|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodrig want to add to Pierre's speech?
(a) His own favorite photograph.
(b) His own favorite smell.
(c) His own favorite memory.
(d) His own favorite food.
2. What does Cincinnatus insist on doing himself?
(a) Speaking to the crowd.
(b) Cleaning his neck.
(c) Removing his shirt.
(d) Placing the block.
3. Where is the light on Cincinnatus' ceiling placed?
(a) At the edge of the room, right over the window.
(b) Exactly in the center of the ceiling.
(c) Not quite in the center of the ceiling.
(d) At the edge of the room, right over the door.
4. What does Cincinnatus do on the morning of his scheduled execution?
(a) Write his last thoughts.
(b) Pace jerkily around the room.
(c) Stay in bed.
(d) Sit in the corner under the window.
5. How do the city officials say to Pierre at the end of the supper?
(a) They hope they'll have more executions for him.
(b) They warn him to be careful.
(c) They give him a raise.
(d) They congratulate him.
6. What does Cincinnatus learn from the newspaper?
(a) Pierre is comatose.
(b) Pierre is dead.
(c) Pierre is missing.
(d) Pierre is ill.
7. What do women throw at Cincinnatus as he passes on the way to his execution?
8. What happens to the tunnel entrance in Cincinntus' cell?
(a) It is plastered over.
(b) It is covered with a sign that says "Do Not Enter."
(c) It is loosely boarded over.
(d) It disappears without explanation.
9. Where will the execution take place?
(a) The Capitol Steps.
(b) Honor Park.
(c) Remembrance Monument.
(d) Thriller Square.
10. What does Cincinnatus attribute the scratching on the walls to?
(a) An unknown prisoner in the next cell trying to communicate.
(b) Rats in the walls.
(c) His own overactive imagination.
(d) Someone tunneling toward him to help him escape.
11. What does Cincinnatus refuse to do after Pierre's speech about why he pretended to be a prisoner?
(a) Give Pierre a hug.
(b) Shake Pierre's hand.
(c) Listen to Pierre.
(d) Look at Pierre.
12. Why does CIncinnatus ask the guards to stop bringing the paper?
(a) Because the papers are starting to pile up in the corner of the cell.
(b) Because articles about his upcoming execution are always clipped out.
(c) Because the newspaper is always filled with lies about him.
(d) Because he finds the news depressing.
13. What does CIncinnatus do in response to the scratching noises?
(b) Call out.
(c) Knock on the walls.
(d) Scratch on the walls.
14. What does Cincinnatus do after he writes his last word?
(a) He crosses it off.
(b) He burns the paper.
(c) He erases it.
(d) He crumples up the paper.
15. What falls from the sky when Cincinnatus goes to bed to read his novel?
(a) A note from Marthe.
(b) A dead bird.
(c) A large purple pot.
(d) A giant fake acorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cincinnatus feel when he wakes on the scheduled morning of his execution?
2. Who does Rodrig show Cincinnatus a 'photohoroscope' of?
3. What does Pierre tell Cincinnatus to do in the moments before the execution?
4. What does Pierre talk about during his game of chess with Cincinnatus?
5. Where does the tunnel lead to?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)