|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cincinnatus start to go for a walk?
(a) Rodion suggests it.
(b) He sees a light down the hallway.
(c) Emmie beckons to him.
(d) He wants to sneak away.
2. What present has one of Marthe's brothers brought Cincinnatus?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A bowl of wax fruit.
(c) A photograph of himself.
(d) A statue of Marthe.
3. Where is Cincinnatus during his meeting with Pierre the day after Marthe's first visit?
(a) On his chair.
(b) On his table.
(c) On his floor.
(d) On his cot.
4. What is the weather like the day that Cincinnatus receives the letter?
5. What method of death does Cincinnatus write that he would prefer to beheading by axe?
(a) Shooting by a firing squad.
(b) Electric chair.
(d) Hanging by rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus do to try and look out the window?
2. What about Pierre does Cincinnatus say might prevent him from making an effective escape?
3. What is Marthe wearing when she meets with Cincinnatus?
4. What does the director give to Pierre?
5. After Cincinnatus gets the news about the new prisoner, what does his cot seem to change into?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the director reads his formal speech to Cincinnatus, where does Cincinnatus go?
2. In the story that Cincinnatus tells from his childhood, how does he get to the garden?
3. What does Cincinnatus hope to get out of seeing Marthe?
4. What happens when there start to be complaints about Cincinnatus?
5. Besides how long Cincinnatus has until his execution, what else does Cincinnatus want to know from his captors? What is their response?
6. How does Marthe's father treat Cincinnatus?
7. What formula about mortality does Cincinnatus give, which he says applies to everyone?
8. What does Cincinnatus describe happening to the world in his dreams?
9. What does Cincinnatus realize as he heads back to his cell with Rodion?
10. What types of dreams do the prison rules disallow?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)