|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1985 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last sentence Annie's mother ever wrote?
(a) I smell coffee.
(b) I remain in darkness.
(c) Life is so good.
(d) This is a living hell.
2. Why does Blanche have such a hard time eating the cake Annie brings?
(a) She can't hold her fork properly.
(b) She can't sit up.
(c) She can't find her mouth.
(d) She can't stop coughing.
3. How old was Annie when she had an argument with her mother about a bra?
4. Where does Annie's mother go to live after she stays at Annie's house for awhile?
(a) A full-time medical facility.
(b) An assisted living apartment.
(c) She returns to her own home.
(d) She dies.
5. What is an important motif in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annie remember hiding her own feces as a child?
2. Who is Annie's mother walking with in the department store when she is laughing?
3. Annie feels more indifferent than angry at her mother's ________________.
4. Why does Annie feel guilty regarding her mother?
5. The nurses tell Annie that her mother is always talking about _______________.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)