|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie finds herself feeling ____________ toward her mother.
2. What physical ailment does Annie experience lately?
(a) She gets migraines.
(b) Her stomach hurts.
(c) She has acid indigestion.
(d) Her ear aches.
3. Where does Annie's mother go to live after she stays at Annie's house for awhile?
(a) A full-time medical facility.
(b) She returns to her own home.
(c) She dies.
(d) An assisted living apartment.
4. Annie's story explores the connection between ___________________.
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Brother and sister.
5. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
(a) She documents her pregnancy.
(b) She bases her book on them.
(c) She teaches Alzheimer's support classes.
(d) She teaches journaling classes.
6. What alarms Annie about her mother's daily life?
(a) She can't be trusted with matches.
(b) She pours bleach on her clothes.
(c) She gave away her watch.
(d) She doesn't look for her cologne.
7. When does Annie's mother make exaggerated moves?
(a) When she walks up steps.
(b) When she crosses the street.
(c) When she gets out of bed.
(d) When she walks onto carpet.
8. Annie would rather accept her mother's ____________ instead of her death.
9. Which of the following does Annie's mother NOT do?
(a) Goes to the bathroom in her underwear.
(b) Talks to imaginary people.
(c) Hides her soiled clothing.
(d) Dials psychic hotline numbers.
10. One of Blanche's roommates reminds Annie of _____________________.
(a) A comedian.
(b) A prisoner of Buchenwald.
(c) A beauty queen.
(d) A prison warden.
11. Which of the following does Annie NOT note about the hospital?
(a) The same visitors are always there.
(b) It is a very clean facility.
(c) Visits with her mother are always the same.
(d) The patients act the same way over and over.
12. What was the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
(a) Life is so good.
(b) I love you all.
(c) I am so tired.
(d) I remain in darkness.
13. Annie's book makes a connection between writing and ____________________.
(a) The creative process.
14. Annie has to remind herself that the situation with her mother ___________________.
(a) Is just temporary.
(b) Is reality.
(c) Is impossible.
(d) Is a payback.
15. Where does Annie's mother get lost?
(a) At the mall.
(b) In the neighborhood.
(c) In the house.
(d) At church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can Annie's mother no longer remember?
2. What does Annie's mother do as she walks through the department store?
3. On what month does this chapter focus?
4. Who wrote the sentence, "I remain in darkness?"
5. When does Annie's mother begin to show signs of deterioration?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)