|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the new prisoner sitting when Cincinnatus first sees him?
(a) On a chair in the corner.
(b) On the bed.
(c) At the table.
(d) On the floor.
2. What does Cincinnatus say when he learns his mother has come to see him?
(a) He is glad to meet with her again.
(b) He doesn't want to see her.
(c) He is too exhausted to have an opinion.
(d) He has been searching for her and is happy to see her for the first time.
3. Who brings Cincinnatus' chair back to him?
(d) The librarian.
4. What does Cincinnatus do at night in his youth when he has his first job?
(a) He reads.
(b) He listens to music.
(c) He writes.
(d) He plays chess.
5. What present has one of Marthe's brothers brought Cincinnatus?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A photograph of himself.
(c) A statue of Marthe.
(d) A bowl of wax fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emmie whisper in Cincinnatus's ear?
2. Who does Emmie slip past when he opens the door to Cincinnatus's cell?
3. Who does Emmie tease during Marthe's visit?
4. How does the judge deliver Cincinnatus' sentence?
5. What does Pierre do when Rodrig Ivanovich comes in to listen to his lecture?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)