|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Shannon attribute her passing grade in modeling school?
(a) She got a passing grade through old-fashioned determination and hard work.
(b) She accredits her natural talent and beauty.
(c) She claims that Evie's grade brought the curve down for everyone.
(d) She passes because the teacher likes her.
2. What does the narrator (Shannon McFarland) feel is responsible for Evie Cottrell's appearance?
(a) An exploded can of hairspray.
(b) A paper lantern.
(c) A paintbrush.
(d) A shampoo commercial.
3. Why does Brandy ask for the Darvons?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She has lower back pain.
(c) She has shoulder pain.
(d) She has a broken foot.
4. What has the owner of the house used for the master bathroom walls?
(a) The walls are painted yellow.
(b) The walls are lined completely in pink mirror.
(c) The walls are choked with picture frames.
(d) The walls are covered in geometric wallpaper.
5. What does Brandy think is the most boring thing in the entire world?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the doctor describe Shannon's wound?
2. What name does the little boy in the store call Shannon?
3. What object do the nuns remove from Shannon's bathroom?
4. What do Shannon and Brandy search for along with the drugs?
5. With whom does Shannon stay after she gets out of the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the day that Shannon's bandages are removed when she visits the grocery store?
2. Why does the narrator feel that she has no native tongue?
3. What philosophy does Brandy Alexander have that Shannon finds attractive?
4. When the realtor talks about Canadian currency, why does it give the group pause?
5. Describe briefly the opening scene of the novel.
6. What device does the author employ again and again to convey Shannon's emotions?
7. Why have Brandy and her comrades come to the open house?
8. Why does Brandy introduce Shannon to veils?
9. What is Seth's theory about television?
10. After arriving at the hospital, what surprises Shannon about the others in the waiting room?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)