|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1985 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurses tell Annie that her mother is always talking about _______________.
(a) Her house.
(b) Soap opera characters.
(d) Old boyfriends.
2. Who wrote the sentence, "I remain in darkness?"
(b) Annie's mother.
(c) Annie's older son.
(d) Annie's sister.
3. Annie's mother lifts her legs and bends her knees in an exaggerated way ____________.
(a) To jump.
(b) To walk.
(c) To skip.
(d) To exercise.
4. What is a major motif in this chapter?
(c) Role reversal.
5. What does Annie do as her mother sleeps?
(a) Touches her gently.
(b) Makes coffee.
(d) Goes out to lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie feels more indifferent than angry at her mother's ________________.
2. On a shopping trip Annie sees a woman ____________________ who reminds her of her mother.
3. Surgery prevents Annie from seeing her mother for how long?
4. When is Annie's patience most tested with her mother?
5. In addition to a handbag, Annie's mother buys a dress and ______________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)