|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1985 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Blanche's reaction to Annie's return?
(a) She cries.
(b) She does not say anything to her.
(c) She is happy to see her.
(d) She does not acknowledge her.
2. What is a major motif in this chapter?
(d) Role reversal.
3. Where must Blanche sit during Annie's Sunday visits with her now?
(a) In the TV room.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) On a bench.
(d) In her bed.
4. Whose changes does Annie describe?
(a) Her own.
(b) Her younger son's.
(c) Her husband's.
(d) Her mother's.
5. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
(a) She bases her book on them.
(b) She documents her pregnancy.
(c) She teaches Alzheimer's support classes.
(d) She teaches journaling classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie do as her mother sleeps?
2. Why does Annie's mother buy such an expensive handbag?
3. Annie's mother can no longer remember _______________.
4. What does Annie find in her mother's nightstand table drawer?
5. Who wrote the sentence, "I remain in darkness?"
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)