|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the photohoroscope, when does the subject die?
(a) At sixty years old.
(b) At forty years old.
(c) At fifty years old.
(d) At seventy years old.
2. Who meets Cincinnatus, when he is finally outside of the prison?
3. What does Cincinnatus do after he writes his last word?
(a) He crumples up the paper.
(b) He erases it.
(c) He crosses it off.
(d) He burns the paper.
4. Why does CIncinnatus ask the guards to stop bringing the paper?
(a) Because the papers are starting to pile up in the corner of the cell.
(b) Because articles about his upcoming execution are always clipped out.
(c) Because the newspaper is always filled with lies about him.
(d) Because he finds the news depressing.
5. What does CIncinnatus do in response to the scratching noises?
(a) Scratch on the walls.
(b) Call out.
(c) Knock on the walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Emmie tell Cincinnatus that her rescue attempt will take place?
2. Who formally announces that Pierre is the executioner?
3. What falls from the sky when Cincinnatus goes to bed to read his novel?
4. How does Cincinnatus get to the location of the execution?
5. What is displayed at the gathering of the city officials, Pierre, and Cincinnatus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cecilia C. ask Marthe for, and what was Marthe's response?
2. How does Cincinnatus respond to Pierre's speech?
3. Describe the plot of Quercus.
4. What is a nonnon?
5. What does the librarian do when Cincinnatus tries to express his true thoughts?
6. How does Rodion act toward Cincinnatus?
7. What does Pierre realize that he has forgotten in his speech?
8. What is on the list of acceptable last requests that Pierre reads?
9. What does Pierre do after the party starts breaking up, before heading back to the prison?
10. Describe what happens to Cincinnatus's cell when the tunnel is completed.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)