|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the director think Cincinnatus should feel about the new prisoner?
(a) Sad at sharing the prison.
(b) Jealous and suspicious.
(c) Excited and anxious to meet him.
(d) Afraid to meet him, for fear of not being good enough.
2. What was unusual about Cincinnatus' sentence?
(a) The sentence was pronounced backwards.
(b) The sentence was pronounced three times in repetion.
(c) The sentences was pronounced in a foreign language.
(d) The sentence was pronounced in a coded phrase.
3. What does Cincinnatus have to eat when Emmie comes into his cell?
(a) Sweet rolls and orange juice.
(b) Hot chocolate and toast.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Coffee and cereal.
4. Where did Cincinnatus grow up?
(a) In a convent.
(b) In a foster home.
(c) Homeless on the streets.
(d) In an orphanage.
5. What reason does Cincinnatus give Emmie that proves to him that everyone is talking about the date of his execution?
(a) A square was cut out of his morning paper.
(b) Everyone looks at him as if they know a secret.
(c) The guard turns off the radio whenever he approaches.
(d) He hears people whispering outside his cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cincinnatus think is happening when he wakes up the third day?
2. After Emmie leaves his cell, what does Cincinnatus start philosophizing about in his pile of books?
3. What is the director doing when Rodion brings Cincinnatus back to his cell from the new prisoner's cell?
4. What is Cincinnatus's first job?
5. Where is the new prisoner sitting when Cincinnatus first sees him?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)