|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1984 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an important theme in the book?
(a) The power of memory.
(d) Coming of age.
2. How had Annie's mother been injured?
(a) A drunk driver hit her.
(b) She was pushed down stairs.
(c) She cut her hand while chopping vegetables.
(d) She tried to shoot herself.
3. Annie's mother lifts her legs and bends her knees in an exaggerated way ____________.
(a) To jump.
(b) To exercise.
(c) To skip.
(d) To walk.
4. In addition to a handbag, Annie's mother buys a dress and ______________.
(a) A hat.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A cardigan.
(d) A coat.
5. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) The experience of Annie going blind.
(b) A young girl in the South shares her diary.
(c) The gradual decline of Annie's mother.
(d) A hostage tells her story to Annie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
2. What does Annie describe in this chapter?
3. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
4. What does Annie's mother want to buy?
5. Which member of Annie's family had been injured?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)