|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Annie Proux.
(b) Annie Ernaux.
(c) Alice Ernaux.
(d) Annie Lemeaux.
2. Annie's book makes a connection between writing and ____________________.
(d) The creative process.
3. Who wrote the sentence, "I remain in darkness?"
(a) Annie's older son.
(b) Annie's mother.
(d) Annie's sister.
4. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) The experience of Annie going blind.
(b) The gradual decline of Annie's mother.
(c) A young girl in the South shares her diary.
(d) A hostage tells her story to Annie.
5. What is the purpose of the Preface?
(a) The author tells her personal history.
(b) The author provides her resume.
(c) The author summarizes events.
(d) The author gives acknowledgements.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
2. How much content did Annie create with each diary entry?
3. With what does Annie come to terms in this book?
4. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
5. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)