|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emmie slip past when he opens the door to Cincinnatus's cell?
(b) Cincinnatus's lawyer.
(c) The prison guard.
(d) The prison director.
2. What reason does Cincinnatus give Emmie that proves to him that everyone is talking about the date of his execution?
(a) The guard turns off the radio whenever he approaches.
(b) A square was cut out of his morning paper.
(c) Everyone looks at him as if they know a secret.
(d) He hears people whispering outside his cell.
3. What is Marthe wearing when she meets with Cincinnatus?
(a) A bright blue tafetta dress with golden bracelets.
(b) A flowing white dress with silver trim.
(c) A good black dress and a velvet ribbon choker.
(d) A short red dress and high heeled shoes.
4. How does Cincinnatus feel about his wife?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He doesn't care about her.
(c) He likes her.
(d) He loves her.
5. Where does Cincinnatus write that he will evolve a third eye?
(a) On his hand.
(b) On his forehead.
(c) On the back of his skull.
(d) On the back of his neck.
6. What part of Cincinnatus' body does Pierre examine?
(a) His back.
(b) His arm.
(c) His foot.
(d) His neck.
7. What does Pierre tell Cincinnatus that they will do together?
(a) Take over the guard towers.
(b) Walk out of the prison to freedom.
(c) Walk up the execution scaffold.
(d) Find a path to spiritual well-being.
8. While Cincinnatus meets with his lawyer, who does the prison director inform Cincinnatus is coming?
(a) Another prisoner.
(b) The trial judge.
(c) Another lawyer.
(d) His wife.
9. What is Marthe holding when she meets with Cincinnaus?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A candle.
(d) A flower.
10. What happens when M'sieur Pierre sits down?
(a) His legs do not reach the floor.
(b) The chair is too weak and the seat cracks beneath him.
(c) The chair is too deep and he must sit on the forward edge.
(d) He bends his body as if sitting but floats an inch above the chair seat.
11. How long does the letter say Cincinnatus will have to wait for the interview?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Four days.
(d) One day.
12. What does the director say is wrong with Roman Vissarionovich?
(a) He has a bad cold.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) He has pneumonia.
(d) He has laryngitis.
13. What does Cincinnatus tell the lawyer is not real?
(a) Cincinnatus says the people around him aren't real.
(b) Cincinnatus says the prison isn't real.
(c) Cincinnatus says that he is not real.
(d) Cincinnatus says that the execution isn't real.
14. Who does Rodrig Ivanovich seem to transform into?
(a) The spider.
15. What does Cincinnatus think would be necessary for Emmie to rescue him?
(a) For her to listen to him tell his story.
(b) For her to mature yet remain a child.
(c) For her to feel sorry for him.
(d) For her to love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Cincinnatus when he gets his first job?
2. What does the director give to Pierre?
3. What do Rodion and Cincinnatus do when Rodion comes back to Cincinnatus's cell after first dropping him off?
4. How old is Emmie?
5. What does Cincinnatus do at night in his youth when he has his first job?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)