|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marthe give to Cincinnatus when she comes to see him?
2. What does Cincinnatus do when Marthe offers to have sex with him?
(a) He doesn't answer.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He says yes, if Marthe agrees to be quiet.
(d) He says that he wants to but he's too afraid.
3. In the photohoroscope, when does the subject die?
(a) At fifty years old.
(b) At sixty years old.
(c) At seventy years old.
(d) At forty years old.
4. Who has asked Marthe to marry him?
(a) The prison director.
(b) A city official.
(d) Their former neighbor.
5. What do women throw at Cincinnatus as he passes on the way to his execution?
6. What does Cincinnatus finally ask for as his last wish?
(a) A kiss from his wife.
(b) Three minutes of privacy.
(c) A promise to publish his writing.
(d) A cigarette and a cup of coffee.
7. What initials are supposed to be spelled out in lights in the park?
(a) "P" and "C."
(b) "P" and "R."
(c) "E" and "P."
(d) "M" and "P."
8. How do the city officials say to Pierre at the end of the supper?
(a) They hope they'll have more executions for him.
(b) They congratulate him.
(c) They give him a raise.
(d) They warn him to be careful.
9. What does Pierre keep in a large case?
(a) An axe.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bow.
(d) A sword.
10. How does Cincinnatus feel when he wakes on the scheduled morning of his execution?
11. What does Pierre tell Cincinnatus to do in the moments before the execution?
(c) Close his eyes.
12. Who does Cincinnatus ask to deliver his letter to Marthe?
(c) The director.
13. What time of day do the scratching noises start up again, for the last time?
(a) In the dead of night.
(b) In the late afternoon.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) Exactly at noon.
14. When Pierre talks to CIncinnatus about the execution, when does he say it is scheduled for?
(a) Five days hence.
(b) One week hence.
(c) Three days hence.
(d) The day after next.
15. Where does Cincinnatus see Marthe, during his trip to the location of his execution?
(a) In an apple tree.
(b) Hiding behind a wheelbarrow.
(c) Peeking out of a window.
(d) On a park bench, kissing a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Marthe give Cincinnatus for why his execution has been delayed?
2. How does Cincinnatus get to the location of the execution?
3. Where is the light on Cincinnatus' ceiling placed?
4. What does Cincinnatus do on the morning of his scheduled execution?
5. What does Rodion bring for the spider?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)