|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus think would be necessary for Emmie to rescue him?
(a) For her to listen to him tell his story.
(b) For her to feel sorry for him.
(c) For her to mature yet remain a child.
(d) For her to love him.
2. What present has one of Marthe's brothers brought Cincinnatus?
(a) A bowl of wax fruit.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A photograph of himself.
(d) A statue of Marthe.
3. What does the prison director scold the prisoner for doing?
(a) Looking out of the window.
(b) Complaining about the conditions at the prison.
(c) Going out of his cell.
(d) Letting his dinner get cold.
4. What animal arrives with Marthe and her family?
(a) A black cat.
(b) An albino rat.
(c) An iguana.
(d) A bulldog.
5. What furniture is in Cincinnatus' cell?
(a) A couch, a wardrobe, and a coffee table.
(b) A murphy bed and a bookshelf.
(c) A cot, a table, and a chair.
(d) A desk and a bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the festive walls of Cincinnatus' cell, as the sun shines in through the freshly washed window?
2. What possible consequence of Roman's sickness does the director mention?
3. What does Cincinnatus tell the lawyer is not real?
4. What happens when M'sieur Pierre sits down?
5. What happens when Marthe's grandfather goes to light Marthe's father's cigarette?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)