|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1985 January-June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Annie's mother wear gray or black clothing in mourning for her mother?
2. How do the patients behave in their senility?
3. What does Annie recall her mother telling Annie it was their duty to do?
(a) Volunteer at the hospital.
(b) Take food to shut-ins.
(c) Give coins to beggars.
(d) Brush their hair 100 strokes before going to bed.
4. Why does Blanche have such a hard time eating the cake Annie brings?
(a) She can't hold her fork properly.
(b) She can't stop coughing.
(c) She can't find her mouth.
(d) She can't sit up.
5. What is it about her mother's physical appearance that is most distressing for Annie?
(a) Her wrinkles.
(b) Her vacant eyes.
(c) Her pale skin.
(d) Her stringy hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie notes that Blanche's eyes are _________________.
2. Whose changes does Annie describe?
3. What does Annie recall her mother saying about her after Annie's sister died?
4. What does Annie note about her mother when she comes to visit her in October?
5. What does Annie's mother want to buy?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)