* Cincinnatus is put into the towering and isolated prison awaiting his execution. He is unable to find out when it is to be.
* Cincinnatus's experience of the jail is unreal and at one point, he walks out of the prison all the way to his house, only to find himself back in his cell.
* Cincinnatus is an orphan, the abandoned son of Cecilia C. and a stranger, and has been unlike other people all his life.
* Cincinnatus is married to Marthe, whose constant unfaithfulness led him to let his guard down and be arrested for being different from everyone else.
* Cincinnatus meets with his lawyer Roman Vissarionovich, who will not tell him when the execution is scheduled for.
* The prison director, Rodrig Ivanovich, tells CIncinnatus that another prisoner is coming to the prison. Rodrig and Roman take Cincinnatus up to the roof...
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)