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her birthday.
11. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her sons'.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her own.
12. When does Annie's mother approach her about being ashamed of Annie's behavior?
(a) When she wrecked the car.
(b) When she made love with a man not her husband.
(c) When she slapped her son.
(d) When she wrote a bad check.
13. Why does Annie's mother buy such an expensive handbag?
(a) She wants it to last forever.
(b) It will be her last one.
(c) She is going out and wants to look nice.
(d) It coordinates with everything.
14. How many sons does Annie have?
15. Of what is Annie reminded when her mother puts on two bras at one time?
(a) An argument she had with her mother once.
(b) A Las Vegas act.
(c) A small child.
(d) A cartoon character.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
2. How many bras does Annie's mother put on at one time?
3. How do Annie's sons react when visitors laugh at Blanche?
4. In what circumstance does Blanche ironically ask Annie a question?
5. Annie's book makes a connection between writing and ____________________.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)