|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1985 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her own.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her sons'.
2. What habit of Annie's mother's distresses Annie?
(a) Picking her nose.
(b) Wearing her shoes in the shower.
(c) Rushing with her to the elevator and babbling.
(d) Taking off her clothes.
3. When is Annie's patience most tested with her mother?
(a) Trying to style her thin hair.
(b) Making her keep her clothes on.
(c) Keeping her from making long distance calls to strangers.
(d) Keeping her clean after she defecates and wets the bed.
4. What are Annie's intentions for her journal notes?
(a) She would share them with families of Alzheimer's Disease patients.
(b) She would share them with her family.
(c) She would publish a book.
(d) She had no plans for them.
5. When Annie projects into the future, she _____________________.
(a) Can envision her mother's funeral.
(b) Sees her sons going to college.
(c) Sees herself with grandchildren.
(d) Can see herself as her mother is now.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Annie associate days in her life?
2. Which of the following does Annie NOT do for her mother?
3. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
4. What is an important motif in this chapter?
5. In what does Annie find some small comfort related to her mother?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)