|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Cincinnatus' body does Pierre examine?
(a) His arm.
(b) His back.
(c) His neck.
(d) His foot.
2. What do Rodion and Cincinnatus do when Rodion comes back to Cincinnatus's cell after first dropping him off?
(a) They sing.
(b) They jump.
(c) They fly.
(d) They dance.
3. Where is the prison located?
(a) In the middle of the town.
(b) On a mountaintop.
(c) In a lake in a valley.
(d) Inside a cavern.
4. How old is Emmie?
5. Where does the lawyer take Cincinnatus during their meeting?
(a) Cincinnatus's home.
(b) The prison basement.
(c) The prison roof.
(d) The lawyer's home.
6. What awakens Cincinnatus the third day?
(c) A smell.
(d) A taste.
7. What does Cincinnatus do with the special envelope his lawyer has brought?
(a) Cincinnatus throws it out the window.
(b) Cincinnatus spits on it.
(c) Cincinnatus tears it up.
(d) Cincinnatus burns it.
8. What is Rodrig Ivanovich holding after Cincinnatus reads the letter?
(a) A carving knife.
(b) A desk lamp.
(c) A wall calendar.
(d) A large apple.
9. When Cincinnatus asks the prison director when his execution will be, what answer does the director give?
(a) The director does not know when the execution will be.
(b) The director says the execution will be the next day.
(c) The director says the execution will be whenever Cincinnatus is ready.
(d) The director says the execution will be in a year.
10. On the eighth day, how much of Cincinnatus' pencil is used up?
(a) More than a third.
(b) Almost two-thirds.
(c) About half.
(d) Exactly one quarter.
11. What does Cincinnatus describe as discovering, as he takes off layer after layer of his clothes/himself?
(b) A connection with the world.
(c) His core being.
12. What does Cincinnatus look at in the library catalog?
(a) A note from the librarian.
(b) A child's drawings.
(c) A photograph of himself.
(d) A map of the town.
13. How long does the letter say Cincinnatus will have to wait for the interview?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) One month.
14. Who finds what the lawyer was looking for at the beginning of his meeting with Cincinnatus?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The prison guard.
(c) The prison director.
15. What does Pierre criticize Cincinnatus' attitude as?
(a) Selfish and contemptuous.
(b) Not serious enough.
(c) Constantly angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is reflected in the mirror of the wardrobe that Marthe brings with her?
2. What reason does Cincinnatus give Emmie that proves to him that everyone is talking about the date of his execution?
3. Where is the new prisoner sitting when Cincinnatus first sees him?
4. Who enters the cell after Cincinnatus undresses at the end of his second day in prison, snapping Cincinnatus's world back to normal?
5. After Cincinnatus gets the news about the new prisoner, what does his cot seem to change into?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)