|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds what the lawyer was looking for at the beginning of his meeting with Cincinnatus?
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The prison guard.
(d) The prison director.
2. What does the librarian refuse to do?
(a) Particpate in Pierre's card trick.
(b) Discuss the conditions of Cincinnatus's cell.
(c) Discuss the organization of the library.
(d) Bring Cincinnatus's books.
3. What irrelevant detail does the letter mention?
(a) Replacement parts for the prison clock.
(b) New bricks for the prison driveway.
(c) Presents for the guards.
(d) Paint for the sentry boxes.
4. On the eighth day, how much of Cincinnatus' pencil is used up?
(a) Almost two-thirds.
(b) About half.
(c) Exactly one quarter.
(d) More than a third.
5. What does Cincinnatus do at night in his youth when he has his first job?
(a) He writes.
(b) He listens to music.
(c) He reads.
(d) He plays chess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the prison located?
2. What is Marthe wearing when she meets with Cincinnatus?
3. Why does Cincinnatus start to go for a walk?
4. What does the new prisoner look like?
5. What is Rodrig Ivanovich holding after Cincinnatus reads the letter?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)