|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1985 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much content did Annie create with each diary entry?
(a) Two or three chapters at a time.
(b) Pages of paragraphs at a time.
(c) At least a chapter.
2. When does Annie's mother begin to show signs of deterioration?
(a) Summer of 1983.
(b) Winter of 1982.
(c) Autumn of 1964.
(d) Summer of 1972.
3. When Blanche's needs change she is moved to ________________.
(a) A geriatric ward.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) Intensive care unit.
(d) An assisted living apartment.
4. What is an important theme in the book?
(b) The power of memory.
(d) Coming of age.
5. What is the one thing that remains of the mother that Annie once knew?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her laugh.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can Annie's mother no longer remember?
2. How many years did Annie's mother wear gray or black clothing in mourning for her mother?
3. When does Annie get the idea to publish her notes as a book?
4. What habit of Annie's mother's distresses Annie?
5. Why does Blanche have such a hard time eating the cake Annie brings?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)