|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie's mother go to live after she stays at Annie's house for awhile?
(a) She returns to her own home.
(b) An assisted living apartment.
(c) She dies.
(d) A full-time medical facility.
2. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Annie Lemeaux.
(b) Alice Ernaux.
(c) Annie Ernaux.
(d) Annie Proux.
3. Annie's story explores the connection between ___________________.
(a) Father and son.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Husband and wife.
4. Annie's story addresses the changing role of _________________.
(a) Child to parent.
(b) National government.
(d) Parent to child.
5. Annie's book makes a connection between writing and ____________________.
(c) The creative process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
2. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
3. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
4. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
5. What was the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)