|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the director's attitude toward M'sieur Pierre?
(a) Fawning and complimentary.
(b) Impartial and uncaring.
(c) Aloof and distainful.
(d) Irritated and grumbling.
2. What park is next to the meeting between Pierre, Cincinnatus, and the city officials?
(a) Blithely Forest.
(b) Orlando Square.
(c) Tamara Gardens.
(d) Prospero Park.
3. What about Pierre does Cincinnatus say might prevent him from making an effective escape?
(a) His short legs.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His tendency to talk.
(d) His attitude.
4. What does Cincinnatus attribute the scratching on the walls to?
(a) Someone tunneling toward him to help him escape.
(b) Rats in the walls.
(c) His own overactive imagination.
(d) An unknown prisoner in the next cell trying to communicate.
5. What animal arrives with Marthe and her family?
(a) An albino rat.
(b) A black cat.
(c) An iguana.
(d) A bulldog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the librarian refuse to do?
2. What does Cincinnatus do at night in his youth when he has his first job?
3. What does Pierre talk about during his game of chess with Cincinnatus?
4. What is the one difference between Marthe's two identical twin brothers?
5. Where did Cincinnatus grow up?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)