|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1983.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie's mother can no longer remember _______________.
(a) Her age.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Her address.
(d) Her name.
2. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) A young girl in the South shares her diary.
(b) A hostage tells her story to Annie.
(c) The experience of Annie going blind.
(d) The gradual decline of Annie's mother.
3. How had Annie's mother been injured?
(a) She tried to shoot herself.
(b) She cut her hand while chopping vegetables.
(c) She was pushed down stairs.
(d) A drunk driver hit her.
4. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
5. Of what is Annie reminded when her mother puts on two bras at one time?
(a) A cartoon character.
(b) A Las Vegas act.
(c) An argument she had with her mother once.
(d) A small child.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Annie, who else lives in the home when Annie's mother comes to live there?
2. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
3. When does Annie's mother make exaggerated moves?
4. What is Annie's mother's name?
5. Annie's book talks about the juxtaposition of _______________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)