Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is the title of the book based?
(a) A line in a poem.
(b) A scream in a hospital.
(c) A phrase uttered during a dream.
(d) A sentence written by someone.
2. Who does Annie bring into her home to live?
(a) Her stepson.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her mother-in-law.
3. What physical manifestation does Annie experience as a result of her mother's decline?
(b) Stomach pains.
(d) Dizzy spells.
4. In addition to Annie, who else lives in the home when Annie's mother comes to live there?
(a) Annie's mother-in-law.
(b) Annie's husband.
(c) Annie's sons.
(d) Annie's sister.
5. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
(a) She documents her pregnancy.
(b) She teaches Alzheimer's support classes.
(c) She bases her book on them.
(d) She teaches journaling classes.
6. When does Annie's mother begin to show signs of deterioration?
(a) Winter of 1982.
(b) Summer of 1972.
(c) Autumn of 1964.
(d) Summer of 1983.
7. Annie notes that Blanche's body __________________.
(a) Is getting fat.
(b) Is very rough.
(c) Has no strength or firmness.
(d) Is losing weight.
8. How does Annie's mother sit?
(a) With her mouth open.
(b) With her legs spread.
(c) With one leg tucked under her.
(d) With her legs crossed.
9. One of Blanche's roommates is __________________.
(a) A novelist.
(b) A crier.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A screamer.
10. The handbag that Annie's mother buys is made of _____________.
11. How many sons does Annie have?
12. Which of the following does NOT describe Blanche?
(a) She has accidents.
(b) She wets the bed.
(c) She loves situation comedies.
(d) She needs lots of care.
13. Who wrote the sentence, "I remain in darkness?"
(a) Annie's older son.
(b) Annie's sister.
(c) Annie's mother.
14. What does Annie's mother do as she walks through the department store?
15. In what circumstance does Blanche ironically ask Annie a question?
(a) When she fell down stairs.
(b) When she wrecked the car.
(c) When she failed her driver's test.
(d) When she has an appointment to file for divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie do as her mother sleeps?
2. What color is the handbag that Annie's mother buys?
3. What does Blanche put into her pockets?
4. Which of the following does Annie NOT note about the hospital?
5. When Annie was young, she believed her mother _________________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)