1. Who is the author of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) Annie Ernaux.
(b) Alice Ernaux.
(c) Annie Lemeaux.
(d) Annie Proux.
2. What is the purpose of the Preface?
(a) The author tells her personal history.
(b) The author summarizes events.
(c) The author gives acknowledgements.
(d) The author provides her resume.
3. What does the author do with the events she summarizes?
(a) She teaches journaling classes.
(b) She bases her book on them.
(c) She documents her pregnancy.
(d) She teaches Alzheimer's support classes.
4. Which member of Annie's family had been injured?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her mother.
5. How had Annie's mother been injured?
(a) She tried to shoot herself.
(b) She was pushed down stairs.
(c) A drunk driver hit her.
(d) She cut her hand while chopping vegetables.
6. When was Annie's mother injured?
(a) Last year.
(b) Ten years ago.
(c) Two years ago.
(d) A couple days ago.
7. What is the premise of I REMAIN IN DARKNESS?
(a) The experience of Annie going blind.
(b) The gradual decline of Annie's mother.
(c) A hostage tells her story to Annie.
(d) A young girl in the South shares her diary.
This section contains 3,927 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)