|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Annie's mother walking with in the department store when she is laughing?
(b) Her grandson.
(d) Her husband.
2. Which member of Annie's family had been injured?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her mother.
3. What is the purpose of the Preface?
(a) The author gives acknowledgements.
(b) The author provides her resume.
(c) The author summarizes events.
(d) The author tells her personal history.
4. Who does Annie bring into her home to live?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her mother-in-law.
(d) Her stepson.
5. What does Annie's mother want to buy?
(a) A car.
(b) A handbag.
(c) A springform pan.
(d) A house.
6. Where does Annie's mother go to live after she stays at Annie's house for awhile?
(a) An assisted living apartment.
(b) She dies.
(c) She returns to her own home.
(d) A full-time medical facility.
7. How many sons does Annie have?
8. What does Blanche put into her pockets?
(b) Kitty litter.
9. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
(a) She documents her pregnancy.
(b) She bases her book on them.
(c) She teaches journaling classes.
(d) She teaches Alzheimer's support classes.
10. Annie's mother lifts her legs and bends her knees in an exaggerated way ____________.
(a) To jump.
(b) To walk.
(c) To exercise.
(d) To skip.
11. What are Annie's intentions for her journal notes?
(a) She would share them with her family.
(b) She would publish a book.
(c) She had no plans for them.
(d) She would share them with families of Alzheimer's Disease patients.
12. How does Annie's mother sit?
(a) With her legs crossed.
(b) With her mouth open.
(c) With one leg tucked under her.
(d) With her legs spread.
13. What does Annie do as her mother sleeps?
(b) Touches her gently.
(c) Makes coffee.
(d) Goes out to lunch.
14. What is it about her mother's physical appearance that is most distressing for Annie?
(a) Her wrinkles.
(b) Her vacant eyes.
(c) Her stringy hair.
(d) Her pale skin.
15. Who can Annie's mother no longer remember?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her son-in-law.
(d) Her daughter-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
2. How had Annie's mother been injured?
3. When Blanche's needs change she is moved to ________________.
4. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
5. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)