|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of the grounds on Evie's property?
(a) Three Laotians whom she pays minimum wage.
(b) Her older brother comes over to mow the lawn.
(c) Evie enjoys gardening so she does it herself.
(d) Ashley Wilkes.
2. Why is Brandy so inspired by Miss Rona?
(a) Miss Rona, like Shannon, has a horrific accident.
(b) Miss Rona, like Brandy, completely recreates herself.
(c) Miss Rona, like Evie, is from Texas.
(d) Miss Rona, like Manus, is an undercover cop.
3. How is Shannon sabotaging Seth?
(a) She lies about him to Brandy.
(b) She is telling his secrets to the government.
(c) She steals his money.
(d) She secretly feeds him hormones.
4. What has Shannon been slipping into Seth's meals?
(a) She has been secretly giving him painkillers.
(b) She has been secretly giving him caffeine pills.
(c) She has been secretly feeding him hormones.
(d) She has been secretly giving him doses of arsenic.
5. Which character is shot?
(a) Manus Kelley.
(b) Evie Cottrell.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Brandy Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing about Brandy Alexander that surgeons cannot change?
2. Why is the group going to Seattle?
3. What color is Brandy's eyeshadow?
4. How does Shannon meet Brandy?
5. Why do Brandy, Shannon, and Manus frequent open houses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before her accident, what does Shannon do for a living?
2. What is Shannon's father's strategy for selling his pigs at market?
3. What device does the author employ again and again to convey Shannon's emotions?
4. How does Shannon describe the basic idea of modeling?
5. What causes Shannon's disfigurement?
6. Why do Evie and Shannon continually visit the department store?
7. Why have Brandy and her comrades come to the open house?
8. What is Brandy's final request to Shannon before she dies?
9. What subject is Evie most interested in during the pretend dramas she enacts with Shannon at the department store?
10. Why does Shannon feel she is in competition with Brandy and Evie in the first scene?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)