|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is the title of the book based?
(a) A scream in a hospital.
(b) A line in a poem.
(c) A sentence written by someone.
(d) A phrase uttered during a dream.
2. Annie's book makes a connection between writing and ____________________.
(a) The creative process.
3. With what does Annie come to terms in this book?
(a) Memories of her mother.
(b) A new job.
4. When does Annie's mother begin to show signs of deterioration?
(a) Summer of 1972.
(b) Autumn of 1964.
(c) Summer of 1983.
(d) Winter of 1982.
5. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Annie Lemeaux.
(b) Annie Proux.
(c) Alice Ernaux.
(d) Annie Ernaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
2. When does Annie get the idea to publish her notes as a book?
3. In addition to Annie, who else lives in the home when Annie's mother comes to live there?
4. Annie's story addresses the changing role of _________________.
5. Annie's story explores the connection between ___________________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)