|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the policeman think happened to the remains of Shannon's face?
(a) He thinks the rain must have washed everything away.
(b) He thinks the wind must have blown the remains away.
(c) He thinks the force of the gunshot scattered everything.
(d) He thinks a bird must have gotten into the car and carried it away.
2. What is the scene setting in the beginning of Chapter One?
(a) The scene setting is a baptism.
(b) The scene setting is a wedding reception.
(c) The scene setting is a funeral.
(d) The scene setting is a bris.
3. What is Evie's taste in furniture?
(a) Provincial French painted white and gold.
(b) Swedish tapestries from the late 1600s.
(c) American prairie pieces from the early 1900s.
(d) Renaissance Italian mahogany.
4. What piece of jewelry does SIster Katherine wear?
(a) She wears a wedding ring.
(b) She wears a silver necklace.
(c) She wears a diamond broach.
(d) She wears gold earrings.
5. How does Shannon describe Brandy's mouth?
(a) Brick Red.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Shannon attribute her passing grade in modeling school?
2. What item does Evie keep under her bed?
3. Why is the group going to Seattle?
4. Where has Evie gone for her model shoot?
5. In Shannon's opinion, what are Shannon, Brandy, and Evie all competing for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accident does Shane have when he was fifteen?
2. Why does Shannon prefer to think of her brother as dead?
3. What is Brandy's final request to Shannon before she dies?
4. Why does Manus have pornography magazines around his apartment?
5. What is the one thing Shannon has wanted to be asked?
6. What is Seth's theory about television?
7. What subject is Evie most interested in during the pretend dramas she enacts with Shannon at the department store?
8. Describe briefly the opening scene of the novel.
9. Why does Evie live in a mansion in the suburbs?
10. Before her accident, what does Shannon do for a living?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)