|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
(a) She documents her pregnancy.
(b) She teaches Alzheimer's support classes.
(c) She teaches journaling classes.
(d) She bases her book on them.
2. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) A hostage tells her story to Annie.
(b) A young girl in the South shares her diary.
(c) The experience of Annie going blind.
(d) The gradual decline of Annie's mother.
3. Who does Annie bring into her home to live?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her stepson.
4. When does Annie get the idea to publish her notes as a book?
(a) When she gets mad at her ex-husband.
(b) After her mother's death.
(c) When her mother doesn't recognize her anymore.
(d) When her mother goes to the medical facility.
5. How had Annie's mother been injured?
(a) A drunk driver hit her.
(b) She was pushed down stairs.
(c) She tried to shoot herself.
(d) She cut her hand while chopping vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie comes to realize how ____________ memories are.
2. When does Annie's mother begin to show signs of deterioration?
3. Who wrote the sentence, "I remain in darkness?"
4. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
5. Annie's book makes a connection between writing and ____________________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)