|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1983.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Annie Lemeaux.
(b) Annie Proux.
(c) Annie Ernaux.
(d) Alice Ernaux.
2. When does Annie's mother make exaggerated moves?
(a) When she walks up steps.
(b) When she walks onto carpet.
(c) When she gets out of bed.
(d) When she crosses the street.
3. What physical ailment does Annie experience lately?
(a) She has acid indigestion.
(b) Her stomach hurts.
(c) Her ear aches.
(d) She gets migraines.
4. Whose feelings does Annie examine primarily in the book?
(a) Her sons'.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her own.
(d) Her sister's.
5. What does Annie's mother do as she walks through the department store?
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie comes to realize how ____________ memories are.
2. Where does Annie's mother go to live after she stays at Annie's house for awhile?
3. What physical manifestation does Annie experience as a result of her mother's decline?
4. What is the purpose of the Preface?
5. In addition to a handbag, Annie's mother buys a dress and ______________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)