|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls from the sky when Cincinnatus goes to bed to read his novel?
(a) A large purple pot.
(b) A note from Marthe.
(c) A dead bird.
(d) A giant fake acorn.
2. What park is next to the meeting between Pierre, Cincinnatus, and the city officials?
(a) Tamara Gardens.
(b) Orlando Square.
(c) Blithely Forest.
(d) Prospero Park.
3. How does Cincinnatus say that the prison clock works?
(a) The clock is replaced each hour with one showing a different time.
(b) A small man is inside it turning the clock dial.
(c) The dial stays in the same place but the clock is rotated each hour.
(d) The watchman paints new hands on the clock each hour.
4. What does Cecilia C. tell Cincinnatus about his father?
(a) That he could be anyone.
(b) That she never saw his face.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That he has moved out of the country.
5. What do women throw at Cincinnatus as he passes on the way to his execution?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cincinnatus get to the location of the execution?
2. Who does Cincinnatus ask to deliver his letter to Marthe?
3. What does Cincinnatus complain about that causes Pierre to call him rude?
4. What happens to the prison as Cincinnatus leaves it?
5. What does Rodion bring for the spider?
Short Essay Questions
1. What announcements does the deputy city director make before the execution?
2. How does Rodion act toward Cincinnatus?
3. How does Pierre act during his chess game with Cincinnatus?
4. What does Pierre do, when the party moves outside at the meeting between Cincinnatus, Pierre, and the city officials?
5. What does Pierre realize that he has forgotten in his speech?
6. What is on the list of acceptable last requests that Pierre reads?
7. What reason does Pierre give Cincinnatus for pretending to be a prisoner?
8. What inconsistency in Cecilia C.'s clothes does Cincinnatus point out?
9. How does Cincinnatus respond to Pierre's speech?
10. What does Pierre do after the party starts breaking up, before heading back to the prison?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)