|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Cincinnatus when he gets his first job?
2. Who does Rodrig Ivanovich seem to transform into?
(c) The spider.
3. What is the one difference between Marthe's two identical twin brothers?
(a) One wears all red clothes and the other all black.
(b) One is missing a hand, and he keeps his false hand in is pocket.
(c) One has a black mustache and the other a blonde one.
(d) One is an inch taller than the other.
4. What does Pierre tell Cincinnatus that they will do together?
(a) Walk up the execution scaffold.
(b) Find a path to spiritual well-being.
(c) Take over the guard towers.
(d) Walk out of the prison to freedom.
5. What scent does Rodrig spray around the cell?
6. Where did Cincinnatus grow up?
(a) Homeless on the streets.
(b) In a convent.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In a foster home.
7. What does Pierre say when Cincinnatus asks if he is telling the truth?
(a) That he's insulted by the question.
(b) That he never lies.
(c) That he often lies, but not about this.
(d) That he can neither confirm nor deny it.
8. What awakens Cincinnatus the third day?
(b) A taste.
(d) A smell.
9. What does Cincinnatus describe as discovering, as he takes off layer after layer of his clothes/himself?
(a) His core being.
(d) A connection with the world.
10. Where does Rodion tell Cincinnatus to go while his cell is cleaned?
(a) To another cell.
(b) Out in the hall.
(c) Down to the guards' quarters.
(d) Up to the roof.
11. What metaphor does Cincinnatus use for trying to find the essence of what he wants to say?
(a) Trying to capture the ash as it flies up in the flame.
(b) Groping in the sand beneath the water for something shiny.
(c) Searching through a forest for a vanishing figure.
(d) Digging down into the ground to try to uncover roots.
12. What does Cincinnatus think is happening when he wakes up the third day?
(a) Cincinnatus thinks he must be about to be freed.
(b) Cincinnatus thinks he must be dreaming.
(c) Cincinnatus thinks it must be time for the execution.
(d) Cincinnatus thinks Marthe must be coming to visit.
13. What additional news does Cincinnatus get at the same time?
(a) He will be moved to a roomier cell.
(b) He will be allowed to choose the time of his execution.
(c) He will be given an extra daily dessert.
(d) He will be allowed to meet with his wife.
14. What does the director say to Cincinnatus after the meeting with Pierre?
(a) That he envies Cincinnatus.
(b) That he is ashamed of Cincinnatus.
(c) That he is proud of Cincinnatus.
(d) That he is happy for Cincinnatus.
15. What does Diomedon's right leg resemble?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A tree.
(d) A fishing pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present has one of Marthe's brothers brought Cincinnatus?
2. Who turns the cell light out?
3. Who does Emmie tease during Marthe's visit?
4. What is Marthe wearing when she meets with Cincinnatus?
5. What does the lawyer offer to Cincinnatus?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)