|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pierre characterize Cincinnatus's desire to know the date of his execution?
(a) As mindless parroting.
(b) As foolish curiosity.
(c) As a clever ruse.
(d) As light and friendly banter.
2. After Emmie leaves his cell, what does Cincinnatus start philosophizing about in his pile of books?
(a) A collection of newspaper clippings.
(b) A small pamphlet.
(c) A large hardcover volume missing the rest of the set.
(d) An old magazine.
3. What about Pierre does Cincinnatus say might prevent him from making an effective escape?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His tendency to talk.
(c) His attitude.
(d) His short legs.
4. Where does the tunnel lead to?
(a) Pierre's cell.
(b) An empty cell.
(c) The prison director's office.
(d) The library.
5. What does CIncinnatus do in response to the scratching noises?
(a) Call out.
(b) Scratch on the walls.
(d) Knock on the walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre do when Rodrig Ivanovich comes in to listen to his lecture?
2. When does Pierre say that prison escapes happen?
3. Where is Cincinnatus during his meeting with Pierre the day after Marthe's first visit?
4. Who tells Cincinnatus that the new prisoner has arrived?
5. What is the one difference between Marthe's two identical twin brothers?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)