|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
(a) Makes audio tapes.
(b) Shoots video.
(c) Takes Polaroids.
(d) Takes notes.
2. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
(a) Doesn't like living in somebody else's house.
(b) Becomes very ill and needs special care.
(c) Is scared at the house.
(d) Doesn't like living alone.
3. How much content did Annie create with each diary entry?
(a) Pages of paragraphs at a time.
(b) Two or three chapters at a time.
(c) At least a chapter.
4. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) A hostage tells her story to Annie.
(b) The gradual decline of Annie's mother.
(c) A young girl in the South shares her diary.
(d) The experience of Annie going blind.
5. What was the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
(a) I love you all.
(b) Life is so good.
(c) I remain in darkness.
(d) I am so tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Annie bring into her home to live?
2. What is the purpose of the Preface?
3. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
4. What is Annie's mother's name?
5. How had Annie's mother been injured?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)