1. What is the purpose of the Preface in I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
In the Preface of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS the author summarizes the events on which her book is based.
2. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
A drunk driver had hit her mother two years before, and I REMAIN IN DARKNESS recounts the author's mother's gradual decline since that event.
3. When does Annie's mother first begin to show signs of deterioration?
In the summer of 1983, the author's mother begins to show signs of deterioration.
4. How does Annie manage her mother's care when she begins to decline?
Annie brings her mother into her own home to live with her and her two sons until her mother becomes too ill and requires so much care that she must be moved to a full-time medical facility.
5. How does Annie get the content for I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
Annie jots notes during her mother's illness, describing emotions and memories which will become the basis for this book.
This section contains 2,969 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)