|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierre anoint himself and Cincinnatus with?
2. Where is the light on Cincinnatus' ceiling placed?
(a) Exactly in the center of the ceiling.
(b) Not quite in the center of the ceiling.
(c) At the edge of the room, right over the door.
(d) At the edge of the room, right over the window.
3. In the photohoroscope, when does the subject die?
(a) At sixty years old.
(b) At forty years old.
(c) At seventy years old.
(d) At fifty years old.
4. What does Cincinnatus attribute the scratching on the walls to?
(a) Rats in the walls.
(b) Someone tunneling toward him to help him escape.
(c) His own overactive imagination.
(d) An unknown prisoner in the next cell trying to communicate.
5. What park is next to the meeting between Pierre, Cincinnatus, and the city officials?
(a) Blithely Forest.
(b) Orlando Square.
(c) Prospero Park.
(d) Tamara Gardens.
6. What does Rodrig want to add to Pierre's speech?
(a) His own favorite photograph.
(b) His own favorite food.
(c) His own favorite memory.
(d) His own favorite smell.
7. What happens to the scratching noises when Cincinnatus makes noise?
(a) They get very quiet.
(b) They get louder.
(c) They stop.
(d) They move to another part of the wall.
8. Who brings Cincinnatus' chair back to him?
(b) The librarian.
9. What do women throw at Cincinnatus as he passes on the way to his execution?
10. What does Pierre talk about during his game of chess with Cincinnatus?
(d) The weather.
11. How do the city officials say to Pierre at the end of the supper?
(a) They hope they'll have more executions for him.
(b) They warn him to be careful.
(c) They give him a raise.
(d) They congratulate him.
12. What does the spider turn into before Cincinnatus leaves for his execution?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A mechanical fake.
(c) A rat.
(d) A bouncing ball.
13. What is the last word that Cincinnatus has to find an additional piece of paper to write?
14. Who does Cincinnatus ask to deliver his letter to Marthe?
(b) The director.
15. What does Pierre do when Rodrig Ivanovich comes in to listen to his lecture?
(a) He starts lecturing louder.
(b) He starts over.
(c) He goes on, ignoring Rodrig.
(d) He stops lecturing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus learn from the newspaper?
2. Where does Cincinnatus see Marthe, during his trip to the location of his execution?
3. Where will the execution take place?
4. What does Pierre tell Cincinnatus to do in the moments before the execution?
5. How does Cincinnatus say that the prison clock works?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)