|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus describe as discovering, as he takes off layer after layer of his clothes/himself?
(a) A connection with the world.
(d) His core being.
2. How does Marthe leave her first visit with Cincinnatus?
(a) She is carried out on a couch.
(b) She walks out laughing.
(c) She runs out crying.
(d) She waves goodbye and seems to vanish.
3. What does Cincinnatus credit his lawyer with?
(a) Avoiding doing anything at all at the trial.
(b) Making himself look good at Cincinnatus's expense.
(c) Making eloquent speeches that accomplish nothing.
(d) Saving him from a worse punishment than beheading.
4. After Cincinnatus gets the news about the new prisoner, what does his cot seem to change into?
(a) A bush.
(b) A horse.
(c) A boat.
(d) A door.
5. What is Marthe holding when she meets with Cincinnaus?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A flower.
(c) A candle.
(d) A rosary.
6. Where is the prison located?
(a) In the middle of the town.
(b) On a mountaintop.
(c) Inside a cavern.
(d) In a lake in a valley.
7. On the eighth day, how much of Cincinnatus' pencil is used up?
(a) Almost two-thirds.
(b) About half.
(c) Exactly one quarter.
(d) More than a third.
8. How old is Emmie?
9. What happens when Marthe's grandfather goes to light Marthe's father's cigarette?
(a) The lighter goes out.
(b) He drops the lighter.
(c) Marthe's father lights the cigarette first.
(d) He can't make the lighter alight.
10. What scent does Rodrig spray around the cell?
11. How long does the letter say Cincinnatus will have to wait for the interview?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Four days.
12. When does Cincinnatus think the execution will be at the end of his second day in prison?
(a) He thinks it will probably be on Saturday, when everyone is off work.
(b) He thinks it will probably be at least a month.
(c) He thinks it will probably be the next day.
(d) He thinks it will probably be at least a week.
13. What is the first thing Cincinnatus says to Emmie after she slips into his room?
(a) Hello, little girl.
(b) You are safe.
(c) He is gone.
(d) Who are you?
14. What does the librarian refuse to do?
(a) Particpate in Pierre's card trick.
(b) Discuss the organization of the library.
(c) Discuss the conditions of Cincinnatus's cell.
(d) Bring Cincinnatus's books.
15. Besides blades, what does Rodion's penknife have?
(a) A nail file.
(b) A corkscrew.
(c) A screw driver.
(d) A spoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the director say is wrong with Roman Vissarionovich?
2. What reason does Rodrig give Cincinnatus to discourage him from complaining?
3. What does Cincinnatus do to try and look out the window?
4. What does Cincinnatus think would be necessary for Emmie to rescue him?
5. Which way does Rodion sharpen a pencil?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)