|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1985 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie feels more indifferent than angry at her mother's ________________.
(b) Eating habits.
(c) Bodily functions.
(d) Loss of memory.
2. In what circumstance does Blanche ironically ask Annie a question?
(a) When she fell down stairs.
(b) When she wrecked the car.
(c) When she failed her driver's test.
(d) When she has an appointment to file for divorce.
3. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Annie Lemeaux.
(b) Annie Proux.
(c) Annie Ernaux.
(d) Alice Ernaux.
4. Why does Annie's mother buy such an expensive handbag?
(a) She is going out and wants to look nice.
(b) It coordinates with everything.
(c) It will be her last one.
(d) She wants it to last forever.
5. What happens to Blanche in September?
(a) She gets a new hairstyle.
(b) She breaks her hip.
(c) She has heart surgery.
(d) She is allowed home visits.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what did Annie suffer when she was eighteen-years-old?
2. Which of the following does Annie's mother NOT do?
3. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
4. What do the nurses dress the patients in at New Year's?
5. What does Annie recall that her mother did for even the smallest misbehavior?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)