|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1984 July-December.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie was young, she believed her mother _________________.
(a) Was a beauty queen.
(b) Was a shrew.
(c) Was comedic.
(d) Knew everything.
2. How many bras does Annie's mother put on at one time?
3. Which of the following does Annie NOT note about the hospital?
(a) The same visitors are always there.
(b) The patients act the same way over and over.
(c) Visits with her mother are always the same.
(d) It is a very clean facility.
4. What is an important theme in the book?
(a) Coming of age.
(d) The power of memory.
5. What does Annie note about the hospital where her mother is staying?
(a) It's beyond sadness.
(b) It's hell on earth.
(c) It's a lovely facility.
(d) It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie recalls that there were many times she experienced _____________ with her mother.
2. Annie's story addresses the changing role of _________________.
3. The nurses tell Annie that her mother is always talking about _______________.
4. What does Annie recall about her mother's temperament?
5. What are Annie's intentions for her journal notes?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)