|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What additional news does Cincinnatus get at the same time?
(a) He will be moved to a roomier cell.
(b) He will be given an extra daily dessert.
(c) He will be allowed to choose the time of his execution.
(d) He will be allowed to meet with his wife.
2. What is reflected in the mirror of the wardrobe that Marthe brings with her?
(a) A corner of her and Cincinnatus' bedroom.
(b) A shadowy figure that Cincinnatus cannot make out.
(c) Cincinnatus and Marthe's hallway and the front door beyond.
(d) The back of Marthe's head.
3. What does Rodrig Ivanovich say after Cincinnatus reads the letter?
(a) He says the opposite of what the letter has told Cincinnatus.
(b) He says exactly what the letter says, word for word.
(c) He says not to trust the written word.
(d) He repeats the letter backwards.
4. What does Cincinnatus look at in the library catalog?
(a) A photograph of himself.
(b) A note from the librarian.
(c) A child's drawings.
(d) A map of the town.
5. What does Cincinnatus think is happening when he wakes up the third day?
(a) Cincinnatus thinks he must be dreaming.
(b) Cincinnatus thinks it must be time for the execution.
(c) Cincinnatus thinks Marthe must be coming to visit.
(d) Cincinnatus thinks he must be about to be freed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cincinnatus ask to deliver his letter to Marthe?
2. What is Marthe wearing when she meets with Cincinnatus?
3. How does the director think Cincinnatus should feel about the new prisoner?
4. What does Cincinnatus do to try and look out the window?
5. What does Cincinnatus do outside the new prisoner's cell?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)