|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lawyer offer to Cincinnatus?
(a) A private meeting with the judge.
(b) Free services to make his will and a trust for his wife.
(c) Copies of the trial transcript.
(d) An autographed photo of himself.
2. What is Marthe holding when she meets with Cincinnaus?
(a) A flower.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A candle.
(d) A mirror.
3. What does the prison director scold the prisoner for doing?
(a) Looking out of the window.
(b) Going out of his cell.
(c) Letting his dinner get cold.
(d) Complaining about the conditions at the prison.
4. What animal does Pierre compare Cincinnatus to?
(a) A shy deer.
(b) A wolf cub.
(c) A snake.
(d) A prowling cat.
5. How many children does Marthe have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emmie slip past when he opens the door to Cincinnatus's cell?
2. What is Cincinnatus's lawyer looking for when he visits Cincinnatus?
3. Who does Cincinnatus ask to turn off the lights before he goes to bed?
4. What does M'sieur Pierre show Cincinnatus?
5. What time does the cell light go out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus realize as he heads back to his cell with Rodion?
2. What happens after Cincinnatus goes to bed, the night after the prisoner arrives?
3. Describe the librarian.
4. How does Cincinnatus respond to Pierre's story of why he is in prison?
5. Describe the inside of the prison.
6. How does Emmie say goodbye to Cincinnatus?
7. What does Cincinnatus at first mistake for a window?
8. In the story that Cincinnatus tells from his childhood, how does he get to the garden?
9. After the director reads his formal speech to Cincinnatus, where does Cincinnatus go?
10. What reason does Cincinnatus give for needing to know the schedule for his execution?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)