|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Annie, who else lives in the home when Annie's mother comes to live there?
(a) Annie's mother-in-law.
(b) Annie's sons.
(c) Annie's sister.
(d) Annie's husband.
2. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her sons'.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her own.
3. On what is the title of the book based?
(a) A line in a poem.
(b) A phrase uttered during a dream.
(c) A scream in a hospital.
(d) A sentence written by someone.
4. Where does Annie's mother go to live after she stays at Annie's house for awhile?
(a) She dies.
(b) An assisted living apartment.
(c) A full-time medical facility.
(d) She returns to her own home.
5. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Alice Ernaux.
(b) Annie Lemeaux.
(c) Annie Ernaux.
(d) Annie Proux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie comes to realize how ____________ memories are.
2. How had Annie's mother been injured?
3. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
4. With what does Annie come to terms in this book?
5. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)