|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Cincinnatus gets the news about the new prisoner, what does his cot seem to change into?
(a) A bush.
(b) A horse.
(c) A boat.
(d) A door.
2. Where did Cincinnatus grow up?
(a) Homeless on the streets.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) In a foster home.
(d) In a convent.
3. When Cincinnatus asks the prison director when his execution will be, what answer does the director give?
(a) The director says the execution will be in a year.
(b) The director does not know when the execution will be.
(c) The director says the execution will be the next day.
(d) The director says the execution will be whenever Cincinnatus is ready.
4. How does Cincinnatus describe his wife?
(a) Nagging, stubborn, and unfaithful.
(b) Friendly, happy, and giving.
(c) Beautiful, humble, and weak.
(d) Forgiving, empty-headed, and easily manipulated.
5. What does Cincinnatus credit his lawyer with?
(a) Saving him from a worse punishment than beheading.
(b) Making himself look good at Cincinnatus's expense.
(c) Making eloquent speeches that accomplish nothing.
(d) Avoiding doing anything at all at the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus have to eat when Emmie comes into his cell?
2. What does the new prisoner look like?
3. What does Cincinnatus do at night in his youth when he has his first job?
4. Where does the lawyer take Cincinnatus during their meeting?
5. What was unusual about Cincinnatus' sentence?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)