|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie comes to realize how ____________ memories are.
2. Annie's story addresses the changing role of _________________.
(a) Parent to child.
(b) Child to parent.
(c) National government.
3. What is the purpose of the Preface?
(a) The author tells her personal history.
(b) The author provides her resume.
(c) The author gives acknowledgements.
(d) The author summarizes events.
4. Which of the following elements does Annie not document regarding her mother's illness?
(b) Bodily functions.
5. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) A hostage tells her story to Annie.
(b) The gradual decline of Annie's mother.
(c) The experience of Annie going blind.
(d) A young girl in the South shares her diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie's book makes a connection between writing and ____________________.
2. What are Annie's intentions for her journal notes?
3. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
4. How much content did Annie create with each diary entry?
5. When does Annie get the idea to publish her notes as a book?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)