|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1985 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the cake that Annie brings for her mother to eat.
(a) Too messy.
(b) Too dry.
(c) Too moist.
(d) Too crumbly.
2. What is a major motif in this chapter?
(c) Role reversal.
3. Annie has become her mother's _______________.
(a) Hair stylist.
(c) Best friend.
4. What happens to Blanche in September?
(a) She has heart surgery.
(b) She is allowed home visits.
(c) She gets a new hairstyle.
(d) She breaks her hip.
5. What do the nurses dress the patients in at New Year's?
(a) Street clothes.
(b) New hospital gowns.
(c) Fancy clothes.
(d) Tuxedos and ballgowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Annie's mother approach her about being ashamed of Annie's behavior?
2. Who is embarrassed by Annie's mother's behavior in the department store?
3. How do Annie's sons react when visitors laugh at Blanche?
4. On what year does this chapter focus?
5. Annie's mother puts on more than one ___________.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)