|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the letter Cincinnatus receives when he wakes?
2. What happens when M'sieur Pierre sits down?
(a) The chair is too deep and he must sit on the forward edge.
(b) The chair is too weak and the seat cracks beneath him.
(c) He bends his body as if sitting but floats an inch above the chair seat.
(d) His legs do not reach the floor.
3. What does Cincinnatus do at night in his youth when he has his first job?
(a) He listens to music.
(b) He writes.
(c) He plays chess.
(d) He reads.
4. What does Cincinnatus tell the lawyer is not real?
(a) Cincinnatus says that the execution isn't real.
(b) Cincinnatus says that he is not real.
(c) Cincinnatus says the people around him aren't real.
(d) Cincinnatus says the prison isn't real.
5. What reason does Cincinnatus give Emmie that proves to him that everyone is talking about the date of his execution?
(a) Everyone looks at him as if they know a secret.
(b) A square was cut out of his morning paper.
(c) He hears people whispering outside his cell.
(d) The guard turns off the radio whenever he approaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cincinnatus allowed to wear at gala performances because of his profession?
2. Where did Cincinnatus grow up?
3. What does Cincinnatus write is more real than the everyday world?
4. What is Marthe wearing when she meets with Cincinnatus?
5. What does Cincinnatus think is happening when he wakes up the third day?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)