|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus refuse to do after Pierre's speech about why he pretended to be a prisoner?
(a) Give Pierre a hug.
(b) Look at Pierre.
(c) Listen to Pierre.
(d) Shake Pierre's hand.
2. What does the prison director scold the prisoner for doing?
(a) Looking out of the window.
(b) Letting his dinner get cold.
(c) Going out of his cell.
(d) Complaining about the conditions at the prison.
3. What color is the letter Cincinnatus receives when he wakes?
4. Which way does Rodion sharpen a pencil?
(a) With his teeth.
(b) Toward himself with a knife.
(c) Alternately away from himself and toward himself with a knife.
(d) Away from himself with a knife.
5. What does the director give to Pierre?
(a) Two gold coins.
(b) Cincinnatus's drawing.
(c) The librarian's scarf.
(d) A chocolate cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus think is happening when he wakes up the third day?
2. When does Pierre say that prison escapes happen?
3. What do the guards bring Cincinnatus instead of hot chocolate to drink?
4. What does Cincinnatus do when he undresses at the end of his second day in prison?
5. After Emmie leaves his cell, what does Cincinnatus start philosophizing about in his pile of books?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)