|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
(a) Takes Polaroids.
(b) Makes audio tapes.
(c) Takes notes.
(d) Shoots video.
2. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her own.
(b) Her sister's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her sons'.
3. Which of the following elements does Annie not document regarding her mother's illness?
(d) Bodily functions.
4. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) A hostage tells her story to Annie.
(b) The gradual decline of Annie's mother.
(c) The experience of Annie going blind.
(d) A young girl in the South shares her diary.
5. What is the purpose of the Preface?
(a) The author gives acknowledgements.
(b) The author summarizes events.
(c) The author tells her personal history.
(d) The author provides her resume.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
2. When was Annie's mother injured?
3. How much content did Annie create with each diary entry?
4. How had Annie's mother been injured?
5. Who wrote the sentence, "I remain in darkness?"
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)