|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prison director scold the prisoner for doing?
(a) Complaining about the conditions at the prison.
(b) Letting his dinner get cold.
(c) Looking out of the window.
(d) Going out of his cell.
2. Where does Cincinnatus write that he will evolve a third eye?
(a) On his hand.
(b) On the back of his skull.
(c) On the back of his neck.
(d) On his forehead.
3. What irrelevant detail does the letter mention?
(a) Presents for the guards.
(b) Paint for the sentry boxes.
(c) New bricks for the prison driveway.
(d) Replacement parts for the prison clock.
4. What does Emmie do when Rodion comes to chase her out of the cell?
(a) She runs to him and hugs him.
(b) She asks him to pick her up and carry her.
(c) She sits down and refuses to budge.
(d) She laughs and runs away.
5. What is reflected in the mirror of the wardrobe that Marthe brings with her?
(a) Cincinnatus and Marthe's hallway and the front door beyond.
(b) The back of Marthe's head.
(c) A shadowy figure that Cincinnatus cannot make out.
(d) A corner of her and Cincinnatus' bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus see in the morning papers?
2. Why does Cincinnatus start to go for a walk?
3. What unnatural event from Cincinnatus' childhood does he describe?
4. What is Cincinnatus's lawyer looking for when he visits Cincinnatus?
5. What is wrapped around Pauline's neck?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)