|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what month does this chapter focus?
2. In what circumstance does Blanche ironically ask Annie a question?
(a) When she failed her driver's test.
(b) When she wrecked the car.
(c) When she fell down stairs.
(d) When she has an appointment to file for divorce.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Blanche?
(a) She wets the bed.
(b) She has accidents.
(c) She needs lots of care.
(d) She loves situation comedies.
4. Annie has to remind herself that the situation with her mother ___________________.
(a) Is a payback.
(b) Is impossible.
(c) Is just temporary.
(d) Is reality.
5. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
6. Whose changes does Annie describe?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her husband's.
(c) Her own.
(d) Her younger son's.
7. How does Annie's mother sit?
(a) With her mouth open.
(b) With one leg tucked under her.
(c) With her legs crossed.
(d) With her legs spread.
8. What physical manifestation does Annie experience as a result of her mother's decline?
(a) Stomach pains.
(c) Dizzy spells.
9. What alarms Annie about her mother's daily life?
(a) She gave away her watch.
(b) She pours bleach on her clothes.
(c) She doesn't look for her cologne.
(d) She can't be trusted with matches.
10. What does Annie's mother lose?
(a) Her house keys.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her memory.
(d) Her purse.
11. Annie's story explores the connection between ___________________.
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Father and son.
12. When does Annie's mother make exaggerated moves?
(a) When she walks onto carpet.
(b) When she walks up steps.
(c) When she crosses the street.
(d) When she gets out of bed.
13. Who is Annie's mother walking with in the department store when she is laughing?
(a) Her grandson.
(c) Her husband.
14. Who does Annie bring into her home to live?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her stepson.
(d) Her mother-in-law.
15. What are Annie's intentions for her journal notes?
(a) She had no plans for them.
(b) She would publish a book.
(c) She would share them with families of Alzheimer's Disease patients.
(d) She would share them with her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about her mother's physical appearance that is most distressing for Annie?
2. Where does Annie's mother get lost?
3. Annie notes that Blanche's eyes are _________________.
4. Which of the following does Annie's mother NOT do?
5. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)