1. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Annie Lemeaux.
(b) Annie Ernaux.
(c) Annie Proux.
(d) Alice Ernaux.
2. What is the purpose of the Preface?
(a) The author provides her resume.
(b) The author tells her personal history.
(c) The author gives acknowledgements.
(d) The author summarizes events.
3. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
(a) She teaches Alzheimer's support classes.
(b) She documents her pregnancy.
(c) She bases her book on them.
(d) She teaches journaling classes.
4. Which member of Annie's family had been injured?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her ex-husband.
5. How had Annie's mother been injured?
(a) She was pushed down stairs.
(b) A drunk driver hit her.
(c) She tried to shoot herself.
(d) She cut her hand while chopping vegetables.
6. When was Annie's mother injured?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) Last year.
(c) Ten years ago.
(d) A couple days ago.
7. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) A hostage tells her story to Annie.
(b) The gradual decline of Annie's mother.
(c) A young girl in the South shares her diary.
(d) The experience of Annie going blind.
This section contains 3,927 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)