|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Rodrig give Cincinnatus to discourage him from complaining?
(a) He says that complainers tend to get worse punishment.
(b) He says the Congress will not meet until June.
(c) He says a letter of complaint will not be delivered unless the prison director allows it.
(d) He says that it would be impolite of him to complain.
2. What does the director say is wrong with Roman Vissarionovich?
(a) He has a bad cold.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He has laryngitis.
(d) He fell down the stairs.
3. What additional news does Cincinnatus get at the same time?
(a) He will be allowed to choose the time of his execution.
(b) He will be given an extra daily dessert.
(c) He will be allowed to meet with his wife.
(d) He will be moved to a roomier cell.
4. What does M'sieur Pierre show Cincinnatus?
(a) Snapshots of himself.
(b) A collection of stamps from different times and places.
(c) Different colored stones.
(d) Articles cut out from magazines.
5. What does Cincinnatus think is happening when he wakes up the third day?
(a) Cincinnatus thinks he must be dreaming.
(b) Cincinnatus thinks he must be about to be freed.
(c) Cincinnatus thinks it must be time for the execution.
(d) Cincinnatus thinks Marthe must be coming to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when M'sieur Pierre sits down?
2. Who tells Cincinnatus that the new prisoner has arrived?
3. In the prison rule number two, what does it say is the prison's pride?
4. What does Rodrig Ivanovich say after Cincinnatus reads the letter?
5. What is Cincinnatus's first job?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)