|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1983.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can Annie's mother no longer remember?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter-in-law.
(d) Her son-in-law.
2. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Annie Ernaux.
(b) Alice Ernaux.
(c) Annie Proux.
(d) Annie Lemeaux.
3. How does Annie document her mother's illness?
(a) Takes Polaroids.
(b) Takes notes.
(c) Shoots video.
(d) Makes audio tapes.
4. What is an important theme in the book?
(b) The power of memory.
(d) Coming of age.
5. Throughout the story, Annie has consistent feelings of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Annie's mother injured?
2. What is Annie's mother's name?
3. What is the purpose of the Preface?
4. On what month does this chapter focus?
5. In what price range is the handbag that Annie's mother buys?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)