|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus finally ask for as his last wish?
(a) Three minutes of privacy.
(b) A kiss from his wife.
(c) A cigarette and a cup of coffee.
(d) A promise to publish his writing.
2. What does Marthe give to Cincinnatus when she comes to see him?
3. What does Cincinnatus insist on doing himself?
(a) Speaking to the crowd.
(b) Placing the block.
(c) Cleaning his neck.
(d) Removing his shirt.
4. What happens to the prison as Cincinnatus leaves it?
(a) Rodrig folds it up and puts it in his pocket.
(b) It fades to transparency.
(c) It flies away.
(d) It crumbles.
5. Who does Cincinnatus ask to deliver his letter to Marthe?
(d) The director.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the scratching noises when Cincinnatus makes noise?
2. What happens to the tunnel entrance in Cincinntus' cell?
3. When Pierre talks to CIncinnatus about the execution, when does he say it is scheduled for?
4. What does Pierre anoint himself and Cincinnatus with?
5. Who comes through the tunnel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inconsistency in Cecilia C.'s clothes does Cincinnatus point out?
2. How does Rodion act toward Cincinnatus?
3. What is on the list of acceptable last requests that Pierre reads?
4. What does Emmie's mother describe as Emmie's last prank before going back to school?
5. Describe what happens to Cincinnatus's cell when the tunnel is completed.
6. What does Pierre do after the party starts breaking up, before heading back to the prison?
7. Describe the plot of Quercus.
8. What does Cincinnatus's letter to Marthe say?
9. What announcements does the deputy city director make before the execution?
10. How does Cincinnatus react when Pierre, the director, and the lawyer announce that it is time for his execution?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)