Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the inside of the prison.
2. What reason does Cincinnatus give for needing to know the schedule for his execution?
3. After the director reads his formal speech to Cincinnatus, where does Cincinnatus go?
4. At the end of his first day in prison, what does Cincinnatus think about?
5. How does Cincinnatus describe his difference from other people?
6. Describe Cincinnatus's early days with his wife.
7. What happens when there start to be complaints about Cincinnatus?
8. What causes Cincinnatus to finally be caught?
9. How do the lawyer, the prison director, and Rodion characterize Cincinnatus' behavior?
10. Besides how long Cincinnatus has until his execution, what else does Cincinnatus want to know from his captors? What is their response?
11. Describe Cincinnatus's walk through the prison staircase.
12. Describe the view of the surrounding land that Cincinnatus sees.
13. What does Emmie do with the water jug in Cincinnatus' cell?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)