|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens Cincinnatus the third day?
(a) A smell.
(b) A taste.
2. What does Cincinnatus see in the morning papers?
(a) Photos of the executioner waving to a crowd.
(b) Photos of the judge and his lawyer.
(c) Photos of his house and family.
(d) Photos of the prison.
3. What happens when Marthe's grandfather goes to light Marthe's father's cigarette?
(a) The lighter goes out.
(b) He can't make the lighter alight.
(c) Marthe's father lights the cigarette first.
(d) He drops the lighter.
4. What words does Cincinnatus see written on the wall of the hallway?
(a) Give up already.
(b) Testing brush.
(c) No one was here.
(d) Look up.
5. What animal arrives with Marthe and her family?
(a) A bulldog.
(b) An iguana.
(c) A black cat.
(d) An albino rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds what the lawyer was looking for at the beginning of his meeting with Cincinnatus?
2. After Emmie leaves his cell, what does Cincinnatus start philosophizing about in his pile of books?
3. What is the director's attitude toward M'sieur Pierre?
4. How does Cincinnatus feel about his wife?
5. What is Marthe holding when she meets with Cincinnaus?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)