|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Blanche?
(a) She wets the bed.
(b) She has accidents.
(c) She needs lots of care.
(d) She loves situation comedies.
2. What is an important theme in the book?
(b) The power of memory.
(d) Coming of age.
3. What does Annie's mother do as she walks through the department store?
4. Which member of Annie's family had been injured?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her son.
5. How does Annie's mother sit?
(a) With her mouth open.
(b) With her legs spread.
(c) With one leg tucked under her.
(d) With her legs crossed.
6. When Annie was young, she believed her mother _________________.
(a) Knew everything.
(b) Was a shrew.
(c) Was comedic.
(d) Was a beauty queen.
7. Annie has become her mother's _______________.
(a) Best friend.
(b) Hair stylist.
8. Annie's mother lifts her legs and bends her knees in an exaggerated way ____________.
(a) To walk.
(b) To exercise.
(c) To jump.
(d) To skip.
9. Blanche has always had a fear of poverty and ____________.
(c) Tall buildings.
10. Annie's story explores the connection between ___________________.
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Father and son.
(d) Brother and sister.
11. What does Annie make her mother wear?
(b) Girdle and stockings.
12. Annie finds herself feeling ____________ toward her mother.
13. Which of the following does Annie not do for her mother while she is in the hospital?
(a) Clip her nails.
(b) Shave her face.
(c) Comb her hair.
(d) Iron her clothes.
14. The handbag that Annie's mother buys is made of _____________.
15. What does Annie do as her mother sleeps?
(b) Makes coffee.
(c) Touches her gently.
(d) Goes out to lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
2. How do Annie's sons react when visitors laugh at Blanche?
3. When does Annie's mother make exaggerated moves?
4. Annie has to remind herself that the situation with her mother ___________________.
5. On what is the title of the book based?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)