|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diomedon's right leg resemble?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) A tree.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A rifle.
2. What unnatural event from Cincinnatus' childhood does he describe?
(a) A bird flying up into the sky and becoming a cloud.
(b) A man getting up to help him, and his shadow not following right away.
(c) A woman singing and gradually becoming a chorus and then an orchestra.
(d) A spider growing larger and larger, and then turning into a bus.
3. What does the director give to Pierre?
(a) Cincinnatus's drawing.
(b) A chocolate cake.
(c) Two gold coins.
(d) The librarian's scarf.
4. Why does Cincinnatus start to go for a walk?
(a) He sees a light down the hallway.
(b) Rodion suggests it.
(c) He wants to sneak away.
(d) Emmie beckons to him.
5. What is Marthe holding when she meets with Cincinnaus?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A candle.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A flower.
6. What color are the festive walls of Cincinnatus' cell, as the sun shines in through the freshly washed window?
7. What does Cincinnatus write is more real than the everyday world?
8. What present has one of Marthe's brothers brought Cincinnatus?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A photograph of himself.
(c) A bowl of wax fruit.
(d) A statue of Marthe.
9. What does M'sieur Pierre show Cincinnatus?
(a) Different colored stones.
(b) Articles cut out from magazines.
(c) Snapshots of himself.
(d) A collection of stamps from different times and places.
10. How does Cincinnatus feel about his wife?
(a) He doesn't care about her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He likes her.
11. What does Cincinnatus do when he undresses at the end of his second day in prison?
(a) He redresses and undresses in several different outfits, changing personality.
(b) He continues undressing and takes apart his entire body.
(c) He puts his clothes in the bed to form a second version of him.
(d) He throws his clothes out the window.
12. When does Pierre say that prison escapes happen?
(a) Only in fairy tales.
(b) When you are unjustly accused.
(c) When the guards are lax.
(d) Only at night.
13. What reason does Cincinnatus write that he is too dangerous as his own accomplice?
(a) He distrusts himself.
(b) He means to betray himself.
(c) He cannot control himself.
(d) He knows too much.
14. How long does the letter say Cincinnatus will have to wait for the interview?
(a) One week.
(b) Four days.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
15. Where does Cincinnatus write that he will evolve a third eye?
(a) On his hand.
(b) On the back of his skull.
(c) On the back of his neck.
(d) On his forehead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Cincinnatus in his prison cell?
2. What does the librarian refuse to do?
3. What does Pierre say when Cincinnatus asks if he is telling the truth?
4. How many children does Marthe have?
5. Where does Pierre say he is from?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)