|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emmie slip past when he opens the door to Cincinnatus's cell?
(b) The prison guard.
(c) The prison director.
(d) Cincinnatus's lawyer.
2. What does Cincinnatus repeat?
(a) There is something I know.
(b) All is false and illusory.
(c) There is something missing.
(d) There is nothing in this world.
3. Which way does Rodion sharpen a pencil?
(a) Toward himself with a knife.
(b) Away from himself with a knife.
(c) Alternately away from himself and toward himself with a knife.
(d) With his teeth.
4. What present has one of Marthe's brothers brought Cincinnatus?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A bowl of wax fruit.
(c) A statue of Marthe.
(d) A photograph of himself.
5. What does Cincinnatus have to eat when Emmie comes into his cell?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(b) Sweet rolls and orange juice.
(c) Coffee and cereal.
(d) Hot chocolate and toast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Cincinnatus take on in his twenties?
2. What awakens Cincinnatus the third day?
3. What happens when M'sieur Pierre sits down?
4. What reason does Cincinnatus write that he is too dangerous as his own accomplice?
5. Who does Cincinnatus ask to deliver his letter to Marthe?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)