|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1985 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit of Annie's mother's distresses Annie?
(a) Taking off her clothes.
(b) Rushing with her to the elevator and babbling.
(c) Picking her nose.
(d) Wearing her shoes in the shower.
2. What does Annie remember about her mother's physical presence?
(a) She had beautiful hair.
(b) She was always overweight.
(c) She never pampered herself.
(d) She was a real diva.
3. In what circumstance does Blanche ironically ask Annie a question?
(a) When she has an appointment to file for divorce.
(b) When she fell down stairs.
(c) When she wrecked the car.
(d) When she failed her driver's test.
4. With what does Annie associate days in her life?
(a) Bank statements.
(b) Pictures on the calendar.
(c) Days in her mother's life.
(d) Church bulletins.
5. What is an important theme in the book?
(a) Coming of age.
(d) The power of memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Surgery prevents Annie from seeing her mother for how long?
2. Who does Annie bring into her home to live?
3. What was the reason for the argument about a bra between Annie and her mother?
4. What does Annie dream of regarding her mother?
5. From what did Annie suffer when she was eighteen-years-old?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)