|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1984 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie was young, she believed her mother _________________.
(a) Was a beauty queen.
(b) Was a shrew.
(c) Was comedic.
(d) Knew everything.
2. The handbag that Annie's mother buys is made of _____________.
3. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Annie Ernaux.
(b) Alice Ernaux.
(c) Annie Lemeaux.
(d) Annie Proux.
4. What does Annie describe in this chapter?
(a) The autumn leaves.
(b) Her Christmas decorations.
(c) Her summer vacation.
(d) Physical and mental changes.
5. When does Annie's mother make exaggerated moves?
(a) When she walks up steps.
(b) When she gets out of bed.
(c) When she walks onto carpet.
(d) When she crosses the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical ailment does Annie experience lately?
2. In addition to Annie, who else lives in the home when Annie's mother comes to live there?
3. Annie has to remind herself that the situation with her mother ___________________.
4. Where does Annie's mother go to live after she stays at Annie's house for awhile?
5. What color is the handbag that Annie's mother buys?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)