|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1983.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie's mother lifts her legs and bends her knees in an exaggerated way ____________.
(a) To skip.
(b) To walk.
(c) To exercise.
(d) To jump.
2. Annie's mother is moved to a medical facility because she _____________________.
(a) Is scared at the house.
(b) Doesn't like living alone.
(c) Doesn't like living in somebody else's house.
(d) Becomes very ill and needs special care.
3. What is the purpose of the Preface?
(a) The author summarizes events.
(b) The author provides her resume.
(c) The author gives acknowledgements.
(d) The author tells her personal history.
4. When does Annie's mother make exaggerated moves?
(a) When she crosses the street.
(b) When she gets out of bed.
(c) When she walks onto carpet.
(d) When she walks up steps.
5. Who is Annie's mother walking with in the department store when she is laughing?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
2. In addition to a handbag, Annie's mother buys a dress and ______________.
3. What reaction does Annie's mother cause in the department store?
4. What was the reason for the argument about a bra between Annie and her mother?
5. How had Annie's mother been injured?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)