|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1984 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Annie Ernaux.
(b) Alice Ernaux.
(c) Annie Lemeaux.
(d) Annie Proux.
2. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her sons'.
(b) Her own.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her mother's.
3. What does Annie's mother lose?
(a) Her memory.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her house keys.
(d) Her gloves.
4. With what does Annie come to terms in this book?
(b) A new job.
(d) Memories of her mother.
5. What alarms Annie about her mother's daily life?
(a) She gave away her watch.
(b) She pours bleach on her clothes.
(c) She can't be trusted with matches.
(d) She doesn't look for her cologne.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what month does this chapter focus?
2. Annie states that "The body I see ________________."
3. Of what is Annie reminded when her mother puts on two bras at one time?
4. Blanche has always had a fear of poverty and ____________.
5. What is an important theme in the book?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)