Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens Cincinnatus the third day?
(c) A smell.
(d) A taste.
2. What was unusual about Cincinnatus' sentence?
(a) The sentence was pronounced backwards.
(b) The sentences was pronounced in a foreign language.
(c) The sentence was pronounced three times in repetion.
(d) The sentence was pronounced in a coded phrase.
3. What is Cincinnatus allowed to wear at gala performances because of his profession?
(a) A feathered hat.
(b) A red fringed robe.
(c) Heeled black velvet shoes.
(d) White silk stockings.
4. Where did Cincinnatus grow up?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) Homeless on the streets.
(c) In a convent.
(d) In a foster home.
5. What do Rodion and Cincinnatus do when Rodion comes back to Cincinnatus's cell after first dropping him off?
(a) They dance.
(b) They jump.
(c) They sing.
(d) They fly.
6. What does Cincinnatus credit his lawyer with?
(a) Making eloquent speeches that accomplish nothing.
(b) Making himself look good at Cincinnatus's expense.
(c) Avoiding doing anything at all at the trial.
(d) Saving him from a worse punishment than beheading.
7. What does Cincinnatus describe as discovering, as he takes off layer after layer of his clothes/himself?
(a) His core being.
(d) A connection with the world.
8. How are the books in the library catalog listed?
(a) By the color of the cover.
(b) By the number of pages.
(c) By the author's middle initial.
(d) By the weight of the volume.
9. What happens when Marthe's grandfather goes to light Marthe's father's cigarette?
(a) He drops the lighter.
(b) Marthe's father lights the cigarette first.
(c) The lighter goes out.
(d) He can't make the lighter alight.
10. What is Rodrig Ivanovich holding after Cincinnatus reads the letter?
(a) A large apple.
(b) A wall calendar.
(c) A desk lamp.
(d) A carving knife.
11. What does Pierre criticize Cincinnatus' attitude as?
(a) Constantly angry.
(b) Not serious enough.
(d) Selfish and contemptuous.
12. What does Cincinnatus think is happening when he wakes up the third day?
(a) Cincinnatus thinks he must be dreaming.
(b) Cincinnatus thinks it must be time for the execution.
(c) Cincinnatus thinks he must be about to be freed.
(d) Cincinnatus thinks Marthe must be coming to visit.
13. What does Cincinnatus tell the lawyer is not real?
(a) Cincinnatus says the prison isn't real.
(b) Cincinnatus says that he is not real.
(c) Cincinnatus says that the execution isn't real.
(d) Cincinnatus says the people around him aren't real.
14. Why does Cincinnatus start to go for a walk?
(a) Emmie beckons to him.
(b) He sees a light down the hallway.
(c) He wants to sneak away.
(d) Rodion suggests it.
15. What does Diomedon's right leg resemble?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A tree.
(d) A rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus write is more real than the everyday world?
2. What does Rodrig Ivanovich say after Cincinnatus reads the letter?
3. What present has one of Marthe's brothers brought Cincinnatus?
4. Where is Cincinnatus during his meeting with Pierre the day after Marthe's first visit?
5. What does Marthe's escort keep trying to make her wear?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)